KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019)
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (119): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules_2

Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)

Don't think there's a thread for ep.9 yet (I did a search and found nothing) so yeah here it is. Coming out Dec. 20th. When they reveal the name I'm sure the thread name will be edited.

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 07:10 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

its gonna be freaking awesome

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 07:16 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Glad for those that are looking forward to this. That being said I couldn't possibly care less. Disney Wars is dead to me. BUT AGAIN, I'm glad for anyone who enjoys it, I can be critical of something and still understand it has merit. thumb up

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 07:22 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Can't be any worse than TLJ which I was not a fan of. Abrams returning gives me hope.

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 07:23 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Theres literally nothing to look forward to. The big 3 are gone, and we have already seen Rey defeat Kylo. Dont see the excitement in watching that a second time.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 08:37 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

At least we still got Chewbacca...which doesn't mean much

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 08:41 PM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Theres literally nothing to look forward to. The big 3 are gone, and we have already seen Rey defeat Kylo. Dont see the excitement in watching that a second time.
True. Rey already won in TFA. Boom, Trilogy. Kylo had MORE TRAINING than her, was being trained by Snoke "The Joke" and she was just....absorbing power. She went from survivor to badass who cannot only "Out-force" Kylo but overpower him physically (lol) as well. Rey is fit, but I'm sorry....the skinny girl overpowering grown men (wait a minute....did I just call Kylo a man?) is a stupid trope these days. Superheroes are different. Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, hell even women with years and years of IN DEPTH training like Black Widow I can get behind but Rey just out wacking people with a stick occasionally (we're assuming because it wasn't shown).

She can also fly a spacecraft perfectly, she's a mechanic that can fix problems, she learned an advanced Jedi Mind trick in 2 or 3 attempts without training...etc etc.

Rey is a boring character that has faced little to no adversity and has already beaten her "rival". Essentially she's just going to beat Kylo again in Ep. 9 and everyone will be happy yay. Meh. Uninteresting characters going forward, and legends killed off without class. Good job Disney, good job.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 08:46 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
True. Rey already won in TFA. Boom, Trilogy. Kylo had MORE TRAINING than her, was being trained by Snoke "The Joke" and she was just....absorbing power. She went from survivor to badass who cannot only "Out-force" Kylo but overpower him physically (lol) as well. Rey is fit, but I'm sorry....the skinny girl overpowering grown men (wait a minute....did I just call Kylo a man?) is a stupid trope these days. Superheroes are different. Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, hell even women with years and years of IN DEPTH training like Black Widow I can get behind but Rey just out wacking people with a stick occasionally (we're assuming because it wasn't shown).

She can also fly a spacecraft perfectly, she's a mechanic that can fix problems, she learned an advanced Jedi Mind trick in 2 or 3 attempts without training...etc etc.

Rey is a boring character that has faced little to no adversity and has already beaten her "rival". Essentially she's just going to beat Kylo again in Ep. 9 and everyone will be happy yay. Meh. Uninteresting characters going forward, and legends killed off without class. Good job Disney, good job.

You left out that she fixed a problem with the falcon that Han couldn't fix, I know you had mechanic but I felt this needed mentioning alone because that was a load of BS. No one and I mean NO ONE, apart from maybe Chewie, knows more about the Falcon than Han especially someone who's been on the Falcon for 5 damn minutes

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 08:56 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I'm fine with the legacy characters being sent off, as the stories need to move forward and beyond them, though I wasn't much of a fan of Luke's passing the way it was handled, he essentially over-Forced himself. I'd prefer that he died in actual combat, not punking Kylo.

But in regards to Kylo & Rey, with the time-jump, they're both going to have increased in power. Kylo in ep8 was already more powerful than in ep7, why he was able to shield or confuse his thoughts/desires from Snoke. We can also assume that both Kylp and Rey have probably been focusing and training themselves in what we don't see between the films.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Jun 8th, 2018 at 09:04 PM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 08:58 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by steverules_2
You left out that she fixed a problem with the falcon that Han couldn't fix, I know you had mechanic but I felt this needed mentioning alone because that was a load of BS. No one and I mean NO ONE, apart from maybe Chewie, knows more about the Falcon than Han especially someone who's been on the Falcon for 5 damn minutes

She used the Force to guide her, like Luke did in epIV stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 08:58 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

thumb up

Agreed. Let the new trilogy die already.

At least we still got Chewbacca...which doesn't mean much

Good ol' Chewie was the only character I enjoyed in TLJ.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 09:01 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Robtard

But in regards to Kylo & Rey, with the time-jump, they're both going to have increased in power. Kylo in ep8 was already more powerful than in ep7, why he was able to shield or confuse his thoughts/desires from Snoke. We can also assume that both Kylp and Rey have probably been focusing and training themselves in what we don't see between the films.

Of course they will both have grown more powerful. My point is weve already seen her overcome him, so dont see why I should be excited to watch her overcome him again.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 09:13 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

So long Abrams rebukes, contradicts, and makes Rian's work NON-CANON I shall be happy and really looking forward for this movie...Otherwise...We could expect the WORST trilogy ending movie seen in a long time......

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 09:14 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

He won't, I consider this whole new trilogy non canon TBH

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 09:17 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Of course they will both have grown more powerful. My point is weve already seen her overcome him, so dont see why I should be excited to watch her overcome him again.

Fair enough, but what is she overcomes him not with the power of the Force, but with the power of love? eek!

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 09:23 PM
steverules_2

Fair enough, but what is she overcomes him not with the power of the Force, but with the power of love? eek!

You ever try that with Quan?? Are you and him still mortal enemies?

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 09:32 PM
Darth Thor

Love for his big titties?

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 09:35 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

You ever try that with Quan?? Are you and him still mortal enemies?

I've not bickered with quan for about two years now, maybe longer.

ps It worked

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 09:47 PM
steverules_2

Yeah I remember most threads in the movie discussion and movie vs was just pages and pages of you two arguing back and forth. Nice to know love eventually prevailed.

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 10:04 PM
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

I feel pot committed to this so I have to watch it. As a life long SW fan, I'll be there opening weekend. Even though I haven't liked these recent movies as much as the originals, I still gotta give them a shot.

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 10:15 PM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote