KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Death of Superman

The Death of Superman
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Death of Superman

DC's most recent animated film is out. I thought it was quite well done. It's a lot more faithful to the comics than the other Doomsday movie was. It was also nice to finally see Martian Manhunter.

There were a few questions I would have preferred answered, but I'm sure we'll find out in the sequel(Reign of the Supermen).

Anyone who has enjoyed the recent animated films from DC will more than likely enjoy this movie.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 07:09 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Let me guess, J'onn got his face smooshed while trying to carry Doomsday.

I guess they couldn't use Matrix Supergirl/Superman/Draaga /Lana anymore, which is too bad because I liked the character.

Did they at least work in Emil Hammilton?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 07:32 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

J’onn jobbed as usual. As did Flash.

That said, nice film. A pretty faithful adaptation.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 07:56 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

It's pretty good and Doomsday was a beast in this.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 08:06 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Let me guess, J'onn got his face smooshed while trying to carry Doomsday.

I guess they couldn't use Matrix Supergirl/Superman/Draaga /Lana anymore, which is too bad because I liked the character.

Did they at least work in Emil Hammilton?

He tries to beat him down and then wisely just goes intangible lol.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 08:58 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I need to watch this. I'm hoping that it's better than Doomsday was.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 09:22 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Impediment
I need to watch this. I'm hoping that it's better than Doomsday was.

leagues better..

i enjoyed this. WAAAAAYYYY better than that piece of shit BVS and JL combined

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 09:40 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
leagues better..

i enjoyed this. WAAAAAYYYY better than that piece of shit BVS and JL combined

I was actually thinking about BvS watching this. Thinking how badly Snyder messed up Doomsday and Supermans Death.

I like Supes portrayal in JL though. Cavill defo makes a good Superman. It was the grim script and directors vision that let the character down despite Cavill playing him previously.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 09:45 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

But is it better then the awesome Wonder Women animated movie?

One of my favorites, up there with Crisis on Two Earths.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 12:19 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Never going to see this. Lame. Poor dc fans have to look forward to this not the live action films.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 02:24 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

Originally posted by quanchi112
Never going to see this. Lame. Poor dc fans have to look forward to this not the live action films.

What's wrong with looking forward to an animated movie (and shows)? I still wish Marvel put more effort into their's before they axed Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Movies take a while to produce and release. Animated movies (and shows) don't take as long and they can go places the movies don't have time for.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 02:29 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Femi32
What's wrong with looking forward to an animated movie (and shows)? I still wish Marvel put more effort into their's before they axed Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Movies take a while to produce and release. Animated movies (and shows) don't take as long and they can go places the movies don't have time for.
They aren’t anywhere near as good or as impressive to me. Live action films and the comics. I’ve seen the animated stuff it’s typically lackluster so I don’t care to waste my time. The MCU is the pinnacle of world building and a shared cinematic universe. Nothing has ever been pulled of better.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 02:40 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

Quote feature isn't working for some reason.

I can understand the animated movies, but the shows? You didn't like any of the 90s Marvel cartoons, Bruce Timm-verse, Xmen Evolution, Wolverine and the Xmen, Earth's Mightiest Heroes, or Young Justice (my favorite)?

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 03:11 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Femi32
Quote feature isn't working for some reason.

I can understand the animated movies, but the shows? You didn't like any of the 90s Marvel cartoons, Bruce Timm-verse, Xmen Evolution, Wolverine and the Xmen, Earth's Mightiest Heroes, or Young Justice (my favorite)?
I did grow up liking the X-men show from the 90’s but times have changed. I don’t look back and want to watch them. This isn’t like He Man to me that I still adore and love. Live action and comics moves my heart rate not the toons.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 03:13 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Darth Thor
I was actually thinking about BvS watching this. Thinking how badly Snyder messed up Doomsday and Supermans Death.

I like Supes portrayal in JL though. Cavill defo makes a good Superman. It was the grim script and directors vision that let the character down despite Cavill playing him previously.

hopefully snyder won't have anything to do with the films going forward..

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 03:28 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

Is the Xmen show the only one you saw?

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 03:37 AM
Senor Cage

X-Men TAS is pretty much Marvel's only great show, cartoon wise. They need to up their game on the small screen.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 03:41 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

EMH was pretty good until they killed it.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 03:46 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

Originally posted by Zack M
X-Men TAS is pretty much Marvel's only great show, cartoon wise. They need to up their game on the small screen.

I would say X-Men: Evolution was. Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes would've been it if had an equal shot of lasting as long. I appreciated how that show used characters that I barely knew about and still made it interesting. Beware the Batman tried to do the same, but it didn't work.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 03:46 AM
dynamix

Originally posted by Zack M

spiderman TAS was pretty good too. also liked The Incredible Hulk TAS. i still remember the episode where he fought the wendigo with the sasquatch

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 05:26 AM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote