KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Constantine: City of Demons

Constantine: City of Demons
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Constantine: City of Demons

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6404896/

Anyone else plan on checking this out? They released a few short episodes of this a few months back, but they were basically little more than snippets, and not a fully whole story. But now it's a full, 90-minute film. And it's supposedly a follow on from the 2017 Justice League Dark animated film.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Oct 9th, 2018 at 04:52 PM

Old Post Oct 9th, 2018 04:50 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I own all the DC Animated films and I'll be watching this.

But the previous Justice League Dark film was just okay, hoping this series is an improvement.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 9th, 2018 05:02 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Just finished watching this.

It was mediocre.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 9th, 2018 05:19 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Do we get to see John smoke lots of Cartoon Ciggies?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2018 06:59 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Based on the shorts from a while back, yes. And, according to someone else I spoke to earlier who watched it, there is some kind of [SPOILER - highlight to read]: demon sex party lol, where bats fly out of someone's butthole, or something along those lines. The film, like a few of the DCAU films, is actually R-rated.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2018 07:23 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Well then, I'm sold.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2018 07:47 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Based on the shorts from a while back, yes. And, according to someone else I spoke to earlier who watched it, there is some kind of [SPOILER - highlight to read]: demon sex party lol, where bats fly out of someone's butthole, or something along those lines. The film, like a few of the DCAU films, is actually R-rated.
Yep.

The gorey/explicit scenes in this film are its biggest redeeming qualities, imo. It goes places I've not seen from any DCAU film in the past.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2018 11:39 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Where can I watch this? I'm a huge Hellblazer fan.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Oct 10th, 2018 12:35 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

That's what I am still trying to figure out lol, so that I can watch it myself. I know it's out there now, but I have been having trouble finding a reliable stream for it somewhere. I tried checking if it was on CW Seed (which is where the snippets originated from, before it became a full DCAU film), but that site just completely spazzes out for me every time I try to use it nowadays. The links seem broken and send me in a never-ending loop, without getting me to where I want to go.

It's interesting though. I am pretty sure this was originally meant to be a continuation for the CW version of Constantine (like the Vixen animated shorts that ended up becoming an animated CW film). But it went in a different direction, and ended up being added to the DCAU universe instead. But it can be confusing with Constantine in particular, as CW Constantine and DCAU Constantine are both played by Matt Ryan.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Oct 10th, 2018 at 01:51 AM

Old Post Oct 10th, 2018 01:48 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I didn't even know this was a thing until just now. Definitely gonna check it out.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 10th, 2018 01:48 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

How explicit we talking? Devilman CRYBABY levels of demon orgy fun? Beyond?

Old Post Oct 10th, 2018 02:06 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I only really know about there being graphic violence and the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: butthole thing so far. I didn't want too much spoiled for me before watching it myself.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2018 02:15 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by NemeBro
How explicit we talking? Devilman CRYBABY levels of demon orgy fun? Beyond?
Not much sexualness.

A sideview of bats flying out of an ass is as bad as it gets on that end. Quite a bit of gore for a DCAU film, though.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2018 11:29 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

This was mediocre at best, which was disappointing as I like Constantine.

The anal-bats wasn't very explicit either.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2018 06:27 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nice I will have to check it ouit, I didn't know the guy who played him in the live action show and in the Arrowverse also voices him here.

The live action show wasn't bad, it deserved a chance.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2018 08:50 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

where can i watch this

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 10th, 2018 09:15 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Thanks, will look into this.

On a related note:

Was that Constantine TV that came out a few years ago any good?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2018 01:26 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

It wasn't great, but it was better than the rep it got at the time. I felt like it was actually just figuring out the formula when they canned it, to be honest.

Because it was supposed to be a 22-episode series initially, IIRC. But they stopped it after 13. But it was kind of doomed to fail, because it was stuck in a shit timeslot, with almost zero advertisement. Most people I spoke to at the time had no idea this was even a thing until after it got cancelled.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2018 01:37 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Thanks, will look into this.

On a related note:

Was that Constantine TV that came out a few years ago any good?

Yeah, it was slow going at first, but it was finding itself by the time it got canned.

At least the character is gonna be on the upcoming season of legends as a series regular. I think this exposure could potentially set up another Constantine show.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2018 04:48 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

The TV show was good but not great.

The first and only season ended on a damn cliffhanger, too.

A few classic Jamie Delano stories were adapted into the show, so there's that.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Oct 11th, 2018 05:04 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote