KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » James Gunn to write and possibly direct Suicide Squad

James Gunn to write and possibly direct Suicide Squad
Started by: Senor Cage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

James Gunn to write and possibly direct Suicide Squad

Old Post Oct 9th, 2018 10:12 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Huge error for Alan horn to fire the man. I wish Gunn the best. He was fantastic and his career should flourish.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2018 10:15 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Dave Bautista wants in!

quote:
Where do I sign up! James Gunn Boards ‘Suicide Squad 2’ To Write And Possibly Direct – Deadline https://deadline.com/2018/10/james-...m_id=1202479455

Old Post Oct 9th, 2018 10:22 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

As much as I wanted Gunn to finish up the GoTG Trilogy, Disney's lose is WB's gain.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 9th, 2018 10:23 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Huge win for WB/DC if they can get him. Also a big middle finger to everyone at Marvel/Disney.

WB is no doubt loving this.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2018 10:32 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

First Whedon and now Gunn

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Oct 9th, 2018 10:36 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

DC & Warner Bros. bringing in talent that has already made successful Marvel properties - it looks like poaching to get Marvel's secret formula and has rarely worked out.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 9th, 2018 10:36 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by playa1258
Huge win for WB/DC if they can get him. Also a big middle finger to everyone at Marvel/Disney.

WB is no doubt loving this.

Yep. Gunn would do well with the SS property. It's going to be interesting.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2018 10:56 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Smart move.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2018 11:07 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

That's a pretty good call.

I think we do Whedon a disservice by claiming failing results for joining the WB side. With a movie that's already all chopped up and mostly filmed, was a tough thing to enter and just, upend.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Oct 9th, 2018 11:43 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

This could be interesting. I'd like to see what Gunn could do with those characters, because I feel like that first SS film had so much potential that ended up being completely wasted.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2018 02:42 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by quanchi112
Huge error for Alan horn to fire the man. I wish Gunn the best. He was fantastic and his career should flourish.

thumb up

Originally posted by Robtard
As much as I wanted Gunn to finish up the GoTG Trilogy, Disney's lose is WB's gain.

Disney is still going to use his script, right?

Old Post Oct 10th, 2018 02:59 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

They should give him something else, like maybe Lobo, or a Constantine reboot. I don't know why WB is so hell-bent on turning Suicide Squad into the DC version of GotG.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Oct 10th, 2018 05:40 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
They should give him something else, like maybe Lobo, or a Constantine reboot. I don't know why WB is so hell-bent on turning Suicide Squad into the DC version of GotG.

I'm surprised they're still trying to save DCEU, tbh.

They should either start anew, do a hard reboot or go back to making stand-alone films.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2018 05:59 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn

Was probably Gunns choice.

Whats funny is the previous writers just recently finished and handed in their script. Clearly no one will be reading that lol

Old Post Oct 10th, 2018 06:18 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I read that the reason the previous script will not be used is because it ended up being very similar to the Birds of Prey script.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2018 08:17 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Might actually get a decent SS squad film...maybe

Old Post Oct 10th, 2018 08:43 AM
DarthPlaguis12 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Old Post Oct 10th, 2018 09:16 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Oh, wow.

This would've been awesome.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2018 09:25 AM
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Quincy
That's a pretty good call.

I think we do Whedon a disservice by claiming failing results for joining the WB side. With a movie that's already all chopped up and mostly filmed, was a tough thing to enter and just, upend.

This is true, dc ****ed with the film then Snyder cried about it too. The film wasn’t that bad, was probably better then most of the shit Snyder made to be honest.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2018 09:50 AM
DarthPlaguis12 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote