KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald

I have not seen a topic for this yet. Has anyone seen it yet? I admit I have not, but I am not hearing good things from the reviews.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2018 03:53 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

It’s nothing special

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Nov 20th, 2018 03:57 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Disappointing, I really enjoyed the first movie.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2018 04:02 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ First movie was much better.

This one was very slow paced. But I like some what they are building to. Theres a lot of Star Wars parallels put in place, but not sure the hardcore HP fans will like that.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2018 04:24 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Heard about the film's twist. Sounds absolutely awful.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2018 04:27 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

I tried to watch the first one and had almost zero interest. So I don't care at all about the new one.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2018 04:38 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Better than the first. Depp does an outstanding job as Grindelwald. Jude Law is also an excellent choice as a younger Dumbledore. One thing I hope they alter is the amount of films and trim it down. The problem this series has is its main character is nothing special. He is so weird and aloof only someone like fly could really understand. I do not hate the character I just do not care about him one way or the other.

J. K. Rowling needs to quit being so hands on you can tell a lot of the issues with this film is probably due to her being solely responsible for the screenplay.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2018 05:00 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834

Twist? What twist?

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Nov 20th, 2018 05:15 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by ares834
It is a solid entry and an improvement over the last one. I doubt the series will ever come close to Potter greatness but no one really expects it too. Harry Potter the series utterly decimates the Ot Star Wars trilogy on every conceivable level.

Better story, better characters, superior villain, better special effects, and far deeper on an emotional level since we literally see the kids grow up on screen.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2018 05:16 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

So overall, good action, thrilling, good acting (especially Johnny Depp), good characters, some interesting shit, but the plot is kinda jumbled up and confusing.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Part of me has been viscerally satisfied in a way I did not know I needed, by Johnny Depp hitting a magical future vision hookah as a wizard

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Nov 20th, 2018 07:02 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I heard that the thing it LACKED the Most was that for a movie called "Fantastic Beasts" it didn't have that many FANTASTIC BEASTS in it.

eh. this can wait for it to show up on TBS and I am bored enough to actually turn my TV on...and can't find anything else to not pay much attention to while doing something else..like washing the dishes.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2018 07:16 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Young Dumbledore and Grindelwald were great. This film has actually got me more into the franchise.

That said I still feel this one was slow and the last one (which I just caught up on a few weeks ago) was more entertaining. So I dont think this will have the box office legs the last one had and is already off to a lower start. Hope that doesnt put the rest of the series in jeopardy as im more into this now than I ever was during the HP series.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2018 07:45 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Young Dumbledore and Grindelwald were great. This film has actually got me more into the franchise.

That said I still feel this one was slow and the last one (which I just caught up on a few weeks ago) was more entertaining. So I dont think this will have the box office legs the last one had and is already off to a lower start. Hope that doesnt put the rest of the series in jeopardy as im more into this now than I ever was during the HP series.
So you are not a fan just trying to jump on board. This will do fine internationally and will turn a profit. Hopefully J K gets put in her place and improvements are made from here on out.

Better than the first one by far. Depp steals the show but still an inferior villain to the true dark lord.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2018 08:32 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by quanchi112
So you are not a fan just trying to jump on board.

Lmao thats too funny coming from you.

HP series were fine. Im having way more fun with FB though.

Im not like you jumping aboard regardless of quality or enjoyment just because your corporate king bought the franchise. Or because I think its making more money Lmao (FB films are making a lot less).

Old Post Nov 20th, 2018 08:41 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Lmao thats too funny coming from you.

HP series were fine. Im having way more fun with FB though.

Im not like you jumping aboard regardless of quality or enjoyment just because your corporate king bought the franchise. Or because I think its making more money Lmao (FB films are making a lot less).
Potter is leaps and bounds better but whatever. If you prefer this by all means.

Money has nothing to do with it. It is quality and I fell in love with Voldemort years back. He is the most selfish evil bastard on the silver screen. Rejected his humanity which is awesome. Far superior villain to Sidious or Vader.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2018 08:52 PM
Flyattractor

Anybody else smelling that Hypocrisy?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2018 07:11 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

So you are not a fan just trying to jump on board.

Says the guy who got into the newer Star Wars films and the Star Trek movies while bashing all the originals, then spends his time arguing that he's the most hardcore fan of both series.

Face it tiger, Darth Thor will never be that insecure.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 21st, 2018 08:29 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Bentley
Says the guy who got into the newer Star Wars films and the Star Trek movies while bashing all the originals, then spends his time arguing that he's the most hardcore fan of both series.

Face it tiger, Darth Thor will never be that insecure.
I never once claimed to be a diehard then. I said I am a bigger fan of the newer stuff. Most trash Star Wars left and right and want it to fail. That is a salty, toxic fan. Most Star Trek fans despise the newer stuff. I love it by far over anyone here. I made Khan and Snoke kmc famous.

The dude gets bossed around from his wife. She will not even let him post on the weekends. You would have to search for a more spineless guy but there are a few here that could give him a run for his money.

I get it that you get triggered, Frenchman. What is silly is you get involved when your country is so historically pathetic. Just stfu and take it.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2018 03:56 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Anybody else smelling that Hypocrisy?
Now that you showed up sure.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2018 03:56 PM
Darth Thor

The dude gets bossed around from his wife. She will not even let him post on the weekends. You would have to search for a more spineless guy but there are a few here that could give him a run for his money.

Dude dont be jealous. No woman wants to spend her life with you. You need to sort out your personality for that.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2018 05:20 PM