KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Problem with Zack Snyder's "Deconstruct Heroes"

Problem with Zack Snyder's "Deconstruct Heroes"
Started by: Slowpoke

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Slowpoke

Problem with Zack Snyder's "Deconstruct Heroes"

Many individuals have talked about this being DCEU's problem. Do ppl hate it? Not really, but they don't like it when it's misused.

Snyder is a big Watchman fan, we got it. Sure it's a very cool comic series, but its formula doesn't fit every superhero, not every hero has to be so dark and gritty. The stories like Watchman, TDKR, Flashpoint and Injustice were popular because they were "fresh and new", twisting and overturning ordinary superhero stories, but when ppl are not even familiar with the ordinary heroes saving the world, it's going to backfire. Ppl don't want to see it in the beginning of the DCEU, BEFORE the hero has raised up and the JL has been formed.

Such overuse of deconstruction further increased the difficulty of bringing the superheroes together. It should be used in later stage rather than the beginning. Ppl dont' want to see a Superman who was deeply feared and hated by the world, a middle aged Batman who went extreme, a Wonder Woman who had given up on humanity. And in JL we saw that Aquaman had strong personal issue with his mother. That's way too much. Also Snyder couldn't handle such story really well because there weren't enough setups, which is why we got "Martha".

Old Post Dec 29th, 2018 04:22 AM
Slowpoke is currently offline Click here to Send Slowpoke a Private Message Find more posts by Slowpoke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

"Everyone says that about [Christopher Nolan’s] Batman Begins. ”Batman’s dark.” I’m like, okay, ”No, Batman’s cool.” He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn’t, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about dark, that’s how that would go."_Zack Snyder

http://screencrush.com/zack-snyder-...atman-superman/

Old Post Dec 29th, 2018 04:37 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Hack Snyder is still making movies????

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 29th, 2018 06:53 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I liked Watchmen The Movie.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2018 06:56 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slowpoke

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I liked Watchmen The Movie.

Yes but its formula doesn't fit all the heroes.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2018 09:52 PM
Slowpoke is currently offline Click here to Send Slowpoke a Private Message Find more posts by Slowpoke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Very true. Which is why the SHOULD NOT HAVE put that Shit Head in charge of their DCEU.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2018 09:53 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

His Dawn of the Dead Remake was also good too.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 12:55 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thing is Snyder is stuck in the days of Miracleman, Kingdom Come, V for Vendetta, Watchmen etc. Comics have moved on and they were niche comics then. Most people didn't buy Warrior, that's why it folded.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 12:58 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slowpoke

Originally posted by Putinbot1
Thing is Snyder is stuck in the days of Miracleman, Kingdom Come, V for Vendetta, Watchmen etc. Comics have moved on and they were niche comics then. Most people didn't buy Warrior, that's why it folded.

All these comics were popular because they were something special compare to ordinary "save the day" comics. But such formula doesn't fit all heroes and you can't use them when DCEU hasn't been built, the general audience hasn't been familiar with ordinary heroes anymore. It's like MCU making Civil War right after IM1.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 03:31 AM
Slowpoke

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Very true. Which is why the SHOULD NOT HAVE put that Shit Head in charge of their DCEU.

Geoff Johns should have been the Kevin of DCEU.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 03:32 AM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Slowpoke
All these comics were popular because they were something special compare to ordinary "save the day" comics. But such formula doesn't fit all heroes and you can't use them when DCEU hasn't been built, the general audience hasn't been familiar with ordinary heroes anymore. It's like MCU making Civil War right after IM1.
most major heroes have been deconstructed, reconstructed, had other people as the title hero. People who are unfamiliar with a character don't know Snyder's Bat man is inherently flawed as mainstream bat man hasn't used a gun since the 50's regularly. Or perhaps they are too familiar with Reeves and don't want to see a Superman who kills, I know I don't, even though he has more than once in the comics.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 03:40 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Slowpoke
Geoff Johns should have been the Kevin of DCEU.

A block of wood with a turd taped to it would have been a beter choice.

Shit. I would have given it to anyone in the Animated DC Movies Dept.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 03:57 AM
Slowpoke

Originally posted by Putinbot1
most major heroes have been deconstructed, reconstructed, had other people as the title hero. People who are unfamiliar with a character don't know Snyder's Bat man is inherently flawed as mainstream bat man hasn't used a gun since the 50's regularly. Or perhaps they are too familiar with Reeves and don't want to see a Superman who kills, I know I don't, even though he has more than once in the comics.

I'm ok with Superman has to use lethal force under extreme situation. I'm not fine with the whole "world hate Superman" setting and the terrible characterization of Jonathan Kent.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 04:01 AM