KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Doom: Annihilation (2019)

Doom: Annihilation (2019)
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Doom: Annihilation (2019)

The first time I saw the Rock/Karl Urban version I didn't mind it, but it didn't hold up when I watched it again. People seem to be ripping this to shreds. It seems they might have effed it up again...

Old Post Mar 12th, 2019 02:11 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Phuck even DOOM guy isn't safe and becomes DOOM lady

Why can't they just make a first person shooter movie kicking demon ass? It's not hard

Even id software want nothing to do with this:

quote:
On the 11th of March 2019, id Software's official Doom social media account expressed its distance from the project, stating they are "not involved with the movie". This came as a response to the mostly negative fan feedback following the trailer release for Doom: Annihilation.

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Last edited by steverules_2 on Mar 12th, 2019 at 10:52 PM

Old Post Mar 12th, 2019 10:49 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Looks shit

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 12th, 2019 11:07 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Looks garbage....C-Grade level movie.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2019 01:29 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Can anyone say "straight to the SyFy channel"?

Old Post Mar 13th, 2019 01:33 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The movie is so bad...ID software doesn't want anything to do with it

https://au.ign.com/articles/2019/03...-new-doom-movie

Old Post Mar 13th, 2019 01:55 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Literally already said that

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules_2
Phuck even DOOM guy isn't safe and becomes DOOM lady

Why can't they just make a first person shooter movie kicking demon ass? It's not hard

Even id software want nothing to do with this:

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Mar 13th, 2019 02:11 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Good for you....do you want award now?

Old Post Mar 13th, 2019 02:22 AM
steverules_2

Originally posted by Kazenji
Good for you....do you want award now?

Yes no expression

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Mar 13th, 2019 02:34 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

no thanks

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 13th, 2019 02:40 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Tweet from the lead actress of this 'film'.

https://twitter.com/amymansonlondon...7713327105?s=21

Everyone needs Doomguy apparently... Gotta love how taking potshots at the source material like that to garner attention pretty much always backfires.

And yeah, this pretty much makes the 2005 Doom movie look like a masterpiece. Apart from making the demons out to be some science experiment gone wrong instead of denizens of hell, it was dumb fun at least along with the cast (Dwayne Johnson, Karl Urban, etc), but this has utter shite production value with no one remarkable of note involved. It's a Uwe Boll level movie or worse.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Mar 13th, 2019 at 04:20 AM

Old Post Mar 13th, 2019 04:17 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Looks like utter dogshit.

That said, all the stupid people in the world will say that the problem here is Doomguy being a Doomgirl instead, despite the Karl Urban one being dogshit as well, but the actual problem is that no one in Hollywood has any idea how to film action setpieces in the manic and visceral manner that you'd need to do a game like Doom justice. The problem is always the same: it's too slow. A scene of some chick shaking a gun at the camera and then cutting to a zombie falling down won't cut it.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Mar 13th, 2019 at 07:50 AM

Old Post Mar 13th, 2019 07:43 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by steverules_2
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Looks like utter dogshit.

That said, all the stupid people in the world will say that the problem here is Doomguy being a Doomgirl instead, despite the Karl Urban one being dogshit as well, but the actual problem is that no one in Hollywood has any idea how to film action setpieces in the manic and visceral manner that you'd need to do a game like Doom justice. The problem is always the same: it's too slow. A scene of some chick shaking a gun at the camera and then cutting to a zombie falling down won't cut it.

That seems about right. Why not hire the guy who directed Hardcore Henry to direct? There's your first-person perspective right there. Of course then you'd need some A-list horror production design, but you know..

Old Post Mar 13th, 2019 12:05 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

This is gonna be a direct to DVD thing anyway, not a theatrical release, and the budget (or lack thereof) shows. Thought about making a thread for this here before I saw this one made but it didn't even seem worth it. It's gonna be quickly forgotten.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Mar 13th, 2019 at 06:30 PM

Old Post Mar 13th, 2019 06:28 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

There has been some good direct to DVD movies but this movie an't gonna be one of them.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2019 12:30 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Doom the game never impressed me. This sounds even worse than the game. Glad I am not a fan.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2019 01:32 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Kazenji
There has been some good direct to DVD movies but this movie an't gonna be one of them.

Yeah, so as it is, only makes me more thankful for the upcoming Doom Eternal, which fans will just wait to experience that instead of stopping by to watch this trainwreck.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2019 01:44 AM
steverules_2

Originally posted by quanchi112
Doom the game never impressed me. This sounds even worse than the game. Glad I am not a fan.

Well no one plays DOOM for the story, there's not much story to the DOOM games

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Mar 14th, 2019 02:45 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

It has some interesting background lore, at least from the Doom 3 era and onward, which the 2005 movie paid homage to with showing artifacts and stuff of the deceased ancient martian civilization.

The first film was subpar, yes, but have to give it credit for the few things it did right, which will probably be more than can said for Annihilation. Hey, you know what other video game film followup that sucked hard and had a similar title? Mortal Kombat Annihilation! Because they annihilate what was good about the source material!

Old Post Mar 14th, 2019 03:03 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Doom 1, 2 & Final Doom did have story to it, But it wasn't story driven like alot of the newer FPS these days

had the background info in the instruction booklet.

Last edited by Kazenji on Mar 14th, 2019 at 04:18 AM

Old Post Mar 14th, 2019 04:04 AM