KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » MCU: Phase 5 and Beyond

MCU: Phase 5 and Beyond
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

MCU: Phase 5 and Beyond

With the conclusion of Endgame only a month away, and the inclusion of the FOX Marvel properties we’re entering a new era. What do you think is the next big threat looming after Thanos? Will the inclusion of the Xmen be gradual like the past, or will they make a whole film to include them given the audiences familiarities with the Xmen/FF? For the smaller screen, when do you expect to see the rebooted versions of Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and Daredevil?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 06:33 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Doctor Doom needs to be the next central villain of the MCU, with the methodical inclusion of the Fantastic Four.

Doom, IMO, is a far better villain than Thanos. Not saying Thanos isn't bad ass, but Doom is more interesting.

If not him, then do Secret Invasion with the Skrulls.

“Dreams shape the world."

Last edited by Impediment on Mar 31st, 2019 at 10:57 PM

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 06:40 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Adam Warlock and the new cosmic affairs his appearance heralds.

The crossover material is abundant and should be used to create a true nexus for upcoming works.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 07:07 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I hope they try to work Sentry into it.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 07:10 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
I hope they try to work Sentry into it.

I can see them including Sentry. He’s a goldmine to bring to the forefront, and will create a nice foil to Superman’s appearance in the DCEU.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 07:28 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Impediment
Doctor Doom needs to be the next central villain of the MCU, with the methodical inclusion of the Fantastic Four.

Doom, IMO, is a far better villain than Thanos. Not saying Thanos isn't bad ass, but Doom is more interesting.

If not him, then do Secret Invasion with the Skrulls.
Agreed. It doesn't get any better than Doom as far as comic villains go, so he seems like the obvious choice now that he's an option. It's gonna be hard to top Doom in phase 6 though.

Also kind of irrelevant, but I hope they find a good way to make the Maximoff twins Magnetos children now that mutants are an option (I know the comics changed their parentage and mutanthood, but that's a stupid retcon to fall in line with the movies) and maybe retcon Quicksilvers death (that was a waste IMO).

PWNT

Last edited by Impediment on Mar 31st, 2019 at 10:58 PM

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 07:51 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

What about Galactus? Honestly feel that he’d be good, they could end each MCU film with him getting closer and closer to earth with just a shit tonne of dead planets that he leaves behind

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 08:07 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Though I expect theyll focus on Magneto first on the X-Men side of things like usual, proper buildup and execution of Apocalypse and his acolytes would go a long way for another big villain in addition to Doom.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 08:10 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Though I expect theyll focus on Magneto first on the X-Men side of things like usual, proper buildup and execution of Apocalypse and his acolytes would go a long way for another big villain in addition to Doom.
I'd be good with this too. Give the Avengers a smaller focus before Doom and focus on the X-men and FF for phase 5.

Originally posted by steverules_2
What about Galactus? Honestly feel that he’d be good, they could end each MCU film with him getting closer and closer to earth with just a shit tonne of dead planets that he leaves behind
Galactus is always a great choice. I'd love to see the MCU pull him off.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 08:25 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Doom is a step backwards compared to Thanos, he’s a Sunday morning cartoon villain who’s plans are inferior in scale and impact. Galactus is the only real single greater threat than Thanos in terms of scope. Annihilation would be a great event to do if the don’t want a single villain to concentrate on.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 09:34 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

^ thumb up

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 09:38 PM
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Doom is overrated. No portrayal we’ll ever be sufficient with the type of character he is. Apoc is done with and dead in the water. Get real, people.

Annihilus, AW, Galactus, and crossover material is where it’s at.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 09:40 PM
ares834

quote:
Doom is a step backwards compared to Thanos, he’s a Sunday morning cartoon villain who’s plans are inferior in scale and impact. Galactus is the only real single greater threat than Thanos in terms of scope. Annihilation would be a great event to do if the don’t want a single villain to concentrate on.

Scale and impact aren't what make a villain good. Smaller stakes can be every bit as compelling.

With that said, I don't think Doom's plans can truly be called smaller in scale when considering stuff like Secret Wars.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 09:44 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Galactus will mostly be the "villain" in a Surfer movie. Starting off as Norin's master/mentor and then Surfer turning on him.

Now with the Fox acquisition , these are some of the characters they could use....

X-Men, X-force, X-factor, any mutants
Fantastic four
Galactus
Silver surfer
Adam warlock
Annihilus
Sentry
Gladiator
Quasar
Nova
Namor
Dr Doom
All the heralds of Galactus
Deadpool
Alpha Flight
Captain Britain
The Savage land
Kang the conqueror
Mister Sinister
Onslaught
Franklin Richards
Kang
Mephisto
Blackheart
Modok
Etc,etc

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 09:46 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Doctor Doom, Sentry.. Warlock who should still be introduced in GOTG vol 3 ..

T'will be interesting to see how the FF and X-Men get introduced..

Norrin Radd, Firelord and Air Walker

The one true Nova AKA Richard Rider..

Namor, if something can be worked out with Universal

A better version of Blaze and then Ketch Ghost Rider

Iron Fist...

more of the Celestials..

hoping Thanos will be in The Eternals film.

Beta Ray Bill

Frankie Raye version of Nova

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 10:36 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Kinda wanna see John Krasinski as Mr. Fantastic after seeing this fan made pic
(please log in to view the image)

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 10:42 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Eon Blue
I can see them including Sentry. He’s a goldmine to bring to the forefront, and will create a nice foil to Superman’s appearance in the DCEU.

Plus most people aren't gonna know who he is so [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the revelation Sentry is the Void will be shocking for most of the audience if done correctly.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 10:49 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Originally posted by steverules_2
Kinda wanna see John Krasinski as Mr. Fantastic after seeing this fan made pic
(please log in to view the image)

That would be cool, it could help improve Reed's image, as most just think of him as a giant dork.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 11:39 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Zack Snyder threatening to take over the MCU from Kevin Feige.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 12:43 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
That would be cool, it could help improve Reed's image, as most just think of him as a giant dork.
He's a giant dork that can stretch.

He isn't a big beefy tough guy and he shouldn't be.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 12:52 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote