KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Man of Steel vs. Shazam: Which film is better?

Man of Steel vs. Shazam: Which film is better?
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

Man of Steel vs. Shazam: Which film is better?

I hear many saying Shazam is the best dceu film to date so let us see where your allegiance lies.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2019 09:13 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Shazam

Billy is a much more sympathetic character

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 8th, 2019 09:28 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
Shazam

Billy is a much more sympathetic character

I haven't seen Shazam yet, but assuming he doesn't get thousands of people killed in a super powered fight...sure feels like you're judging Superman for doing so. Not cool bro.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2019 09:40 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Man of Steel. Better. Everything.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2019 10:31 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Shazam.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2019 10:42 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Shazam.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2019 10:57 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I am enjoying the Superman traitors tbh. laughing out loud

Sheep.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2019 12:07 AM
jaden_2.0
Awful

I had high hopes for MoS and it didn't live up to them. I didn't have high hopes for Shazam and it was about what I expected. So about the same to me.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2019 12:31 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
I had high hopes for MoS and it didn't live up to them. I didn't have high hopes for Shazam and it was about what I expected. So about the same to me.
Man of steel had better action sequences and is a lot more rewatchable. That being said neither a turn sequences move my needle like the MCU but Shazam fights were terrible.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2019 12:33 AM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by quanchi112
Man of steel had better action sequences and is a lot more rewatchable. That being said neither a turn sequences move my needle like the MCU but Shazam fights were terrible.

Yeah the final sequence in Shazam reminded me of the London scene in Rise of the Silver Surfer. Not great. Characterization is a problem in both but for different reasons. Everyone in Man of Steel was the same moody, serious and miserable. Where as in Shazam the difference between the humour between him and the kids was too much of a contrast with Sivana that it felt like 2 different movies when it switched between their respective scenes.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2019 12:50 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Yeah the final sequence in Shazam reminded me of the London scene in Rise of the Silver Surfer. Not great. Characterization is a problem in both but for different reasons. Everyone in Man of Steel was the same moody, serious and miserable. Where as in Shazam the difference between the humour between him and the kids was too much of a contrast with Sivana that it felt like 2 different movies when it switched between their respective scenes.
Both had problems but the action and visuals in MOS were on another level than this piece of trash. What is surprising is Darth Thor wants more Shazam less Superman. This coming from a Superman hater says a lot.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2019 12:53 AM
jaden_2.0
Awful

I suppose it depends what someone wants from a comicbook movie. The current iteration of Superman is hardly the go-to character for a bit of humour. An odd choice given the originals had plenty funny moments with Clark Kent and are far more highly regarded with the obvious exception of Quest for Peace which was as bad as they come.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2019 01:11 AM
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
Man of Steel. Better. Everything.

thumb up

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2019 02:07 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I suppose it depends what someone wants from a comicbook movie. The current iteration of Superman is hardly the go-to character for a bit of humour. An odd choice given the originals had plenty funny moments with Clark Kent and are far more highly regarded with the obvious exception of Quest for Peace which was as bad as they come.
I do not tend to go for any one thing it just had to work. Shazam did not work for me. It was boring and the action was sub par.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2019 02:09 AM
Arachnid1

I'm in the minority but I prefered Man of Steel

PWNT

Old Post Apr 9th, 2019 02:56 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

MoS aims higher and further, and it gets a lot more flak than it deserves imo, but it also suffers more as a result when it falls short. Shazam is better in most regards, bar the fight scenes.

Shazam is the superior movie imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 9th, 2019 03:54 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Where as in Shazam the difference between the humour between him and the kids was too much of a contrast with Sivana that it felt like 2 different movies when it switched between their respective scenes.

I didn't get that impression at all. Just because a movie is mostly light-hearted doesn't mean it can't have darkness as well. In fact, it's one of the films best strengths. The kids felt and acted like kids yet the villain was still intimidating and dangerous rather then be merely a joke.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2019 04:55 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I think we can all agree MoS has better fight scenes and polish that comes from a superior budget.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 9th, 2019 07:44 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Spoilers dude.

Anyway thread should be Wonder Woman vs Shazam, as they are the 2 best received films in the DCEU.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2019 10:40 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Reported for spoiling. Enjoy your ban

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 9th, 2019 10:41 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote