KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » What was your opinion on Batfleck?

Was Ben Affleck a good Batman?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 6 31.58%
No 4 21.05%
He was just okay, not bad or good 9 47.37%
Total: 19 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

What was your opinion on Batfleck?
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules_2

What was your opinion on Batfleck?

I think everyone can agree that he wasn't a great Daredevil but I remember people weren't happy when it was announced he was going to be Batman. Curious to see what people's opinion of him was after BvS and JL.

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Oct 8th, 2019 09:11 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

well his only good scene was the wharehouse scene and that was it

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 8th, 2019 09:14 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I want to see Ben Affleck as Thanos

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 8th, 2019 09:21 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

People bitched to much honestly. Affleck is a great actor and director. And he was a good Batman. It’s not Affleck’s fault that the script sucked.

Most people failed to realize, Synder wasn’t going for the Addam West loving Batman, but Bob Kane Batman. A Batman that carried a gun, and snap people’s neck with a bat kick.

BatmanVSuperman, and Justice League had many problem, Affleck’s acting was not one of them.

Also, people to think day are still in the Marvel mindset, where every 5 seconds there needs to be joke. Those are the same people that claims Thor Ragnarok is one of the best cinematic comic adaptions they’ve seen in a while.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2019 10:00 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

He wasn't better than Christian Bale, but he's at least No. 2 for live action actors, I'd say. I never had a problem with his casting, and he certainly wasn't the reason the DCEU ran aground: Geoff Johns & company kept hiring the wrong people to direct, and they rushed things to get the Justice League movie out. That set them back years, and maybe they play second to Marvel Studios forever, now.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 8th, 2019 10:29 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Bale’s Batman sucked in Rises to me. The voice was to cringe worthy.

I still like Batman Begins Bale the best.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2019 10:33 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

I liked the way he was portrayed at the beginning of BvS. Almost like a horror movie in that house with the police.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2019 10:56 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

well it doesn't matter anyway co the dceu is truly dead

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 02:45 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

He was a good Batman, It's just that the movies that he was in weren't that great.

quote:
Bale’s Batman sucked in Rises to me.
The voice was to cringe worthy.

I still like Batman Begins Bale the best.

I hate how people seem to ignore Batman Begins, When they complain about his voice for the next two movies.

Last edited by Kazenji on Oct 9th, 2019 at 03:02 AM

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 03:00 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

I'm partial to Christian Bale. He's the definitive live action Batman to me.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 03:13 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

How is this Relevant?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 05:38 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I think we got promising hints that Affleck could do the job, we just didn't see enough of him.

It's sad we won't see more of him, imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 08:16 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
How is this Relevant?

Because he was the last one to play batman before Affleck. Kind of expected people to bring him up tbh.

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 08:54 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
I'm partial to Christian Bale. He's the definitive live action Batman to me.

I like Keaton’s Batman the best, where as I like Kilmer’s Bruce Wayne the best.

Keaton was the dark vigilante, where as Kilmer was the good looking brooding Bruce Wayne.

I think Bale had a fusion of the 2, and that’s why his portrayal of Bruce and Batman resonated so much.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 09:10 AM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

I liked him as Daredevil and Batman.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 09:11 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Kazenji
He was a good Batman, It's just that the movies that he was in weren't that great.

Basically.

Originally posted by Kazenji
I hate how people seem to ignore Batman Begins, When they complain about his voice for the next two movies.

In my case, I was unimpressed w. Bale since the first movie. The first overly long, dull, ignore every other aspect of Batman but his MA training and even manage to make THAT boring, dear lord what crappy costume movie.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 09:32 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Didn’t much care for Bales Bat voice

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 02:03 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I chose "He was just okay, not bad or good". Though I did enjoy the fight sequence that seemed to mimic the gameplay from the Batman Arkham Asylum game.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 02:06 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

That was the only part of BvS I actually liked

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 02:09 PM
Darth Thor

Afflecks portrayal of Batman was good. Unfortunately Snyders portrayal of the character was not.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 02:27 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote