KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movies you cant believe got sequels or became trilogies

Movies you cant believe got sequels or became trilogies
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Movies you cant believe got sequels or became trilogies

First off, NOT asking about direct to video/DVD stuff (the list would then be never ending), but actual theatrical releases.

What got me thinking was seeing LONDON HAS FALLEN playing as i channel surfed today.

Don’t get me wrong, I liked the first movie, but thought WHITE HOUSE DOWN was way more fun, and thought for sure, of the two, IT would get a sequel.
Never happened.
But we’re on our third FALLEN movie.
I mean, i’ve never heard anyone online or IRL rave about these movies. I actually saw a lot of negative chat on the second installment.
So, are these movies really inexpensive to make? Does someone owe Gerard Butler a favor? I dunno, but yeah, i’m definitely surprised this became a trilogy.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2019 08:40 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Star Wars The Force Awakens.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2019 09:46 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

As to the OP’s question, the answer is simple... those movies made a lot of money.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2019 09:48 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can't believe we got so many damned Hunger Games movies.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2019 09:51 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

No idea why so many garbage horror movies end up with franchises. Insidious, Annabelle, Paranormal Activity etc.

Same with action films aimed at teens like Maze Runner, Divergent

Old Post Nov 13th, 2019 01:30 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden_2.0

Those were based on books, So course they were going to adapt them.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2019 01:47 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
No idea why so many garbage horror movies end up with franchises. Insidious, Annabelle, Paranormal Activity etc.

Good one. Like Squalix pointed out, these movies obviously made money, but, knowing why they got made and believing they got made, are two different things!
quote:
Originally posted by Kazenji
Those were based on books, So course they were going to adapt them.

True, and again, someone must have seen enough there to take the chance.

Reminds me of PERCY JACKSON (a great multi book series) that died out after two movies, and WORLD OF WARCRAFT, that literally was to be continued, and never was.
In the former’s case, I wasn’t too disappointed. In The latter case though, I was really bummed.

Last edited by riv6672 on Nov 13th, 2019 at 02:18 AM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2019 02:15 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

The Bayformers.

Only good one was the first. Kept getting progressively worse each movie, yet made a ton of money. For some reason.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2019 02:18 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The first Insidious was good.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2019 09:49 PM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

lI can't believe thematically speaking we got a third Terminator and beyond tbh, I get the cash grab and all and that's why any and all sequels mentioned here will have been made but cmon... also ion my list:

Trainspotting
Dumb and Dumber
Lion King
The Hangover
Home Alone

and those are just off the dome there are many many more out there that were made for a quick buck with no thought towards quality

Old Post Nov 14th, 2019 10:35 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by relentless1
lI can't believe thematically speaking we got a third Terminator and beyond tbh, I get the cash grab and all and that's why any and all sequels mentioned here will have been made but cmon... also ion my list:

Trainspotting
Dumb and Dumber
Lion King
The Hangover
Home Alone

and those are just off the dome there are many many more out there that were made for a quick buck with no thought towards quality

When did Lion King get a sequel? OP discounted direct video.

Unless you mean the 2019 one.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2019 02:30 PM
Zenwolf is currently offline Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by cdtm
The Bayformers.

Only good one was the first. Kept getting progressively worse each movie, yet made a ton of money. For some reason.

I like the first two, and I like Bumblebee. The rest can **** all the way off, though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 14th, 2019 02:34 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by -Pr-
I like the first two, and I like Bumblebee. The rest can **** all the way off, though.

Second one was watchable compared to the rest, just not as good as the first one imo.

Bumblebee I don't count as a Bayformer movie. I think Bay had a consulting role, but the director was Travis Knight.

Cut and pasted from Vs General Discussion.

No idea how I made that mistake. Or if I even did, and the board didn't glitch out.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2019 03:12 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by Surtur
The first Insidious was good.

1st half was. Up until the dinner table scare. Turned complete shite after that.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2019 05:42 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Cut and pasted from Vs General Discussion.

No idea how I made that mistake. Or if I even did, and the board didn't glitch out.

Second one was watchable compared to the rest, just not as good as the first one imo.

Bumblebee I don't count as a Bayformer movie. I think Bay had a consulting role, but the director was Travis Knight.

laughing out loud

Honestly, I can't tell you a thing about the plot of the second movie. But I absolutely love that scene when Prime beats the living piss out of a whole bunch of Decepticons single-handed.

True, I just included it because it was transformers.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 15th, 2019 03:09 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Originally posted by Zenwolf
When did Lion King get a sequel? OP discounted direct video.

Unless you mean the 2019 one.

wasnt the one called simbas pride in theatres? i could be mistaken about that

Old Post Nov 15th, 2019 09:50 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by relentless1
wasnt the one called simbas pride in theatres? i could be mistaken about that

According to Google it was direct to video.
I didn’t remember, either!

Old Post Nov 16th, 2019 10:01 AM
YMike322

I didn't really liked Hunger Games movies either!

Old Post Dec 31st, 2019 05:37 PM
YMike322 is currently offline Click here to Send YMike322 a Private Message Find more posts by YMike322 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fleurrose

Originally posted by YMike322
I didn't really liked Hunger Games movies either!

Event me i like the first one but the rest no

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 02:54 PM
Fleurrose is currently offline Click here to Send Fleurrose a Private Message Find more posts by Fleurrose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Bloodrayne.

Transformers.

Revenge of the Living Dead (seriously, one was enough).

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 03:29 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote