KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » George Lucas Feels Betrayed by Disney

George Lucas Feels Betrayed by Disney
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Laugh George Lucas Feels Betrayed by Disney

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 05:55 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Well, yeah. They threw away all of his ideas.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 08:12 AM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

And the majority of fans hated it. Surprise surprise

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 08:48 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

He can cry me a river all the way to the bank. **** him and his 3 billion or whatever the **** he made off the deal.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 09:10 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Remember when JarJar helped Palpatine gain power? Congratulations Lucas, you're the new JarJar.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 09:17 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tzeentch
He can cry me a river all the way to the bank. **** him and his 3 billion or whatever the **** he made off the deal.

4 billion actually.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 11:18 AM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Re: George Lucas Feels Betrayed by Disney

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Link

FELT, not Feels.

Right now he only Feels Joy as hes laughing his ass off.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 11:23 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Poor Georgie. sad

But in all seriousness, I would have rather seen his take on where the series would go. But he shouldn't have sold it to Disney if he wanted it done his way.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 01:53 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

If they took his treatments but Disney hired their own guys to script the dialogue and got JJ directing, then we could have gotten the best of ALL WORLDS.

But in their arrogance they just assumed they can do everything better without George.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 01:55 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ Yeah, that's what I don't get.

If he was going to be all sad that they didn't go with his treatment, then why did he agree to the deal? Why not make a deal that makes them use his treatments?

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 01:58 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Patient_Leech

If he was going to be all sad that they didn't go with his treatment, then why did he agree to the deal? Why not make a deal that makes them use his treatments?

Maybe it's like giving a kid up for adoption. Okay it was your choice to make, but it doesn't mean you can't feel a bit bad if you find out the people who adopted the child raped and murdered it after they adopted it.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 02:22 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Who cares if he felt betrayed. What did he expect when he sold the franchise?

Disney has no reason to use his scripts after they bought the rights. Hate or love this trilogy, Lucas is an idiot to whine about Disney not using his scripts.

I say **** Lucas and his whining.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 02:52 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Patient_Leech

Im guessing they implied to him they would use them, but yeah he made a mistake not putting it in the contract.

A mistake which all the fans are paying for.

Originally posted by SquallX
Who cares if he felt betrayed. What did he expect when he sold the franchise?

Disney has no reason to use his scripts after they bought the rights. Hate or love this trilogy, Lucas is an idiot to whine about Disney not using his scripts.

I say **** Lucas and his whining.

When did Lucas whine?

The only whining I see going on is by Lucasfilm claiming everyone who doesnt like their sequel trilogy are sexist.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Dec 23rd, 2019 at 03:07 PM

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 03:00 PM
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Kathleen Kennedy: "You turned the fanbase against me!"

George: "Your lust for political agenda, and love for modern day feminism have already done that"

Kathleen Kennedy: "Don't lecture me George, I see through the toxicity of the fandom, I do not fear the woke side as you do! I have brought politics, feminism, inclusivity and diversity to my new Star Wars!"

George: "Your new Star Wars?!" Kathleen, Disney is evil!

Kathleen: From my point of view the fans are evil.

George: Then you are lost!

Kathleen Kennedy: Don't make me MeToo you.....

George: Kathleen my allegiance is to the fans, TO CREATIVITY!

Kathleen: If you wont treat me as your queen, then you are my enemy.

George: Only a Wahmen deals in absolute I will do what I must

Kathleen: You can try!

Last edited by Dark-Kenshin on Dec 23rd, 2019 at 05:57 PM

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 05:52 PM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Ha! Thats brilliant!

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 06:32 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Good stuff. thumb up

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 06:48 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Lucas is an alright person, but I don't feel sorry for him at all. He sold his story/property and cashed in.

Honestly, if anything I think he's having the last laugh. People gave him so much shit over ep1-3 and now ep7-9 is making those look better and better.

He should use this hatred to angle a contract where he writes future SW stories for Disney and they hire a director Lucas approves of.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 09:15 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Link

why lol, he took the money and ran.. besides they were under no obligation to use his work

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 09:23 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Robtard

Honestly, if anything I think he's having the last laugh.

Oh definitely.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 09:26 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Oh definitely.

Which makes me smile, cos it's funny when looking back and remember just how much shit he got.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 09:38 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote