KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Fastest character?

Fastest character?
Started by: Mendax

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mendax
Hand of God

Fastest character?

Who is the fastest character in all of cinema- can be from live action or animated movies.

No direct time manipulation obviously. Just looking for raw speed.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2020 01:28 AM
Mendax is currently offline Click here to Send Mendax a Private Message Find more posts by Mendax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Reeves Superman/ Lightspeed Mothra- both able to directly affect time itself on a planetary scale through sheer speed.

CW Flash- well beyond Lightspeed, able to **** off for hours during an explosion

Smallville Superman- not sure what feats he has, but he's really fast

Fox Quicksilver- can **** off during explosions

These are the ones I am aware of. I'm sure there is quite a few others in *all of cinema"

Old Post Mar 27th, 2020 01:37 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Fox Silver Surfer, especially in a vacuum. During the beginning of the 2nd FF movie, he was shown traveling from another galaxy to earth in minutes, IIRC.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2020 02:18 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

CW Flash casually stood next to an exploding nuke for an entire episode.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Mar 27th, 2020 01:37 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Metro Man deserves a mention.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 27th, 2020 04:05 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Metro Man definitely.

Sonic as well after his new movie. Fast enough to launch a planet-wide EMP, his dna adds speed to inanimate objects, and has some cartoony feats, like moving so fast he exists in multiple points at the same time, or running from Green Hills, Montana to the Pacific Ocean and back in like 4 seconds. Rough distance from Montana to the ocean is 3,941 miles, so he ran roughly 8,000 miles in less than 5 seconds. He also moves fast enough to ignore the laws of physics, like when he was running with the turtle and dropped it, he just turned around mid run, got him, and came right back in an instant .

Last edited by KingD19 on Mar 27th, 2020 at 04:30 PM

Old Post Mar 27th, 2020 04:20 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Of the characters mentioned, the list goes like this:

CW Flash and Smallville Superman, Fox Silver Surfer in a vacuum at least

Metro Man and Reeves Superman

Sonic the Hedgehog

Quicksilver

Surfer not in a vacuum

Old Post Mar 27th, 2020 08:58 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Yeah, I actually meant specifically in a vacuum for Surfer, where he is so much faster than the speed of light, it's not even funny. In an atmosphere, I actually think Dr Doom with his powers might have the better flight speed feat, when they pretty much chased halfway across the world from that American military base to Shanghai (I think it was) in like a minute or so towards the end of the film.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2020 07:41 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Man I don’t even remember the FF sequel. sad

On topic:
You can’t sleep on the Road Runner and Speedy Gonzalez...:

(please log in to view the image)

...they have the advantage of always being just as fast as the need to be, in any given situation.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2020 09:14 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Regarding the Surfer, there is also this. But it's a really iffy feat because there might be some timelapse when they cut between the three locations. If taken at face value though, the Surfer traveled around 21,700 km (Suruga Bay to Giza to LA) in about 45 seconds. But yeah, it could be the case that there is missing time in between, so hard to know.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2020 05:34 PM
riv6672

^^^nice!

Old Post Mar 28th, 2020 07:09 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
CW Flash casually stood next to an exploding nuke for an entire episode.

And yet an ordinary human like Captain Cold can get the draw on him. Many of the Flash's enemies bug me like that.

For flying speed - Christopher Reeve in the first Superman and Silver Surfer from FF2 look like two of the fastest, feat wise.

I don't think any live action version of the Flash has faster feats that Quicksilver's from the X-Men films.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Last edited by roughrider on Mar 28th, 2020 at 07:13 PM

Old Post Mar 28th, 2020 07:10 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

The nuke feat he mentioned makes him faster than FOX Quicksilver.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2020 07:16 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by roughrider
And yet an ordinary human like Captain Cold can get the draw on him. Many of the Flash's enemies bug me like that.

For flying speed - Christopher Reeve in the first Superman and Silver Surfer from FF2 look like two of the fastest, feat wise.

I don't think any live action version of the Flash has faster feats that Quicksilver's from the X-Men films.
CW Flash is so much faster than Quicksilver that Quicksilver would look like he's standing still by comparison. Flash is literally over three million times faster.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2020 07:32 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by KingD19
The nuke feat he mentioned makes him faster than FOX Quicksilver.

Originally posted by NemeBro
CW Flash is so much faster than Quicksilver that Quicksilver would look like he's standing still by comparison. Flash is literally over three million times faster.

Yeah, his feats aren’t presented in a big budget eye catching movie manner, but they’re there, and put him on top.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2020 08:21 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Smallville Clark had a big speed advantage on CW Flash...until the nuke feat. Then it flipped.

Of course you do have Smallville Flash, who casually outran Clark while just jogging backwards.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2020 09:30 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

My picks are Flash and Metro Man.

I've never seen a single episode of Smallville.

Hammy the squirrel from Over the Hedge is FTL, too, when he chugged an energy drink.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Mar 29th, 2020 01:15 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Metro man had a whole mid life crisis in a split second

Old Post Mar 29th, 2020 01:30 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

And it took a beam of light hours to move a very small distance.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2020 01:39 AM
riv6672

Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Metro man had a whole mid life crisis in a split second

That’s usually how long it takes, trust me. What the f**k?

Old Post Mar 29th, 2020 01:52 AM