KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Old Guard on Netflix 7/10

The Old Guard on Netflix 7/10
Started by: Old Man Whirly!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Old Guard on Netflix 7/10

worth a look

Old Post Jul 14th, 2020 09:09 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i watched it.. felt it coulda been better..

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 14th, 2020 10:25 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chint

I can say that it was not bad.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 06:48 AM
Chint is currently offline Click here to Send Chint a Private Message Find more posts by Chint Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

First part of the movie was ok second part was boring and lame...could have been much better...

Bankai.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2020 12:16 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Whirly makes these threads every time he watches a new show. Wtf

Old Post Jul 19th, 2020 03:59 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Watched it. Even my wife who was a big fan of Theron didn’t like it. Was pretty boring in the 2nd half. And we both felt like it had too much lazy writing. Not the worst written immortals I’ve ever seen, but still pretty bad. Highlander 2 level silly while having zero of the campiness. Perhaps it was one of the movies where you had to switch off your brain to watch but it took itself too seriously for us to do even that.

It wasn’t bad-bad though. Some good moments. Fight scenes were well done and pretty entertaining at most times (tho to be honest, I can’t remember most of the movie so I could have missed a few bad action scenes if there were any, but I can’t remember any bad ones).

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: “Surprise” at the ending was predictable and also a bit pointless.

Still... if you’re bored and need something to fill your evening with the wifey, worth a watch (maybe?). Just lower your expectation (a lot) and switch off the think-y part of your brain.

6/10.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2020 06:09 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dumb movie dumb thread

Old Post Jul 19th, 2020 06:47 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote