KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City

Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City
Started by: Ridley_Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Resident Evil (reboot)

We knew said film reboot was coming for awhile, but now finally got more details on it, it seems. Not too surprising after the recent RE adaptation news on Netflix's end, but still.

https://deadline.com/2020/10/reside...ory-1234591729/

Decent looking cast imo on first impression, but however this turns out, I expect to at least be better than any of the Paul and Milla films; low bar, I know, but their focus will be butchering Monster Hunter now, while RE gets something more promising on the live action front, finally.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2020 09:41 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

will prolly see but hopefully lots of violence

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 7th, 2020 12:55 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Wonder how much they'll change. I get that the director said in that article that he wants to go back to the original first two games and re-create the terrifying visceral experience that he had from them

but they say that for most of the game to movie adaptations.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2020 01:04 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I’ll miss Milla Jovovich.

I do like Robbie Amell, Neal McDonough and Hannah John-Kamen though. Speaking of Hannah John-Kamen, that is not a very flattering pic they used in the article. Yikes!

Old Post Oct 7th, 2020 08:40 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I'm guessing Neal McDonough will play Wesker, unless they're just trolling us, I'd respect that TBH.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Oct 7th, 2020 12:38 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RONAKVALIA

I was thinking in the game of this game because this game has always been a legend read more- https://www.viralchors.com/2020/10/...pankaj.html?m=1

Old Post Oct 7th, 2020 04:04 PM
RONAKVALIA is currently offline Click here to Send RONAKVALIA a Private Message Find more posts by RONAKVALIA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by samhain
I'm guessing Neal McDonough will play Wesker, unless they're just trolling us, I'd respect that TBH.

He is playing William Birkin apparently, which is a good fit imo.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2020 05:47 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

lol Leon.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 7th, 2020 05:52 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yeah....i don't see that actor as Leon.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2020 12:15 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

TBH I think he can do fine as (an obviously race swapped) Leon. He's got the younger, boy band look going. As long as his acting chops are great, he can pull off idealistic/dorky RE2 Leon no problem. IDK though since I've never seen him in anything.

(please log in to view the image)

Same applies to Jill, though she's got Jill's piercing eyes going for her. Chris and Claire look fantastic. Neal McDonough is a good actor, and TBH he'll spend most of the time covered in CGI as G-birkin anyways.

I'm more worried about Tom Hopper as Wesker than anything. The only thing he has in common with the character is ethnicity. In everything I've ever seen him in (which is a lot), I've never seen him pull of anything close to the suave, calculating character Wesker is. IDK if I could take him seriously as the main villain of the series, and I don't think he has the range to pull it off.

Also, they better not leave out Rebecca.

PWNT

Old Post Oct 8th, 2020 03:55 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think the last resident evil movie i saw was apocalypse

Old Post Oct 8th, 2020 06:54 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Arachnid1
TBH I think he can do fine as (an obviously race swapped) Leon. He's got the younger, boy band look going. As long as his acting chops are great, he can pull off idealistic/dorky RE2 Leon no problem. IDK though since I've never seen him in anything.

(please log in to view the image)

Same applies to Jill, though she's got Jill's piercing eyes going for her. Chris and Claire look fantastic. Neal McDonough is a good actor, and TBH he'll spend most of the time covered in CGI as G-birkin anyways.

I'm more worried about Tom Hopper as Wesker than anything. The only thing he has in common with the character is ethnicity. In everything I've ever seen him in (which is a lot), I've never seen him pull of anything close to the suave, calculating character Wesker is. IDK if I could take him seriously as the main villain of the series, and I don't think he has the range to pull it off.

Also, they better not leave out Rebecca.

you ever watch the show victorious, he was in that

Old Post Oct 8th, 2020 07:42 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Another Hollywood race swapping to appealed to minorities. laughing

This is so damn sad.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2020 08:37 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by SquallX

This is so damn sad.

And yet your the one that loses their shit over too.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2020 05:57 AM
SquallX

Originally posted by Kazenji
And yet your the one that loses their shit over too.

Still fails to see my point I see.

I say the next Black Panther needs to be white, Hispanics, Jewish, Middle Eastern, or Asians.

While we’re at it, let’s make sure he’s a spectrum.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2020 07:46 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^why’s it gotta be a HE?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2020 08:36 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by riv6672
^^^why’s it gotta be a HE?

That is true, let’s it make Panther an IT.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2020 02:56 PM
riv6672

There you go.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2020 05:34 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

That is true, let’s it make Panther an IT.

yea so you'll lose your shit and flood your panties with runny dark brown matter hahahahaha

Old Post Oct 9th, 2020 07:25 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is so damn sad.

The movie is racist unless it has an african american albino zombie.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2020 09:25 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote