KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Astro Boy (2009 film)

Astro Boy (2009 film)
Started by: robotflug

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

Astro Boy (2009 film)

Does anyone remember this generic and cliched as hell american CGI movie of Astro Boy. No wonder it was such a box office bomb, the company Imagi shut down back in 2010, and Astro Boy became the last movie produced by that studio. So funny how this movie was forgotten after it was released.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2021 12:01 AM
robotflug is currently offline Click here to Send robotflug a Private Message Find more posts by robotflug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Did you necro a 12 year old movie just to trash it?

Also, Imagi animated the movie wonderfully. It was the plot and acting that made the movie bad, also it was the fact that they made an Astro Boy movie, which was nowhere near as popular in America as it was in Japan. There was even a remake and a video game that weren't well received.

Last edited by KingD19 on Feb 5th, 2021 at 12:21 AM

Old Post Feb 5th, 2021 12:17 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I thought it was a decent kid's film.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 5th, 2021 06:27 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
Did you necro a 12 year old movie just to trash it?

laughing out loud

I haven't seen it, but if I remember correctly wasn't Nicolas Cage a voice for it?

That alone makes it awesome. thumb up

Old Post Feb 6th, 2021 01:34 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

never watched

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 6th, 2021 03:27 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

I liked it. embarrasment

Old Post Feb 6th, 2021 08:05 AM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Robtard
I thought it was a decent kid's film.

^^^yeah, it was fine for what it was.
The animation was solid, too.

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
laughing out loud

I haven't seen it, but if I remember correctly wasn't Nicolas Cage a voice for it?

That alone makes it awesome. thumb up

^^^he was one of the main characters, Dr. Tenma.
Google also credits Charlize Theron, Nathan Lane, Eugene Levy, Sam L. Jackson, Alan Tudyk, Kristen Bell, David Alan Grier, Bill Nighy, Ryan Styles...lots of ppl I recognize actually.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2021 09:59 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ That's a great cast! There's no way this movie can suck as bad as the OP says. laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 6th, 2021 06:52 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^ That's a great cast! There's no way this movie can suck as bad as the OP says. laughing out loud

Yeah I remember it not being awful or anything.
It wasn’t so great I wanted to watch it multiple times, but not so bad as to stick in my memory as such.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2021 09:40 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

It wasnt super awful. My personal gripe with it was that Dr. Tenma(Cage) treated Astro Boy like shit because he wasn't his dead son. And I was like, "BUT YOU CREATED HIM AS A REPLACEMENT BECAUSE YOU COULDNT COPE!!!" How do you go out of your way to spend millions of dollars to create an exact replica of your kid but as a super robot, then get mad at him for existing?

Old Post Feb 9th, 2021 02:36 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by KingD19
How do you go out of your way to spend millions of dollars to create an exact replica of your kid but as a super robot, then get mad at him for existing?

In the words of the Immortal Bard...

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 9th, 2021 02:47 PM
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

The big flaws with this Astro Boy movie is its just another generic and cliched CGI comedy movie thats just as annoying as Bee Movie, Shark Tale, Flushed Away and Happily N'Ever After. It ends on a very cliched sequel bait ending, Originally, a sequel to the movie was planned, but it was scrapped after Imagi Studios was shut down.

Astro Boy bombed at the box office so bad it deserved to be swept it under the rug.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2021 11:43 PM
robotflug is currently offline Click here to Send robotflug a Private Message Find more posts by robotflug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Bee Movie was decent. Some good sight gags and puns.

Flushed Away was funny.

And both were better than the fagazy Cars franchise that I blame for delaying The Incredibles sequel for well over a decade.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2021 12:06 AM