KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Guest 2

The Guest 2
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

The Guest 2

"I can give you a very concrete answer to that question, which is, we are doing something related to The Guest," Barrett confirmed with ComicBook.com. "And it is concretely happening, but it is not a feature film or a comic book, because I think that's what people would expect us to do. And I think that's the thing that no one actually wants us to do, because I think if we actually made a feature film version of The Guest 2, or realistically, the graphic novel version would just be a cheaper version of trying to achieve kind of the same thing narratively. I think that could only disappoint people at this juncture, because people have to remember that the same weird, quasi-original artistic sensibility that caused me to write The Guest in the first place would continue to guide me with a Guest sequel."

He continued, "So I would likely do something perverse, and just have Dan's character be the successful owner of a local hardware store and the entire story is just about him dealing with a difficult supplier, but in a totally legal and healthy way, because he's totally grown as a person. And so, in a sense, I think Seance was trying to be the slightly more optimistic version of the same narrative that You're Next and The Guest somewhat explored with their characters. So, we're never going to do just like, The Guest 2. Because I just don't think... The Guest was just never meant to have a sequel like that. However, at this point, enough people have asked us about it, that of course, inevitably Adam and I have had enough conversations about what we would hypothetically do, that we've now developed a bunch of ideas that we've become very attached to, because we think they're actually good."

Links:
https://comicbook.com/horror/news/t...s-adam-wingard/
https://movieweb.com/the-guest-2-movie-is-happening/
https://www.darkhorizons.com/the-gu...hat-you-expect/

I have no idea what the **** they're talking about but a sequel is in the works so cool I guess.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post May 22nd, 2021 01:57 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

I can get on board with a sequel. The first one is a movie I went in with zero expectations and loved how it segwayed from a standard thriller into some mad 80s pastiche

Old Post May 22nd, 2021 06:07 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I hope the plot is that he becomes a house guest again.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 9th, 2021 07:19 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
No, he's supposed to be a good guy and the sequel is going to be "completely different" then the original.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2021 08:12 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Dunno then, man. Him being a psychopathic dick in the first film is what made it good. You weren't expecting that.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 9th, 2021 09:15 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

laughing out loud True
Dunno then, man. Him being a psychopathic dick in the first film is what made it good. You weren't expecting that.
thumb up Also true!

Old Post Jun 9th, 2021 09:20 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I loved the first film

Him being the “good guy” in the sequel seems like a bad idea

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jun 9th, 2021 09:21 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

who is in this

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 10th, 2021 12:07 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I'm basing that completely off what was said here:

"just have Dan's character be the successful owner of a local hardware store and the entire story is just about him dealing with a difficult supplier, but in a totally legal and healthy way, because he's totally grown as a person."

Old Post Jun 11th, 2021 04:09 AM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
who is in this
Dan Stevens: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Stevens

Old Post Jun 11th, 2021 04:10 AM
Psychotron

Re: The Guest 2

The Guest was one of my favorite movies in recent years, so I'm looking forward to that.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2021 12:40 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote