KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Tomorrow War

The Tomorrow War
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The Tomorrow War

Looks like a perfectly serviceable action movie:

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 26th, 2021 05:08 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

The concept is pretty cool. We don't have enough soldiers in the future so we conscript them from the past. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that and it's pretty cool.

Old Post May 26th, 2021 05:11 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Decent concept, though not fully original and that's fine as few things are. Pratt's a decent actor and Yvonne Strahovski is decent and also lovely to look at. J. K. Simmons is great in most things.

Looking forward to this.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on May 26th, 2021 at 05:20 PM

Old Post May 26th, 2021 05:15 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
The concept is pretty cool. We don't have enough soldiers in the future so we conscript them from the past. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that and it's pretty cool.
Looks good, for some reason expected the Nike logo early on.

Old Post May 26th, 2021 05:18 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Millennium (1989) has a somewhat similar concept in that the future ***spoilers ahead*** pollution became so bad people lost the ability to reproduce, so they travel back in time and kidnap/rescue people that were set to die in plane crashes and take them to the future to repopulate the Earth.

Old Post May 26th, 2021 05:19 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Was it a good movie? Never heard of it and it might be worth a watch.

Old Post May 26th, 2021 05:26 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Was it a good movie? Never heard of it and it might be worth a watch.

It's more of a drama than a scifi, despite the obvious scifi setting. But it's decent. Really slow to build though. It's been 20+ years since I watched it, no idea if it holds up.

Old Post May 26th, 2021 06:17 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

The Tomorrow Flop

Old Post May 26th, 2021 06:36 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Originally posted by Robtard
It's more of a drama than a scifi, despite the obvious scifi setting. But it's decent. Really slow to build though. It's been 20+ years since I watched it, no idea if it holds up.

I like movies that are cool/interesting. Don't need to be action heavy. I'll see if I can find it.

Old Post May 26th, 2021 07:27 PM
KingD19

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
The Tomorrow Flop

I think you've hated or shit talked every tv show or film that's come out in the past few years. We get it, you don't like anything and nothing can ever reach the jaden_2.0 seal of approval.

You should go make a masterpiece and prove all these directors, writers, and producers wrong.

Old Post May 26th, 2021 07:31 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

I think you've hated or shit talked every tv show or film that's come out in the past few years. We get it, you don't like anything and nothing can ever reach the jaden_2.0 seal of approval.

You should go make a masterpiece and prove all these directors, writers, and producers wrong.

1. No I haven't. In fact my post before the one that upset you was me saying how good a film was.

Let's run through some examples of film trailers people on here reacted positively towards compared to me saying they'd be shit

Wonder Woman 84
Mortal Kombat
John Carter
Mortal Engines
Xmen Dark Phoenix
Army of the Dead
IT part 2
Alien Covenant
The Hobbit

How did they turn out in the end?

It works the other too.
Films people said were going to be terrible and I said looked good
Thor Ragnarok
Joker
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri
Mad Max Fury Road
The Accountant
Sicario

Trailers I've said will end up being great movies

Dune
The Batman

Trailers I've said will end up garbage
Morbius
Eternals

For the sake of balance and impartiality towards my own brilliance and genius I should say that, against popular belief, I thought the Harley Quinn trailer looked good.
I also thought Those Who Wish Me Dead would be great and it wasn't
I thought Ghost in the Shell looked good...it wasn't
Triple 9
The Great Wall

This works the way too. Films I said didn't look great
Logan

See. Even people are f**king brilliant as me can admit when I'm wrong.

👍

Old Post May 26th, 2021 09:20 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Looper had elements of this plot and was very good.

Old Post May 26th, 2021 09:26 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

John Carter wasn't terrible, imo. Nothing special, but good enough for a sequel to see if they could improve. Far worse films than it had sequels.

Old Post May 26th, 2021 09:31 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Oh. And TV shows I said looked and were great (or at least were great at some point)
The Witcher
The Mandalorian
Chernobyl
The Boys
Gangs of London
Raised by Wolves
Westworld
Dark
What We Do in the Shadows
Into the Badlands
Warrior
True Detective
Mayans MC
Vinyl

Old Post May 26th, 2021 09:31 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

John Carter wasn't terrible, imo. Nothing special, but good enough for a sequel to see if they could improve. Far worse films than it had sequels.
I loved the on Earth mythology of John Carter more than the scenes on Mars. I read the books as a teen, characters like Adam Strange would never of existed without Carter. It's the Dune effect, we'd seen all the films influenced by their stories so they just didn't amaze audiences as much.
Oh. And TV shows I said looked and were great (or at least were great at some point)
The Witcher
The Mandalorian
Chernobyl
The Boys
Gangs of London
Raised by Wolves
Westworld
Dark
What We Do in the Shadows
Into the Badlands
Warrior
True Detective
Mayans MC
Vinyl
best show on TV right now was a recomendation from Rob, Mosquito Coast. Second best is Mare of East Towm. I strongly recommend both Jayden.

Old Post May 26th, 2021 09:41 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
I loved the on Earth mythology of John Carter more than the scenes on Mars. I read the books as a teen, characters like Adam Strange would never of existed without Carter. It's the Dune effect, we'd seen all the films influenced by their stories so they just didn't amaze audiences as much.

"we'd seen all the films influenced by their stories so they just didn't amaze audiences as much". Accurate

Also this:

(please log in to view the image)

MmmmmMmmmmm... MMMMmmmmmmmmm... mmMMMMMmmm

Last edited by Robtard on May 26th, 2021 at 09:46 PM

Old Post May 26th, 2021 09:43 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

"we'd seen all the films influenced by their stories so they just didn't amaze audiences as much". Accurate

Also this:

(please log in to view the image)

MmmmmMmmmmm... MMMMmmmmmmmmm... mmMMMMMmmm
The Red Princess, delicious.

Old Post May 26th, 2021 09:48 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

I like Mare of Easttown cast so will probably give it a go once I have a bit more free time.

My brother also recommended Snowfall

I have ZeroZeroZero recorded and still waiting to be watched

Gave up on Better Call Saul because it just wasn't going anywhere.

Old Post May 26th, 2021 09:48 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like Mare of Easttown cast so will probably give it a go once I have a bit more free time.

My brother also recommended Snowfall

I have ZeroZeroZero recorded and still waiting to be watched

Gave up on Better Call Saul because it just wasn't going anywhere.
I gave up on better cal Saul for the same reason. Will watch those two, haven't heard of them. As you say your recommendations are usually spot on, tbh, Rob's too.

Old Post May 26th, 2021 09:50 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Mare of Easttown is solid. First ep was slow to build though.

Better Call Saul isn't Breaking Bad and that's not really an insult considering BB is one of the greatest shows ever, but it's still solid television, imo, even if it crawls to get anywhere at times.

Old Post May 26th, 2021 09:50 PM