KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Prisoners of Ghostland (2021) Nic Cage

Prisoners of Ghostland (2021) Nic Cage
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Prisoners of Ghostland (2021) Nic Cage

It might be utter crap, but it looks like it'll at least be entertaining, for some of it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt637269..._=nm_flmg_act_8

Old Post Aug 19th, 2021 07:43 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Looks like another Cage turd, but I'll watch it for free at home, have a thing for Nic Cage films.

Though Pig (2021) was actually an okay film, even good in some parts.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 19th, 2021 09:06 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

I guess I liked a couple scenes in Pig, but overall I found it kind of boring.

I may have just had the wrong expectations.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2021 09:24 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

More Nic batshittery. He is the king of batshittery.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2021 10:12 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Re: Prisoners of Ghostland (2021) Nic Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
It might be utter crap, but it looks like it'll at least be entertaining, for some of it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt637269..._=nm_flmg_act_8

Whaaaaat in the ****?!? eek! laughing

Old Post Aug 20th, 2021 11:18 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
More Nic batshittery. He is the king of batshittery.

Hey, don't disrespect The Cage. He was actually pretty subdued in Pig. He can deliver good performances.

I actually didn't even watch this whole trailer. I stopped probably halfway or so through, because I decided I wanted to see it. I do that a lot for movies. So many movies these days leave nothing to the imagination. They show as much as they possibly can to get your butt in the seat.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2021 01:36 AM
riv6672

Nic Cage needs to go the Stallone route and revisit some of his earlier roles.

What are Stanley Goodspeed, Cameron Poe, “Memphis" Raines, and Milton up to? Enquiring minds want to know!

Old Post Aug 21st, 2021 01:58 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

I'm planning on watching this for the next movie night with some friends.

Has anyone seen it yet?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2021 03:05 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

gonna pass unless there is some good nude scenes

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 20th, 2021 03:55 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hitigthety
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
gonna pass unless there is some good nude scenes

Old Post Sep 20th, 2021 04:46 AM
Hitigthety is currently offline Click here to Send Hitigthety a Private Message Find more posts by Hitigthety Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Hey, don't disrespect The Cage. He was actually pretty subdued in Pig. He can deliver good performances.

I actually didn't even watch this whole trailer. I stopped probably halfway or so through, because I decided I wanted to see it. I do that a lot for movies. So many movies these days leave nothing to the imagination. They show as much as they possibly can to get your butt in the seat.

He was also good in Mandy, too. His Gonzo movies are great (Mandy and The Colors of Space). I heard this was just OK though.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2021 06:12 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

I liked Mandy a lot, though I felt the story needed another shift of some sort for the third act, but the stylish and trippy direction/editing made it mesmerizing.

Color Out of Space was intriguing, but ultimately something about it didn't seem too great. It wasn't as memorable or something, because I don't remember, heh.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2021 02:04 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Turned this off after 10mins, just hot garbage

Old Post Sep 21st, 2021 08:26 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sirarwin
Restricted

Account Restricted

After coming from Pig, Colour Out of Space and Mandy I must say, Cage really seems to have found his second wind.

SHAREit MX Player

Last edited by sirarwin on Sep 26th, 2021 at 12:21 PM

Old Post Sep 26th, 2021 12:06 PM
sirarwin is currently offline Click here to Send sirarwin a Private Message Find more posts by sirarwin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

I saw the clips and was like wtf, there's to many of these movies out there already. It's the same old story but they just added a few twists. Not going to bother.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2021 07:35 PM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Re: Prisoners of Ghostland (2021) Nic Cage

It might be utter crap...

And it is.

Rob, I hate to admit it, but you were right to turn it off after 10 min and not waste your time. BUT you do get to see Nic Cage deliver a somewhat amusing speech, attempt the hardest acting scene of his career, and [SPOILER - highlight to read]: get a testicle blown off laughing out loud

3/10 from me.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2021 03:12 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Re: Prisoners of Ghostland (2021) Nic Cage

And it is.

Rob, I hate to admit it, but you were right to turn it off after 10 min and not waste your time. BUT you do get to see Nic Cage deliver a somewhat amusing speech, attempt the hardest acting scene of his career, and [SPOILER - highlight to read]: get a testicle blown off laughing out loud

3/10 from me.

laughing out loud

Might have to go look for that scene

Old Post Oct 4th, 2021 04:35 PM
Walt Longmire
Restricted

Account Restricted

bought this on prime for 12 bucks, def a weird film, its bad, really bad but id watch it again for facepalm laughs

Old Post Oct 9th, 2021 12:23 PM
Walt Longmire is currently offline Click here to Send Walt Longmire a Private Message Find more posts by Walt Longmire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Is Nic Cage just making shit-sandwiches now?

I mean, Mandy was good and I guess I'll give him Pig (although I consider it debatable), but other than that is there anything recent that's worth bothering with?

Serious question.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2021 01:26 AM