KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Oppenheimer

Oppenheimer
Started by: jaden_2.0

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jaden_2.0
Awful

Oppenheimer

May as well get the thread started for Christopher Nolan's next movie.

A biopic based on J Robert Oppenheimer and The Manhattan Project

So far Cillian Murphy will play Oppenheimer and will also star Emily Blunt

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt15398776/?ref_=m_nmfmd_dr_1

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2021 07:12 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

gonna see

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2021 11:35 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Old Post Jul 28th, 2022 03:03 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Sounds dope; will watch.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 28th, 2022 03:39 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Some cast he's put together too. Besides the aforementioned there's also Kenneth Brannagh, Gary Oldman, Robert Downey Jr, Rami Malek, Matt Damon, Dane Dehann, Casey Affleck, Matthew Modine, Florence Pugh and Josh Hartnett

Old Post Jul 28th, 2022 04:53 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

That's a tremendous cast, Oldman's my favorite actor, while Downey Jr, Malek, and Damon almost always deliver solid performances.

Even the lower tier isn't bad, though Dane Dehann doesn't come to mind.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2022 05:00 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
That's a tremendous cast, Oldman's my favorite actor, while Downey Jr, Malek, and Damon almost always deliver solid performances.

Even the lower tier isn't bad, though Dane Dehann doesn't come to mind.

Dehann was excellent in Chronicle and A Cure for Wellness. He's had a few other decent roles and some utter howlers as well tbf. Like Valerian And The City Of A Thousand Planets.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2022 05:11 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Ah, that guy. Yeah, he can do a solid role.

This is now my mist looked forward film.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2022 05:19 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I've been extremely meh on most of Nolan's recent work.

I'll check out a trailer, but I'm not expecting my panties to get wet for this like every seems to for Nolan.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2022 05:20 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I've been extremely meh on most of Nolan's recent work.

I'll check out a trailer, but I'm not expecting my panties to get wet for this like every seems to for Nolan.

I loved Dunkirk, but Tenet was a mixed bag for me. Enjoyed lots of it, but never want to watch it again.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2022 05:23 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

I was the opposite. Dunkirk, while the cinematography was top tier, the stupid chronology and mostly poor casting choices and weird pacing didn't really do it for me. I've watched Tenet 3 times now and almost fully understand all the time changes. Only the scene in the turnstile room with the reversible conversation still makes me scratch my head. The last half hour is phenomenal though when it all comes together on the boat and at the ruins of the closed city.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2022 07:34 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I've though of watching Tenet again to see what I missed and to get it to gel better as a whole, just can't bring myself to do it.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2022 08:31 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I was never even a big fan of Inception, so don't get me started...

I will say I do at least respect Nolan for his conceptual approach to his films.

I just haven't found them particularly enjoyable.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2022 08:44 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

It will at least be quotable. If nothing else Oppenheimer was verbose as ****.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2022 09:27 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

I should note that I am massively retarded because I just realised that John David Washington from Tenet is Denzel Washington's son. 😄😄

Old Post Jul 28th, 2022 09:29 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
I should note that I am massively retarded because I just realised that John David Washington from Tenet is Denzel Washington's son. 😄😄

I didn't know that until right now, it just means we're both not racist who assume all Black guys named "Washington" are related.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2022 09:31 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

It's also the reason he should be the recast of Black Panther because it'd give a literal meaning to Chadwick Boseman's speech

Old Post Jul 28th, 2022 09:55 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Very good

Old Post Jul 28th, 2022 10:12 PM
riv6672

Originally posted by Robtard
Sounds dope; will watch.

^^^Sounds right. thumb up

Old Post Jul 29th, 2022 05:05 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaden_3.0

Old Post Dec 19th, 2022 02:44 AM
Jaden_3.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Jaden_3.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Jaden_3.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote