KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Top Gun: Maverick

Top Gun: Maverick
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

Thought there was a thread, couldn't find though.

Checking this out tomorrow and I fully expect it to be even cheesier than the first film with the expected plot of Goose's son hating Maverick and then he has an epiphany and Maverick becomes like a father figure and I just don't care.

After more than thirty years of service as one of the Navy's top aviators, Pete Mitchell is where he belongs, pushing the envelope as a courageous test pilot and dodging the advancement in rank that would ground him. -snip

60yo fighter pilots, f**k ya.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 19th, 2022 09:52 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Will be closeted as ****. Funny stuff coming.

Old Post May 19th, 2022 10:04 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

TBF, it's been far too long since we've had a overly aggressive closeted gay-men fighter pilot film.

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Robtard on May 19th, 2022 at 10:12 PM

Old Post May 19th, 2022 10:08 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Seriously, how long has it been since a North American fighter pilot experienced real combat against another enemy pilot? What war would it have happened in? Seems like all the U.S. air force is bomb civilian targets and fly away, just like every other air force in the world.

When Tony Scott was still alive and looking to make a sequel to this, he was looking at drone pilots because they really do the work now. What if they had followed that angle.

I will be extremely curious how this gets responded to, since it seemed no one was asking for it.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 19th, 2022 10:12 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I'd guess 1990-1991 against Iraq.

Old Post May 19th, 2022 10:18 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
TBF, it's been far too long since we've had a overly aggressive closeted gay-men fighter pilot film.

Agreed! TOP notch! I mean GUN.
Originally posted by roughrider
Seriously, how long has it been since a North American fighter pilot experienced real combat against another enemy pilot? What war would it have happened in? Seems like all the U.S. air force is bomb civilian targets and fly away, just like every other air force in the world.

When Tony Scott was still alive and looking to make a sequel to this, he was looking at drone pilots because they really do the work now. What if they had followed that angle.

I will be extremely curious how this gets responded to, since it seemed no one was asking for it.
loads of people 45-65 will love it, the kids will wonder wtf they just watched.

Old Post May 19th, 2022 10:18 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Confession: I’m 42 and I’ve never seen the original.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post May 19th, 2022 10:55 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Gaaaaaawwwwdddd yes….

Old Post May 19th, 2022 11:02 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by Impediment
Confession: I’m 42 and I’ve never seen the original.

I'm not quite as old as that, but I've never seen it either.

Don't really give a mouse shit about it.

Old Post May 19th, 2022 11:33 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I'm not quite as old as that, but I've never seen it either.

Don't really give a mouse shit about it.

^^^I've seen every Tom Cruise movie at least 12 times.

Except Lions for Lambs.
My eyes started bleeding. Bleeding.

Old Post May 20th, 2022 12:10 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

im certainly thinking of seeing this but it'll be the second week

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 20th, 2022 03:22 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I just can't think of the first movie without thinking of Quentin Tarantino's hilarious deconstructionist rant about it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdqmDjdqhZP/

Old Post May 20th, 2022 01:22 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Gonna have to rewatch the original film in preparation, preferably with the girlfriend out of the house. It's going to be embarrassing cleaning up the couch afterwards anyways.

Old Post May 20th, 2022 03:04 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by roughrider
I just can't think of the first movie without thinking of Quentin Tarantino's hilarious deconstructionist rant about it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdqmDjdqhZP/

Link doesn't work for me, but it's from Sleep with Me (1994) and it's funny.

Old Post May 20th, 2022 05:49 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Gonna have to rewatch the original film in preparation, preferably with the girlfriend out of the house. It's going to be embarrassing cleaning up the couch afterwards anyways.

laughing

Old Post May 20th, 2022 05:49 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Been seeing that this sequel has been getting good early reviews

as for the first movie, I too have never seen it.

Old Post May 21st, 2022 03:51 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Kazenji
Been seeing that this sequel has been getting good early reviews

Maybe making it without Jerry Bruckheimer and Tony Scott means it will be less cliched and deeper.

Old Post May 21st, 2022 04:05 AM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Movie of the year. Tremendous stuff. Exactly the right amount of nostalgia and cheese. Great new characters, great chemistry. Proper shameless, feel-good ending. 10/10. Loved it.

Old Post May 25th, 2022 10:13 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Why in the f**k do I have to wait another 3 days while the Scots get it today. This is America!

Old Post May 25th, 2022 10:26 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Because this is God's country.

Old Post May 25th, 2022 10:28 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote