KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Elvis (2022)

Elvis (2022)
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

Elvis (2022)

Elvis (2022)

Releases June 24, 2022

Explores the life and music of Elvis Presley (Butler), seen through the prism of his complicated relationship with his enigmatic manager, Colonel Tom Parker (Hanks). The story delves into the complex dynamic between Presley and Parker spanning over 20 years, from Presley’s rise to fame to his unprecedented stardom, against the backdrop of the evolving cultural landscape and loss of innocence in America. Central to that journey is one of the most significant and influential people in Elvis’s life, Priscilla Presley (Olivia DeJonge).

Director: Baz Luhrmann

Writers: Baz Luhrmann(screenplay by), Sam Bromell(screenplay by), Craig Pearce(screenplay by)

Starring: Tom Hanks, Austin Butler, Olivia DeJonge, Dacre Montgomery, David Wenham, Luke Bracey, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Richard Roxburgh and more

Looking forward to this.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2022 05:54 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Looking forward to this.

^^^Same.

It’d be great if Austin Parker told Tom Hanks he learned his signature wiggle from a kid named Forrest Gump when he was passing through Alabama and rented a room from the kid’s mom for a spell.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2022 06:23 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Looks great, I'm a big elvis fan.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2022 06:26 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Looks shite

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2022 07:09 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

^First he hate the king of the jungle, now it's the king of rock and roll. smh

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2022 07:38 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know, Elvis was an hilarious ****, his bad Karate, CIA fantasy, fried peanut butter, banana and bacon butties etc. But, some of his songs are ****ing magical as is his delivery.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2022 08:03 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Aye, I still listen to Elvis from time to time. Supposedly this was one of his favorite sandwiches:

Fool's Gold Loaf
  • 1 loaf Italian bread (must be white!)
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 lb lean bacon, cooked
  • 1 (10 ounce) jar smooth peanut butter
  • 1 (10 ounce) jar grape jelly

That's a diarrhea induced heart attack waiting to happen

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2022 08:32 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I've always loved Elvis's music

Something I definitely might see

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2022 08:58 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Its the platinum jubilee this weekend. Wall to wall sycophantic crap about the royals. We don't do royalty in Scotland unless you're a rangers fan.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2022 09:14 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

As an outsider, I find the whole royal fanboy/girl thing just weird. To me, they're just a bunch of spoiled entitled assclowns. Even Harry who seems like the least douche-y of the lot is still a douche. Bunch of douches.

ps I called you out in the Ted Lasso thread smile

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2022 09:18 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Aye, I still listen to Elvis from time to time. Supposedly this was one of his favorite sandwiches:

Fool's Gold Loaf
  • 1 loaf Italian bread (must be white!)
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 lb lean bacon, cooked
  • 1 (10 ounce) jar smooth peanut butter
  • 1 (10 ounce) jar grape jelly

That's a diarrhea induced heart attack waiting to happen
what do you do when you are thick as shit and have everything a man could want... that sandwich and outcome + plus a ton of prescription meds and coke to help you on your way.
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I've always loved Elvis's music

Something I definitely might see
thumb up
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Its the platinum jubilee this weekend. Wall to wall sycophantic crap about the royals. We don't do royalty in Scotland unless you're a rangers fan.
I'd like to do royalty, violently and with Surts baseball bat. Truly offensive in the modern world.
As an outsider, I find the whole royal fanboy/girl thing just weird. To me, they're just a bunch of spoiled entitled assclowns. Even Harry who seems like the least douche-y of the lot is still a douche. Bunch of douches.

ps I called you out in the Ted Lasso thread smile
thumb up set up the guillotines. Even distant relations like Cameron and Boris need a good head chopping as public spectacle. What? Shocked our political class is related to our highest level of aristocracy? Don't be, that Europe'selite and America's too. Boris the Turk cracks me up!

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2022 09:56 PM
riv6672

^^^I was actually thinking that when I read the post. laughing

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2022 10:10 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
what do you do when you are thick as shit and have everything a man could want... that sandwich and outcome + plus a ton of prescription meds and coke to help you on your way. thumb up

I'd like to do royalty, violently and with Surts baseball bat. Truly offensive in the modern world.

thumb up set up the guillotines. Even distant relations like Cameron and Boris need a good head chopping as public spectacle. What? Shocked our political class is related to our highest level of aristocracy? Don't be, that Europe'selite and America's too. Boris the Turk cracks me up!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2022 10:12 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)
laughing out loud What's that from?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2022 10:34 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Inglourious Basterds (2009)

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2022 10:51 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

****, of course it is. I've seen that film twice. Early onset dementia is kicking in so much lately.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2022 10:54 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Not an Elvis fan, but may still be interested in this for Tom Hanks and the cultural impact.

Also apparently he's going to be Feyd Rautha.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2022 02:54 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Not an Elvis fan, but may still be interested in this for Tom Hanks and the cultural impact.

Also apparently he's going to be Feyd Rautha.

No idea how well this guy acts, but physically he's fits Feyd pretty well and he's only a few years older than Timothée Chalame.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2022 04:10 PM
riv6672

^^^Love that movie. The first half anyway.
Once they picked up the spy plot line I was meh. The very end was good though, w. Hans Landa getting his comeuppance.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2022 04:34 PM
Impediment
Endless

The most overrated singer in history who also had sleepovers with underage teen girls.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 4th, 2022 12:09 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote