KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Shazam: Fury of the Gods

Shazam: Fury of the Gods
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Shazam: Fury of the Gods

Old Post Jul 24th, 2022 06:54 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

this looks real bad

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 24th, 2022 09:47 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Looks okay, Seems like it'll be on par with the first movie.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2022 06:35 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Honestly, I hope this turns out to be good. The first Shazam! in 2019 was a wonderful surprise that along with Man of Steel is my favorite DCEU movie. The emotional beats with Billy's mom, the foster family, the comedy action bits, the chemistry between Zachary Levi and Jack Dylan Grazer was excellent, loved everything about it. Actually saw Asher Angel in person at the Tulsa Pop Culture Expo in November 2019, crazy he has grown like a foot it looks like from them to filming of Shazam! 2.

This could be a massive disappointment though like WW 1984. The January release date, the villain choice (why oh why no Black Adam when Black Adam releases this October??!), the trailer, IDK.

Think about this my fellow KMC'ers: from March 2019-April 2019, we had Ms. Marvel/now Captain Marvel, the original Captain Marvel/Shazam!, and then the end of the MCU as we knew it in Endgame. All within weeks of each other.

Since then, we've had hit-or-miss or even who cares shows and movies from Disney's MCU (Phase 4 is over with Wakanda Forever in November? Wow that's sudden), Snyder's JL cut is the only thing DC had notable besides their normal quality animated movies, and Venom 2 and Morbius memes from Sony (massive hit and excellent movie in No Way Home, but that is turning out to be the big exception, not the rule).

Looks like the superhero sub-genre is finally going the way of the western in the 70's, 80's, and then 90's.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2022 03:31 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Seems a bit too heavy with the teen angst angle (again) and that puts me off, but looking forward to it, the first film was fun.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 25th, 2022 04:40 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Just when I thought this couldn't suck worse, we got this news:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 7th, 2022 10:59 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

This looks terrible.

By Stoic

Old Post Aug 7th, 2022 11:05 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Re: Shazam: Fury of the Gods

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller

^^^Looks fun!

Old Post Aug 7th, 2022 12:06 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by tkitna
This looks terrible.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 7th, 2022 12:32 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Just when I thought this couldn't suck worse, we got this news:

(please log in to view the image)

How is that possible? I figured that would be the whole point of introducing Black Adam?!

Old Post Aug 8th, 2022 02:46 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

They're saying that now as a means to not nail themselves down in case Black Adam flops.

If BA does good to great, they'll announce an upcoming film featuring both characters n 2024-2025

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 8th, 2022 03:14 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote