KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » NOPE

NOPE
Started by: marcssands14

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
marcssands14

NOPE(Discussion)

What did you think of the movie? And how would you place it with Peeles other films?

Old Post Aug 1st, 2022 10:49 PM
marcssands14 is currently offline Click here to Send marcssands14 a Private Message Find more posts by marcssands14 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I actually hadn't seen a trailer until now. Looks kind of cool.

Get Out was really good. I didn't particularly care for the other one, though. I've forgotten the name of it. It seemed poorly conceived or I just didn't get it, I dunno.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2022 10:56 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marcssands14

Bump

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2022 10:01 PM
marcssands14 is currently offline Click here to Send marcssands14 a Private Message Find more posts by marcssands14 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marcssands14

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I actually hadn't seen a trailer until now. Looks kind of cool.

Get Out was really good. I didn't particularly care for the other one, though. I've forgotten the name of it. It seemed poorly conceived or I just didn't get it, I dunno.

Kiinda crazy you haven't seen a trailer till yesterday. Are you American

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2022 10:02 PM
riv6672

I’ll watch it eventually.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2022 10:44 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

NOPE

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2022 03:04 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by marcssands14
Kiinda crazy you haven't seen a trailer till yesterday. Are you American

I am 'Merican, yes. I had seen ads for it, just hadn't actually sat to watch an actual trailer until then.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2022 12:51 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Saw this a week or so ago. I thought it was quite good.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2022 08:14 PM
ares834 is online now! Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marcssands14

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
NOPE
How come its not a film you wanna watch in theaters?

Old Post Aug 7th, 2022 07:19 PM
marcssands14

Originally posted by ares834
Saw this a week or so ago. I thought it was quite good.

What did you like the best about it and what do you think about the meaning behind Gordy?

Old Post Aug 7th, 2022 07:22 PM
marcssands14

Bump

Old Post Aug 12th, 2022 04:23 PM
NemeBro

Movie was all right. It would be a lot better if the writing and characterization weren't ultimately below par and in general is a lot sloppier than Get Out was (I haven't seen Us).

Funny though that in the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: giant alien monster movie the ****ing [SPOILER - highlight to read]: rampaging chimpanzee is the scariest thing in it.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2022 04:30 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sithans
Restricted

Account Restricted

It would have been cooler to have the grays pilot the thing instead of it turning out to be a flying squid. Of all the alien movies I’ve never seen the grays 👽 in a film adaptation much less in the current era.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2022 07:03 AM
Sithans is currently offline Click here to Send Sithans a Private Message Find more posts by Sithans Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marcssands14

Originally posted by NemeBro
Movie was all right. It would be a lot better if the writing and characterization weren't ultimately below par and in general is a lot sloppier than Get Out was (I haven't seen Us).

Funny though that in the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: giant alien monster movie the ****ing [SPOILER - highlight to read]: rampaging chimpanzee is the scariest thing in it.

What was subpar about the writing in your opinion

Old Post Aug 19th, 2022 04:22 PM
marcssands14

2nd bump

Old Post Aug 25th, 2022 03:10 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Saw this last weekend, and upon multiple rewatches, I can say without a modicum of uncertainty that this is one of the best summer blockbuster movies EVER!!!!!!! On the tier of Star Wars, Raiders of The Lost Ark, Close Encounters, E.T. Back To The Future, and the Dark Knight. This is the kind of movie that gets dissected in ivy league film courses.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Aug 27th, 2022 02:57 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Watched it Friday, was somewhere between just okay and decent. I liked it better than US, but not Get Out.

Seems Peele is on a downward slop. Started with a terrific film (Get Out) and hasn't been able to match or surpass it.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 29th, 2022 05:48 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Second half was good.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2022 10:13 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Nah. This is Peele's best film, followed by Get Out, and lastly Us.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Last edited by Lestov16 on Aug 30th, 2022 at 11:20 PM

Old Post Aug 30th, 2022 11:13 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

He didn't dislike it though.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2022 11:18 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote