KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Alien: Romulus

Alien: Romulus
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Alien: Romulus

Nice little tease. It does at least look leaps and bounds better than Covenant. (But that's of course not necessarily saying much). Funny that they're returning to the Prometheus music when everyone bitched about that movie and made Ridley Scott birth the abomination Covenant.

That music IS bitchin', though...

Old Post Mar 20th, 2024 07:49 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I like the return to the Prometheus production design. The teaser is nice, and might even work better than the movie itself with the screams and then revealing the blood, but then the last shot of the Alien at the end is boring and overdone. It just looks like it's going to be a repeat of space truckers stuck with Xenomorph(s).

Ridley Scott said it best when he said the Xenomorph is "Done. Cooked." 🥱

But maybe the cool space station-looking setting and atmosphere will make it work.

I'll hold out a little hope, but not much.

Last edited by Patient_Leech on Mar 20th, 2024 at 08:49 PM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2024 08:46 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

There's been 8 Alien movies and only 2 of them have been good. And almost 40 years since the last good one. There's not much to be hopeful about.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2024 10:06 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Well, until Ridley Scott ruined the lore with Covenant I liked them all, even the flawed sequels. There were things to enjoy.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2024 10:11 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Movie looks good from the teaser, Holding out hope it is good

Predator got a good sequel recently in the form of Prey, Its time for Aliens to get one.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2024 12:57 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
There's been 8 Alien movies and only 2 of them have been good. And almost 40 years since the last good one. There's not much to be hopeful about.

I mean AvP1 wasn't bad if you want to count that.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2024 02:50 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I like the return to the Prometheus production design. The teaser is nice, and might even work better than the movie itself with the screams and then revealing the blood, but then the last shot of the Alien at the end is boring and overdone. It just looks like it's going to be a repeat of space truckers stuck with Xenomorph(s).

Ridley Scott said it best when he said the Xenomorph is "Done. Cooked." 🥱

But maybe the cool space station-looking setting and atmosphere will make it work.

I'll hold out a little hope, but not much.

So is the Engineers supposed to be in it?

The big goofy very dumb Engineers?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2024 02:56 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I love these films, I'll definitely watch it when it drops.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 21st, 2024 08:20 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Well, until Ridley Scott ruined the lore with Covenant I liked them all, even the flawed sequels. There were things to enjoy.

I may be being overly harsh. I quite enjoy 3 because I like Fincher's direction. It gets a lot of harsh treatment over what happened to Newt and Hicks. I think the design of the dog Alien is one of the better ones in the franchise.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2024 04:19 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
I may be being overly harsh. I quite enjoy 3 because I like Fincher's direction. It gets a lot of harsh treatment over what happened to Newt and Hicks. I think the design of the dog Alien is one of the better ones in the franchise.

Yeah, I always felt 3 was underrated. The nihilistic disposal of Newt and Hicks fits the series. It's a pretty big shame we'll never see his true vision of the film, though, because he had such a miserable time he abandoned it, but the Assembly Cut (I think is what it's called) is pretty good.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2024 05:27 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Apparently Fede says he made everything practical, so that's good.

https://movieweb.com/alien-romulus-...varez-comments/

But what is this image from...? It's pretty damn cool...

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 28th, 2024 12:01 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by cdtm
So is the Engineers supposed to be in it?

I have no idea. I doubt it, but it would be cool as shit if they surprise us with an appearance.

I get major Prometheus vibes with the production from the teaser, so it would fit.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2024 12:38 PM