KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Captain jack sparrow's accent

Captain jack sparrow's accent
Started by: cr33pycat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cr33pycat

Captain jack sparrow's accent

..It sounds kind of british but there is something else to it. does anybody know what kind of accent it is? And has anybody found the script online to pirates of the caribbean? Thanks a ton ;D

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by cr33pycat on Jul 26th, 2003 at 09:07 PM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2003 09:05 PM
cr33pycat is currently offline Click here to Send cr33pycat a Private Message Find more posts by cr33pycat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BondJamesBond
Scaramanga Thug

It's acting

Old Post Jul 27th, 2003 05:36 PM
BondJamesBond is currently offline Click here to Send BondJamesBond a Private Message Find more posts by BondJamesBond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cr33pycat

Yeah, I know its acting but, I was wondering what kind of accent johnny depp was trying to put on.. it sounds a bit british and something else.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2003 06:07 AM
cr33pycat is currently offline Click here to Send cr33pycat a Private Message Find more posts by cr33pycat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChinaNiki
Dancing Queen

i think the other part is drunk

even if he wasn't actually drunk

that's how he sounded

Made by the talented Godshinto

Old Post Jul 28th, 2003 06:23 AM
ChinaNiki is currently offline Click here to Send ChinaNiki a Private Message Find more posts by ChinaNiki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
le_sainte
MILANISTA

wutever it is, it's sexy . love

Now ... Bring me that horizon. Na-na-na-ne-ne-na-da-da-de-da ... And really bad eggs, drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.

That's what a ship really is, you know - not a keel and a hold and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs - but what a ship is, what the Black Pearl really is, is freedom.
Ragetti: Bootstraps’
bootstraps.

CJS - Human hair ... From me back!
And then they made me thier chief ...
Ragetti: This is just like what the Greeks done at Troy. 'Cept they was in a horse instead 'o dresses. Wooden 'orse ... You look pretty

Old Post Jul 29th, 2003 02:11 PM
le_sainte is currently offline Click here to Send le_sainte a Private Message Find more posts by le_sainte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tokyo_goddess
In the Mysterious Beyond

When I first saw the movie...my friend and I were like...huh...she thought he was fruity...but after 20 minutes...the thought of him sounding diffrent sounding inhumane...it sounds so cool!....and it's kinda easy to immitate. *sigh* big grin

http://lemonhead.cjb.net Do you like readingreading dirty things?shifty Join Lemon Head! Currently over 150 lemonheads!

http://bulmaandvegetascuddlecove.cjb.net My Bulma and Vegeta shrine. big grin

http://briachan.blogspot.com Nobody's Listening...my blog.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 01:14 AM
tokyo_goddess is currently offline Click here to Send tokyo_goddess a Private Message Find more posts by tokyo_goddess Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skittles19
***** what?

hmmm... it was a very unique accent,
exactly what a drunk-like fruity pirate like jack should have... smile
gotta love it

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 10:51 PM
Skittles19 is currently offline Click here to Send Skittles19 a Private Message Find more posts by Skittles19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
captain's fancy
First Mate

It's his own concoction of an accent... he was inspired and wanted to add his own charm and skill to the roll, so, he created an accent, some lines, some esemble, truly, he is the epitome of Captain Jack Sparrow, in the flesh! Complete with real tattoos.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2003 03:18 AM
captain's fancy is currently offline Click here to Send captain's fancy a Private Message Find more posts by captain's fancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cap.JackSparrow

Captain Jack Sparrow

OMG i love that movie... Johnny is so HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So is Orlando... but anyways back to Johnny....... this is one of my fav. lines....

inless the person telling the truth thought the person he was telling the truth wouldn't beleive the truth id\f he told him the truth anyway... that part was sooo cool and funny...

i also liked the part where Orli said....

is that the reason for all the...... :moves hands and head as if crazy:

Old Post Aug 6th, 2003 04:47 AM
Cap.JackSparrow is currently offline Click here to Send Cap.JackSparrow a Private Message Find more posts by Cap.JackSparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
made in nyc

Jack's accent...

...is British, and, specifically, it's a Cockney accent.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2003 07:39 PM
made in nyc is currently offline Click here to Send made in nyc a Private Message Find more posts by made in nyc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

thats so cool i loved the accent love part of the package *drool* my favourite part was when jack is like but u have heard of me big grin and the same orlando one as cap.jacksparrowlaughing

Old Post Aug 8th, 2003 02:00 AM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmen_pirate_elf

Captain Jack's accent is british/drunk. my best friend and i are now obsessed with the movie :~ and would like to audition for the next ones. so if any one has any info about auditions....please share. we've seen it 5 times going on 6. big grin and if ANY one disses on ANYthing about PotC.............well go walk off a plank!!! PIRATES RULE!!!! big grin pirate

Old Post Aug 8th, 2003 02:49 AM
xmen_pirate_elf is currently offline Click here to Send xmen_pirate_elf a Private Message Find more posts by xmen_pirate_elf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

i so agree *sigh* love

Old Post Aug 8th, 2003 03:05 AM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
X-Woman

I love the guy....love the accent even more. It's just something to him that makes him your not-average pirate! eek!

Cyclops LIVES!!!

Old Post Aug 8th, 2003 03:14 AM
X-Woman is currently offline Click here to Send X-Woman a Private Message Find more posts by X-Woman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CptJackSparrow
Pirate Captain

I loved that movie!! And I totally agree! I think his accent is a kind of brittish/pirate accent. It seemed to fit the character anyway. I've seen the movie 6 times as well. Capt. Sparrow is my fave character by far. I found a version of the script that someone put together...but it's not totally acurate. I can give out the site if you want though.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2003 03:55 PM
CptJackSparrow is currently offline Click here to Send CptJackSparrow a Private Message Find more posts by CptJackSparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lukeyduckey
Soon u be slagging ME off

I saw this film last night and LOVED it. Johnny depp is great as jack, if i was allowwed i nominate him for an oscar.
The accent is british/drunk and i am know doing it 24 7.
My favoriote parts is where he gets slapped and to find out if he decived that one. Jake thinks he only decieved 3 out of 4
Im seeing it again sometime next week.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 01:10 PM
lukeyduckey is currently offline Click here to Send lukeyduckey a Private Message Find more posts by lukeyduckey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kel_p

Johnny Depp is known to be a big fan of British COmedy, his favorite show being The Fast Show (or Brilliant as it is known in the US).
The accent that he is using is a straight take off of a British comedian known as Tommy Cooper, known for his deep voice and slightly slurred drunk accent :-)

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 04:52 PM
Kel_p is currently offline Click here to Send Kel_p a Private Message Find more posts by Kel_p Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cogger15
JohnnyDeppObbsessive

OH MY GOD! WOW!!! i was totally blown away when i saw pirates of the caribbean today. johnny as CAPTAIN jack sparrow made me laugh so much!!!! johnny plays the character soooo well and he looks great as a pirate! REAL HOTT!! smile i loved the movie and cant wait til it comes on on dvd so i can watch it all the time! jack's accent is really cool! i dunno exactly what it is but its wicked!! and orlando is hotttt!!!!! i hope pirates of the caribbean goes ahead! that would be wicked! p.s JOHNNY RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can Ya Dig It??

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 07:47 PM
cogger15 is currently offline Click here to Send cogger15 a Private Message Find more posts by cogger15 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CptJackSparrow
Pirate Captain

lol, Another ravenous fan are we?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 07:50 PM
CptJackSparrow is currently offline Click here to Send CptJackSparrow a Private Message Find more posts by CptJackSparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cogger15
JohnnyDeppObbsessive

hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol dont u just love captain jack sparrow?!?!?! and the movie, of course!

Can Ya Dig It??

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 07:55 PM
cogger15 is currently offline Click here to Send cogger15 a Private Message Find more posts by cogger15 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote