KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Most Overated Movies

Most Overated Movies
Started by: wicker_man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wicker_man
V.2

Miffed Most Overated Movies

Wow this is my first started thread and a contrevirsal one at that. I'd like to know what you lovely people believe is the most overated films ever.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Jul 29th, 2003 05:00 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Pearl Harbour;
Titanic;
Waterworld;
The exorcist;
So far those are the only ones I can think of.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2003 06:39 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diegocala
Replicant

Matrix
Pearl Harbor
Star Wars (lastest two)
JFK

I am sure I have more but those are on the top of my mind

--Siggie Created by Master Godshinto

Whatever happened to my Rock N Roll?
Come in, she said, I'll give you shelter from the storm

Old Post Jul 29th, 2003 06:50 PM
diegocala is currently offline Click here to Send diegocala a Private Message Find more posts by diegocala Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
happy kine
mirth maker

i have to agree with everyones picks so far... and i'd like to add the asteroid one with bruce willis. and all them 80's movies with that red head chick... breakfast club and 16 candles and the like...

Old Post Jul 29th, 2003 07:37 PM
happy kine is currently offline Click here to Send happy kine a Private Message Find more posts by happy kine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigbadbike2
Hitman

In the Bedroom.

Made By: Me

Dragging a knee at 140 on a bike, just takes all the rush out of driving a car at 120. - Sammy Sliger, 2001 (paraphrased)

Money is not everything. As if poverty is.

I've also learned that love cannot be on a one way street... if it does not go both ways it can be a lonely road. Personally I like to just watch the cars go by.... - Happy Kine, 2003

Dare to be different, just like everyone else.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2003 07:45 PM
bigbadbike2 is currently offline Click here to Send bigbadbike2 a Private Message Find more posts by bigbadbike2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diegocala
Replicant

I HATED "In the Bedroom"...I walked out of it!

--Siggie Created by Master Godshinto

Whatever happened to my Rock N Roll?
Come in, she said, I'll give you shelter from the storm

Old Post Jul 29th, 2003 07:51 PM
diegocala is currently offline Click here to Send diegocala a Private Message Find more posts by diegocala Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

Lord Of the Rings
Boom Dock Saints i think that is what it is called.
Scary Movie
Titanic as u guys said already
Space Jam

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 12:52 AM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maximus_E.
Insane An' Enjoyin' It

Titanic (of course)
Horse Whisper
I Am Sam

all I can think of at the moment

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 01:11 AM
Maximus_E. is currently offline Click here to Send Maximus_E. a Private Message Find more posts by Maximus_E. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chica16
chica

quote:
Originally posted by DeNiro
Lord Of the Rings
Boom Dock Saints i think that is what it is called.
Scary Movie
Titanic as u guys said already
Space Jam

WHAT?!?!? LORD OF THE RINGS?!?!? WHAT?!?! that's uncalled for.. it's not overrated at all, they're the best movies ever, if ... IF... you don't like the first two wait til you see ROTK... you'll eat your words

the crownless again shall be king.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 02:04 AM
chica16 is currently offline Click here to Send chica16 a Private Message Find more posts by chica16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VampirePrincess
Moon Child

Dang don't freak out about The Lord of the Rings lol...

Anyway I have to say The Matrix is a little overrated.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 02:49 AM
VampirePrincess is currently offline Click here to Send VampirePrincess a Private Message Find more posts by VampirePrincess Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jeanlucgodard

Gladiator
Braveheart
Chinatown

I'm not saying these are bad movies (except Gladiator). I'm just saying they're overrated.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 07:19 AM
jeanlucgodard is currently offline Click here to Send jeanlucgodard a Private Message Find more posts by jeanlucgodard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adroit
WSBN

quote:
Originally posted by jeanlucgodard
Gladiator
Braveheart
Chinatown

I'm not saying these are bad movies (except Gladiator). I'm just saying they're overrated.

Gladiator suprises me, it was under rated and wasnt pushed into peoples mines before it came out. However Titanic...what a disapointment

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 07:52 AM
Adroit is currently offline Click here to Send Adroit a Private Message Find more posts by Adroit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fu'Seth
master Jedi

Titanic,
Pearl Harbour,
Signs,
Ghostship,
and all teenage colege flicks i think are well over-rated!!! but still all the films i have mentioned have been enjoyable just over-rated!!

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 09:17 AM
Fu'Seth is currently offline Click here to Send Fu'Seth a Private Message Find more posts by Fu'Seth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

I've always thought an overrated movie was a movie that had tons of publicity and then when you see it sucked. Not a movie that had very little or virtually no publicity and then when ppl saw it it became a huge hit. Like the Matrix. It had very little publicity and everybody said it would tank when it actually did very well. Oh well.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 01:38 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GroundedAgain
OTF REBEL

i walked out of the first harry potter movie and didn't waste money on the second one. what's the deal with those movies??

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 03:33 PM
GroundedAgain is currently offline Find more posts by GroundedAgain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chica16
chica

i didn't like harry potter either
i think the matrix reloaded was slightly overrated but it was still good

the crownless again shall be king.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 03:36 PM
chica16 is currently offline Click here to Send chica16 a Private Message Find more posts by chica16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mOvIeMaNiAc14
I'm a Maniac, Maniac!

XXX was wayyyyyyy overrated

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 04:17 PM
mOvIeMaNiAc14 is currently offline Click here to Send mOvIeMaNiAc14 a Private Message Find more posts by mOvIeMaNiAc14 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigbadbike2
Hitman

quote:
Originally posted by diegocala
I HATED "In the Bedroom"...I walked out of it!

I didn't walk out because I kept waiting for it to get better and it just got worse. I now, looking back, wish I had left. It just irks me that it got such great reviews. I haved learned over the years to read critics reviews and if they say a movie is mediocre then to me the movie will be great, however, if they say a movie is awesome I know I will not like it. I don't know why it just happens this way.
smile

Made By: Me

Dragging a knee at 140 on a bike, just takes all the rush out of driving a car at 120. - Sammy Sliger, 2001 (paraphrased)

Money is not everything. As if poverty is.

I've also learned that love cannot be on a one way street... if it does not go both ways it can be a lonely road. Personally I like to just watch the cars go by.... - Happy Kine, 2003

Dare to be different, just like everyone else.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 04:41 PM
bigbadbike2 is currently offline Click here to Send bigbadbike2 a Private Message Find more posts by bigbadbike2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Yeh I feel the same way BBB2.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 05:07 PM
happy kine
mirth maker

in the bedroom? never heard of it... but i'll try to avoid it. i had some friend over to watch LOTR (they didn't even know it was based on a book) and they consider that overrated... they wanted the 2 hours of their life back... but after i made them see the second one... they started to see the light.

i also think most old movies are overrated... they had some bad acting that people call classic...

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 06:06 PM
happy kine is currently offline Click here to Send happy kine a Private Message Find more posts by happy kine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote