KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Welcome » Welcome » Hi everybody

Hi everybody
Started by: Doctor Doom

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Doctor Doom

Hi everybody

Hello everyone,

It's nice to meet you all. I love movies, so I thought I'd join. Among my favorite movies are Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Breakfast Club, etc. And some of my favorite actors are Marlon Brando, Jack Nicholson, & Clint Eastwood. (And obviously, I love Doctor Doom from Marvel comics. He's my favorite comic character).

I'm glad to meet everyone.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2006 09:40 PM
Doctor Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

welcome aboard.cool user name,avatar and sig. thumb up just wondering,you didnt mention the fantastic four as one of your favorite movies,were you dissapointed with the comic to movie translation of it?

Old Post Aug 17th, 2006 09:55 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Machine

Hello and welcome. I'm new as well.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2006 11:54 PM
The Machine is currently offline Find more posts by The Machine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor Doom

Yes, I was disappointed with the comic-to-movie translation of the Fantastic Four. I felt they could have done a whole lot better. The acting of the various characters were not as they were from the comics (at least the Earth-616 Marvel continuity that I love). Doctor Doom is the greatest villain from all of comics, and should have been played a lot better. Reed Richards is also supposed to be brilliant (as Doom is), but I felt they didn't portray that well enough.

The one character I thought they did a good job at portraying was The Thing. He was acted very well. The rest was just a disappointment to me. Ah well. Perhaps I would have liked it better if I weren't such a fan of the good Doctor, and the Fantastic Four themselves. Perhaps I was biased going into the movie theater. I was already thinking "oh brother... that's NOT the Fantastic Four" when I saw the trailer.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 02:17 AM
Doctor Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NINJ4_BL4D3
Sly as a Snake

Welcome to the Rukus

join the ninjutsu club

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 02:20 AM
NINJ4_BL4D3 is currently offline Click here to Send NINJ4_BL4D3 a Private Message Find more posts by NINJ4_BL4D3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

Welcome, and have fun wink

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 08:01 AM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Doctor Doom
Yes, I was disappointed with the comic-to-movie translation of the Fantastic Four. I felt they could have done a whole lot better. The acting of the various characters were not as they were from the comics (at least the Earth-616 Marvel continuity that I love). Doctor Doom is the greatest villain from all of comics, and should have been played a lot better. Reed Richards is also supposed to be brilliant (as Doom is), but I felt they didn't portray that well enough.

The one character I thought they did a good job at portraying was The Thing. He was acted very well. The rest was just a disappointment to me. Ah well. Perhaps I would have liked it better if I weren't such a fan of the good Doctor, and the Fantastic Four themselves. Perhaps I was biased going into the movie theater. I was already thinking "oh brother... that's NOT the Fantastic Four" when I saw the trailer.

Hey I dont blame ya.Hollywood seems to screw it up most the time when making a comicbook film into a movie making unnessary stupid changes that dont need to be made because they want to add on their own little twist to it.Look at my message below my screen and my user name,that tells you something of what I think about a certain comicbook movie. big grin I mean casting angelina jolle for sue storm and and casting a guy who is obviously much older than her for Johnny? WTF? roll eyes (sarcastic) jolles bleach job was horrible also.Like i said,thats hollywood for ya though. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 03:57 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Legendary Thor
Dark and Vengefull

WELCOME TO KILLER MANDALORIAN CIGARETS

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 05:39 PM
Legendary Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Legendary Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Legendary Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

All that is eternal rusts in shame of our forgotten jagged image we seek in the century old mirror, am I to believe that skin was not made for wearing? It never stated that it had to be our own skin which adorns our flesh with overlapping joy, welcome to this toilet, and aid me in inpregnating a young virgin so I may feast on a precious newborn.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 08:38 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote