KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Welcome » Welcome » The Making of Lightsabers are Plausible?

The Making of Lightsabers are Plausible?
Started by: fantomray

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
fantomray

Cool The Making of Lightsabers are Plausible?

Greetings Everyone,

I've decided to create this blog in response to several blogs posted about real working lightsabers that may have been developed in the past. Now, I have never really made a lightsaber myself. However, I do believe the development of a real working lightsaber is plausible. There are many theories I have planned in my head and many schematics I have drawn out, but really don't make the design and development workable.

I came across a diagram of an actual core of a lightsaber. I have the diagram listed below as an atachment. Now if this diagram is correct I believe this would be the closest to an actual working lightsaber.

If anyone comes across this post I would like some feedback. It would help continue my research into the proper development of a fully functional lightsaber with some added benefits.

Attachment: lightsaber schematics.jpg
This has been downloaded 146 time(s).

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2008 05:23 AM
fantomray is currently offline Click here to Send fantomray a Private Message Find more posts by fantomray Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I posted this pic LONG ago

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2008 07:17 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

welcome

thank u bz

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2008 07:26 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KnivesOut
nuff sed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by fantomray
Greetings Everyone,

I've decided to create this blog in response to several blogs posted about real working lightsabers that may have been developed in the past. Now, I have never really made a lightsaber myself. However, I do believe the development of a real working lightsaber is plausible. There are many theories I have planned in my head and many schematics I have drawn out, but really don't make the design and development workable.

I came across a diagram of an actual core of a lightsaber. I have the diagram listed below as an atachment. Now if this diagram is correct I believe this would be the closest to an actual working lightsaber.

If anyone comes across this post I would like some feedback. It would help continue my research into the proper development of a fully functional lightsaber with some added benefits.

Thats fictional. Just putting a crystal in wouldn't make a lightsaber.

[5:20][showcase]

Old Post Dec 31st, 2008 07:01 PM
KnivesOut is currently offline Click here to Send KnivesOut a Private Message Find more posts by KnivesOut Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

That "diagram" would be about as useful as watching the star wars films in helping to build a real light saber. It is more than likely possible to make a real light saber but it won't happen any time soon unless some billionaire decides to fund research for it.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2008 10:20 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sycan

chicken and have a happy new year

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 03:34 AM
Sycan is currently offline Click here to Send Sycan a Private Message Find more posts by Sycan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

dude your a total idiot. this should go here: star wars forum

this is the welcome area, like where you come in and say hi i'm hear, not like anyone rly cares.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 08:52 AM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11

this is the welcome area, like where you come in and say hi i'm hear, not like anyone rly cares.

He's new to the forum and posts a thread in the wrong place and for that you call him a total idiot?

I think you should apologise before you look like a total idiot.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 07:09 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
He's new to the forum and posts a thread in the wrong place and for that you call him a total idiot?

that and the fact that this diagram is absolutely implausible.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 07:48 PM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav

That, and the fact of the two words "your" and "hear" being completely wrong kinda makes it too late.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 08:05 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KnivesOut
nuff sed

Oh man! I always wanted a total idiot. I can't believe this new guy got it. Also, How can somebody be a verb?

[5:20][showcase]

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 08:45 PM
KnivesOut is currently offline Click here to Send KnivesOut a Private Message Find more posts by KnivesOut Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Originally posted by jaden101
That, and the fact of the two words "your" and "hear" being completely wrong kinda makes it too late.

Yeah. And John Adams sucks too!

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 02:27 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Quincy
Yeah. And John Adams sucks too!
u kidding? john adams was the one behind the declaration of independence that pushed america into the open act of rebellion.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jan 6th, 2009 03:07 AM
Quincy
Debaser

u kidding? john adams was the one behind the declaration of independence that pushed america into the open act of rebellion.

Sounds lame.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jan 6th, 2009 03:23 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Re: The Making of Lightsabers are Plausible?

Originally posted by fantomray
Greetings Everyone,

The problem with lightsabers as plausible real-world weapons is the question of how to make the beam just stop once it got to a certain length. Furthermore, when it comes down to wielding a lightsaber, the only thing with any measurable weight is the hilt, which means that there is no balance like with an actual sword, and thus a real light saber would end up being more of a hazard than an asset to the wielder. In fact if you really want to see what it would be like to wield a lightsaber, just take a metal shaft at about the dimensions of a lightsaber hilt, and swing it around as if it were a Katana or Long Sword.

Now now Knightfa11, give the guy a break, he's new and probably young. He'll grow to understand the ways of KMC if given time.

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Jan 6th, 2009 at 06:45 PM

Old Post Jan 6th, 2009 06:40 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Quincy Sounds lame.
how dolefully unpatriotic of you, granted you're from America.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2009 08:53 AM