KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Reviews » The Passion of the Christ

The Passion of the Christ
Started by: LindsIsSexyK

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LindsIsSexyK
ALL GROWN UP NOW =)

Warning The Passion of the Christ

I just got home from seeing this movie about 20 minutes ago and I am truly near being absolutely speechless. This was by far the most emotionally powerful movie I have ever seen and I believe will ever exist.

The way Mel Gibson managed to depict the events of what really happened is truly amazing. If any person can manage to not cry and not feel a bit of sin or remorse while watching this movie then I would have to say that you must be inhuman.

If you are not very religious and you are not a believer, then you will be once you see this movie.

I rate this movie a 10 out of 10 because it has managed to change my life in only 2 hours worth of time. This movie makes a person feel truly thankful and blessed for what they have on this earth.

I RECOMMEND EVERYONE ON THE PLANET EARTH TO GET OUT AND SEE THIS MOVIE A.S.A.P.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2004 09:18 AM
LindsIsSexyK is currently offline Click here to Send LindsIsSexyK a Private Message Find more posts by LindsIsSexyK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

There has only been 1 review so far?

I saw this last night and it was a typical Mel Gibson masterpiece. The man does films in ways that completely destroy any chance of making any movie like that again and it still be worth watching.
After Braveheart, any attempt to make a film of that sort is unwatchable. The same with The Passion.
The theaters were packed and the audience applauded the end of the movie. I don’t applaud movies and usually think that’s annoying, but last night it was OK. I would say 70% of the crowd stayed until the end of final credits – too stunned to move.
Yes, it is a very graphic movie and no matter how much you expect (violent-wise) from this film there are still 2 or 3 instances which “get you” in that regard.
I have heard complaints that it is one-dimensional and doesn’t go into elaborate detail on Jesus’ living days and the conspiracy against him but what these people don’t accept is that the point of the movie is the story of the last 12 hours of Jesus’ life. Gibson can make the movie any way he wants and that is the area he wanted to portray.
The movie is not boring for even 1 second of the 126 minutes it runs, and while it is not one of my top 10 movies of all time, it would be a fair assessment to say it would be top 25 at the very least.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2004 12:16 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Force
Holy Hypocrits!

i'm going to see the movie soon, i've heard so much aout so i have to get myself ready for it

Made by the awesome transforming Hegemon
Don't mess with The Force, because I ownz you. -The Force

Crazy Christian all over your candy arse.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2004 02:50 PM
The Force is currently offline Click here to Send The Force a Private Message Find more posts by The Force Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I saw The Passion last night, and is both bloody and brutal (mostly for JC of course). The characters are very convincing not too much drama or over acting, but emotionally convincing. I do like the way the Devil is portray in this film. The character of Judas cause more pity than hatred, he can be consider a martyr to a certain extend. Not a lot of known actors (except for Monica, she looks very lovely in this film) were in this film.

One of the best scenes in this film had to be when the Romans brutally beat JC in the prison. The lashing, the punishment, the mockery looks very good and not overdone. Now I kept asking myself (as I watch the torture scenes) How in the world can some survive such a beatin? Just the loss of so much blood should be enough for someone to die immediatly (but then again this is JC).

I give this film 9/10. I recommended is really good. But as far as that comment of becoming a beliver after watching this film. I don't think!!! so this a good interpretation of the passion of Christ, but the film isn't trying to convert anyone. So don't be concern about your beliefs......just enjoy the movie for what it is.............ENTERTAINMENT!

Old Post Feb 26th, 2004 03:29 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Force
Holy Hypocrits!

The movie wasn't made to entertain, it was made to get you to think, to get you to see what Jesus did on that cross, and it's not just any other movie, because with any other movie, you can go see again and again, because you like it, but with mel gibsons movie, it's the kind of movie that was hard enough to see it the first time, it's like a one time thing, atleast for the ppl that understand it.

That's why whenever that movie ended, you'll see ppl crying or just being quiet, it's not just another movie that you can talk to your friends about, like you would talk with them after you saw the matrix or lord of the rings.

The Passion of the Christ was made for a purpose.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2004 04:52 PM
The Force is currently offline Click here to Send The Force a Private Message Find more posts by The Force Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

No that's wrong!!! If ppl cried (which they did) that is their sentimental emotion taking over! The passion of Christ was made for one purpose......to entertain!!!! that is why is call MOVIE!!!!! not a DOCUMENTARY!!!

Old Post Feb 26th, 2004 05:02 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Force
Holy Hypocrits!

quote:
Originally posted by WindDancer
No that's wrong!!! If ppl cried (which they did) that is their sentimental emotion taking over! The passion of Christ was made for one purpose......to entertain!!!! that is why is call MOVIE!!!!! not a DOCUMENTARY!!!

but that's your personal opinion, it wasn't made to entertain, it was a movie made to inform

Old Post Feb 26th, 2004 06:17 PM
Cheerldr4eva

Love You must give love to receive love!

I just saw Passion last night and I believe it was based on facts that is the most realistic film I have ever seen of Jesus it is so realistic and gory but if u think thats bad think how it must have felt for him because it was probably much worse! He could have said no and it would have stopped at any point but he loved us so he went on. The ending was so real I just thought how did they make a film from that point of view.I don't think this film was meant to entertain at all I mean who went in there and sat down to eat popcorn and watch a movie?I think it was mean to inform us on what happened to Jesus !I'm 14 and i went with my church and noone got up after the movie we all cried the whole theatre was packed people were standing up in the back besides crying it was complete silence through the whole film After a few people left our church gathered and prayed and thanked God that Jesus died for us! I think everyone should see this movie at least once! My preacher said he didn't want to see the movie because he didn't want to see his Lord like that but he would go to see it on Friday!!

Last edited by Cheerldr4eva on Feb 26th, 2004 at 06:42 PM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2004 06:34 PM
Cheerldr4eva is currently offline Click here to Send Cheerldr4eva a Private Message Find more posts by Cheerldr4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

^^ mature post for a 14-year old first-time poster with a user name of "cheerldr4eva," I must say.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2004 06:51 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Force
Holy Hypocrits!

Re: You must give love to receive love!

quote:
Originally posted by Cheerldr4eva
I just saw Passion last night and I believe it was based on facts that is the most realistic film I have ever seen of Jesus it is so realistic and gory but if u think thats bad think how it must have felt for him because it was probably much worse! He could have said no and it would have stopped at any point but he loved us so he went on. The ending was so real I just thought how did they make a film from that point of view.I don't think this film was meant to entertain at all I mean who went in there and sat down to eat popcorn and watch a movie?I think it was mean to inform us on what happened to Jesus !I'm 14 and i went with my church and noone got up after the movie we all cried the whole theatre was packed people were standing up in the back besides crying it was complete silence through the whole film After a few people left our church gathered and prayed and thanked God that Jesus died for us! I think everyone should see this movie at least once! My preacher said he didn't want to see the movie because he didn't want to see his Lord like that but he would go to see it on Friday!!

wow now i really can't wait to see that movie, i don't normally cry at all, but i wonder what i will think of this movie

Old Post Feb 26th, 2004 06:52 PM
The Force
Holy Hypocrits!

quote:
Originally posted by botankus
^^ mature post for a 14-year old first-time poster with a user name of "cheerldr4eva," I must say.

are you being sarcastic, cuz that's not funny

Old Post Feb 26th, 2004 06:53 PM
finti

quote:
The Passion of the Christ was made for a purpose.
yeah to make money

Old Post Feb 26th, 2004 06:59 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote:
Originally posted by The Force
but that's your personal opinion, it wasn't made to entertain, it was a movie made to inform

Yes, and so do you have you own opinion TF. It wasn't made for entertainment???? Then why call it a movie for? So we need to see this movie in order to be inform about Jesus??? If you want to be inform about JC go read the Gospels, if you want to get a "visual" idea of some of the events of JC lifetime go see the movie. As I say before is only a movie NOT a documentary.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2004 06:59 PM
finti

amen

Old Post Feb 26th, 2004 07:01 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Force
Holy Hypocrits!

quote:
Yes, and so do you have you own opinion TF. It wasn't made for entertainment???? Then why call it a movie for? So we need to see this movie in order to be inform about Jesus??? If you want to be inform about JC go read the Gospels, if you want to get a "visual" idea of some of the events of JC lifetime go see the movie. As I say before is only a movie NOT a documentary.

Not all movies entertain, the reason why i said that this movie was informative, is because it was made to inform the public, becuase not everybody reads the Bible and not everybody knows about who Jesus is and what he did. So it's there for information not entertainment, and if anythign it's there for rememberance.

If it was a documentary there wouldn't be acting, that's why it's a movie, but it's a movie that informs.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2004 07:05 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

If you take the movie too seriously you won't find it entertaining.
TF the movie isn't very informative it only illustrates the torture that Jesus experience. If Gibson wanted to make it informative he would have stock up the film with countless details of Jesus teachings.

Here is a suggestion "Ghandi" and "The passion of Christ" which of the two do you feels more like a documentary film? I would say "Ghandi" because we the audience are introduce "in depth" to the character. The passion of Christ illustrates the final days of Christ. So Passion can be consider more like a movie rather than a biographical documentary.

Last edited by WanderingDroid on Feb 26th, 2004 at 08:53 PM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2004 08:51 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I highly doubt it is the most powerful movie ever made, and I also highly doubt it will change my life in any way.

I'm just going for the gore.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2004 09:05 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Force
Holy Hypocrits!

quote:
If you take the movie too seriously you won't find it entertaining.
TF the movie isn't very informative it only illustrates the torture that Jesus experience. If Gibson wanted to make it informative he would have stock up the film with countless details of Jesus teachings.

Here is a suggestion "Ghandi" and "The passion of Christ" which of the two do you feels more like a documentary film? I would say "Ghandi" because we the audience are introduce "in depth" to the character. The passion of Christ illustrates the final days of Christ. So Passion can be consider more like a movie rather than a biographical documentary.

But i'm trying to tell you it's wasn't made for entertainment, or else the ppl that saw it would be entertained instead of heartbroken and confused.

It was informing the crowd who watch on what Jesus experience, and he did nothing to diserve it

Old Post Feb 26th, 2004 10:42 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote:
Originally posted by The Force
But i'm trying to tell you it's wasn't made for entertainment, or else the ppl that saw it would be entertained instead of heartbroken and confused.

It was informing the crowd who watch on what Jesus experience, and he did nothing to diserve it

TF let me clear something up. When I use the word "Entertainment" it means I founded amusing and I enjoy the film. I'm not saying I was cracking up with laughter when JC was crucify! Nor did I laugh at the scenes when he was getting beat up. There were some scenes that I did found to be funny (but the not the ones in which JC was suffering) , also there were scenes that made me jump from my seat with surprise. That counts as being entertain!! Is like I told you if you take this film waaaaay to seriously you will not be to enjoy it.

The ppl who was crying or were heartbroken probably took the film very seriously (and that's fine) but you have to remenber that is a film about a man who will suffer. Many of us knew that it was going to involve bloodshed so we weren't surprise. I have read the gospels and I knew what was going to happen in the end. What I found entertaining was the fact that illustrations of JC were very well done. That doesn't mean I was laughing throught the whole movie.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2004 11:01 PM
poeman

A amazing film, touched my heart. my faith has just found even more strength. i feel so sorry for Jesus, I love this film Thank you Mel, for delivering one of the best films ever.

All of you even who dont believe in god go watch this film. This was the truth, and learn what this man went through!.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2004 11:17 PM
poeman is currently offline Click here to Send poeman a Private Message Find more posts by poeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote