KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Trivia » Quentin Tarantino trivia

Quentin Tarantino trivia
Started by: tabby999

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

Quentin Tarantino trivia

in Pulp Fiction all the clocks are set to 4:20.
and the characters in lost of his movies are related
in Pulp Travolta plays Vincent Vaga and in Dogs there is Vic Vaga
then theres a relationship between Mr White and True Romance, they talk about how he used to do a job with the a character out of True.
i know theres more, i forget it now

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 01:15 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Cool!! check out these ones:

-In Pulp Fiction there isn't a cop present in the entire movie.

-The sword use by Butch appears to have the Hattori logo in it (Katana)

-Mia calls Vincent "cowboy" reminding us that Travolta was on Urban cowboy.

-A big Kahuna burger is mention in From dusk till dawn.

-"Big Kahuna Burgers" first appeared in Reservoir Dogs.

-When Butch is approaching his apartment, there is an advertisement for Jack Rabbit Slims on the radio. An ad for "Jack Rabbit Slims" can also be heard during the torture scene in Reservoir Dogs.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 01:26 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A.D. Skinner
Assistant Director

Okay...here are a few that I know of

A 1974 Chevy Nova was used in both Pulp Fiction as well as Resevoir Dogs, as well as it being bloodied.

"Okay Ramblers, let's get rambling" was said in both From Dusk Till Dawn as well as Resevoir Dogs

The Marquee for Butch's fight reads "Coolege Vs. Wilson". They were presidential candidates in the same race. That race was called "The battle of the titans", which also appears on the marquee.

When Butch goes through the alley, the radio says that the dancing trophy from Jack Rabbit Slim's had been stolen! Therefore Mia and Vincent did not win, but stole the trophy instead.

Big Kahuna Burger was mentioned in "From Dusk Till Dawn", "Natural Born Killers", "True Romance", and "Reservoir Dogs", as well as "Pulp Fiction"

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 03:31 PM
A.D. Skinner is currently offline Click here to Send A.D. Skinner a Private Message Find more posts by A.D. Skinner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

tarantino is making links to all his movies beause he loves his characters. he was saying in an interveiw i read he'd love to make like a museum with all the stuff and paraphanalia about all the characters. and i dont know if this counts, but look, there is links too all the movies except Jackie Brown. i dont count Kill Bill as its not on VHS or DVD and we cant look closer for these things

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 10:57 PM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

not all movies.........um......didn't Tarantino write "Natural Born Killers" also? I can't find any character relationships in the movie.....nor any relating promotions.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2004 06:22 AM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

Tarantino made the screenplay for NBK.............. Oliver Stone directed it......... wink

by Scythe

Old Post Jan 4th, 2004 10:47 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

yes.......Tarantino also only wrote True Romance..............

Tarantino has only directed 4 pictures:

Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
Jackie Brown
Kill Bill

he also directed one of the skits on four rooms..................this thread is talking about movies he has written.......like True Romance and From Dusk till Dawn. He did not direct them, yet incorporated character and product associations from other movies he has written (and acutally directed) like Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction into the screenplay.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2004 05:46 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

he wrote NBK but after he saw how Stone massacred his script he disowned it.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2004 10:45 AM
Paola
Ronin

laughing out loud anyway I love all his movies I have seen!!!

by Scythe

Old Post Jan 6th, 2004 08:49 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harves

Did you notice he uses the camera angle from inside the car trunk in Reservoir Dogs (when blonde gets the peterol) Pulp Fiction (near the start) and from dusk till dawn (when they take the woman out of the trunk) and who knows what was in the breifcase in Pulp Fiction?

I think it was gold bullion

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2004 11:03 AM
Harves is currently offline Click here to Send Harves a Private Message Find more posts by Harves Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

Harves>Did you notice he uses the camera angle from inside the car trunk in Reservoir Dogs (when blonde gets the peterol) Pulp Fiction (near the start) and from dusk till dawn (when they take the woman out of the trunk)

He also uses the same shot in Kill Bill.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2004 01:26 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

Pulp Fiction Trivia

In Mr. White's story Joe asks White about Alabama. White says they worked a few jobs then she went solo and she's a good little thief. Reasons behind it are that in True Romance the original ending has Christian Slater get killed and Alabama turns to a life of crime by hooking up with Mr. White in the end.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The woman Mr. Pink throws out of the car in the chase scene is the same woman who gets shot in the street by Marcellus Wallace in Pulp Fiction.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When Mr. Brown says: I'm blind, Mr. Orange says: You've just got blood in your eyes. This is the same line that is used in another Tarantino-scripted-flick: True Romance.
"..everything from a diddly-eyed-joe to damned-if-I-know." - a line used in both Reservoir Dogs and True Romance. Both written by Quentin Tarantino. In Reservoir Dogs the line is said by Mr. Orange's "coach" Holdaway (Randy Brooks): "And I'll bet you everything from a diddled-eye-Joe to a damned-if-I-know that in Milwaukee they got a sheet on this Mr. White mother****er's ass." and in True Romance by Drexl Spivey (Gary Oldman): "Grab a seat, boy. Grab yourself an egg roll. We got everything here from a diddle-eyed-Joe to a damned-if-I-know."
In a deleted scene Nice Guy Eddie tells White and Pink on the way to get the diamonds that he's getting a nurse to take care of Mr. Orange. The name Of the nurse is Bonnie which is the name of the nurse wife of Tarantino's character in Pulp Fiction. Eddie even goes so far as to say that it's real touchy this Bonnie situation.
The restaurant where Freddy aka Mr. Orange meets with his fellow cop, is also the same restaurant that was used in Pulp Fiction, although it was filmed on the other side of the restaurant.
Mr. Blonde's Parole Officer is called Skagnetti which is the name of the nasty prison officer in Natural Born Killers.
Talk about a coincidence. Marvin gets shot in the face in Pulp Fiction, and a Marvin gets his ear chopped off and shot in Reservoir Dogs. Did QT have a bad experience with someone named Marvin?

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2004 01:28 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BigDMoney007

This is a little known fact, but Jimmie (Quentin Tarantino) from Pulp Fiction and Mr. White (Harvey Keitel) from Reservoir Dogs are father and son. We see in a deleted scene of Reservoir Dogs Mr. White's last name is Dimmick. When The Wolf is in the hotel room before going to jimmies house, he has his little note pad out. On the note pad it says Jules Winfield, Vincent Vega, and Jimmie DIMMICK! It took me a couple of times to realize it, but they are father and son.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2004 01:36 AM
BigDMoney007 is currently offline Click here to Send BigDMoney007 a Private Message Find more posts by BigDMoney007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

oh and the sherrif in From Dusk Till Dawn that Richy (Tarantino) kills is the same guy as the one in Kill Bill that realises The Bride isn't dead

Old Post Feb 1st, 2004 04:51 AM
amlap
this guy

the two lead characters in nbk's and true romance are eachothers counter parts.
Quentin's producer and pal Lawrence Bender makes cameos in...
reservoir dogs... the cop chasing down mr pink after he steals the car.
pulp fiction...one of the custumers at the dinner when tim roth's character robs it with his wife.
four room... the guy who calls for ice

NUFF SAID!

Old Post Feb 1st, 2004 09:13 PM
amlap is currently offline Click here to Send amlap a Private Message Find more posts by amlap Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
foxota5

HEY IM IN 10TH GRADE AND DONT GO TO SCHOOL SO I CAN WATCH TARANTINO MOVIES ALL DAY

HERE ARE SOME COOL THINGS IVE NOTICED

-IN PULP FICTION HUNNY BUNNY CALLS THE WAITRESS BY SAYING "GARSON!" THE SAME AS MICHEL KEATON SAYS IN A DELETED SCENE IN JACKY BROWN

-IN RESEVIOR DOGS, PULP, DUSK TILL DAW ,JACKYBROWN AND KILL BILL VOL 1 THERE IS A BODY OR HOSTAGE IN A TRUNK

-THE WIGGLE YOUR BIG TOE SCENE IN KILL BILL V1 HAS THE SAME DIOLOUGE AS THE OLD JOHN WAYNE MOVIE WINGS OF EAGLES

-THE BONNIE SITUATION APPEARS IN PULP FICTION BUT IS ALSO MENTIONED IN A CUT SCEN IN RESEVIORDOGS

-THE JACKET CHRISTIAN SLATER WEARS IN TRUE ROMANCE TO KILL DREXLE IS STRANGLEY LIKE TRAVIS'S IN TAXI DRIVER

-K-BILLY RADIO IS THE MAIN LOCATION "MY BEST FRIENDS BIRTHDAY" TAKES PLACE

-TRUE ROMANCE AND MY BEST FRIENDS BIRTHDAY HAS TO DO WITH A GEEK FALLING IN LOVE WITH A CALL GIRL WHO LOVES DE PALMA AND SONNY CHIBA. COULD THIS BE A BOYHOOD FANTASY OF HIS?

-TO AMLAPS MESSAGE- LAWRENCE BENDER HAS SUPPOSEDLY APPEARED IN EVERY FILM OF HIS. I CAN ONLY FIND HIM IN THREE THOUGH...

REPLY IF YOU HAVE COMMENTS PLEASE

Last edited by foxota5 on Feb 17th, 2004 at 06:39 AM

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 06:36 AM
foxota5 is currently offline Click here to Send foxota5 a Private Message Find more posts by foxota5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sarahvma

Re: Quentin Tarantino trivia

quote:
Originally posted by tabby999
in Pulp Fiction all the clocks are set to 4:20.
and the characters in lost of his movies are related
in Pulp Travolta plays Vincent Vaga and in Dogs there is Vic Vaga
then theres a relationship between Mr White and True Romance, they talk about how he used to do a job with the a character out of True.
i know theres more, i forget it now

The clocks may all be set to that time, but there is the scene where Jimmy's talking about his wife coming home where the clock is accurately set to the time they're talking about. And Vince and Vic are brothers.

Sorry, I just love all the continuity stuff he does - not being a *****. You caught a lot of stuff I've never caught

Old Post May 30th, 2004 03:54 PM
sarahvma is currently offline Click here to Send sarahvma a Private Message Find more posts by sarahvma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sarahvma

Does anyone wonder if the significance of Beatrix's necklace is in a deleted scene? The one she leaves on the picture frame? Because you never see it until she goes after Bill, leading one to believe she didn't just stop off on the side of the road at a jewelery store and think "Huh, this looks pretty. Hey - if I die, I'll give it to that kid I think is dead."

Old Post May 30th, 2004 03:56 PM
sarahvma is currently offline Click here to Send sarahvma a Private Message Find more posts by sarahvma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tarantula

quote:
Originally posted by WindDancer

-In Pulp Fiction there isn't a cop present in the entire movie.

Zed is a cop... the badass dude that gets his sh*t ruined and his bike stolen...
he's a cop smile

Last edited by Tarantula on Aug 28th, 2004 at 01:36 AM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2004 01:30 AM
Tarantula is currently offline Click here to Send Tarantula a Private Message Find more posts by Tarantula Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

1.Jules' "Bad Mother F*cker" wallet actually belongs to Quentin Tarantino.
2.The word "f*ck" is used 271 times.
3.The significance of the time 4:20 is that it is slang for smoking marijuana.
4.Vincent was originally supposed to have shot Marvin twice - once accidentally in the throat, and a second to put him out of his misery. Quentin Tarantino changed it to a single bullet killing Marvin because he thought it would be funnier

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 03:37 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote