KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Trivia » The official "What's this Movie?" thread!

Title of the movie???
This poll is closed.
Title... 3 30.00%
Title..... 7 70.00%
Total: 10 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The official "What's this Movie?" thread!
Started by: blckcandleflame

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (73): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
blckcandleflame

Question "Run free, little Bob!"

Help!
Hello,
Does anyone know what movie "Run free, little Bob!" is from? It seems to be widely used, but the source of the quote is unknown. I have been searching everywhere for it, but it doesn't seem to be anywhere. If anyone knows, PLEASE help!

Old Post Apr 26th, 2004 05:56 AM
blckcandleflame is currently offline Click here to Send blckcandleflame a Private Message Find more posts by blckcandleflame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

According to the IMDb, there are two movies with characters called "Little Bob":

1) "The Martins"--aka "Tosspot" (2001), starring Eric Byrne as Little Bob

2) "Smile" (1975), starring Eric Shea as Little Bob Freelander.

Neither movie had that quote listed on its site, and neither had much to go on in the way of external links, either. You might try doing a Google or Yahoo search on either movie, the character, or the quote itself. Ultimately, you could just try and find both movies at your local video outlet and check them out.

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Apr 26th, 2004 11:01 PM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
whitelighter21

Can Anyone help me fing the title of an old science-fiction movie?

Hello Again Everyone,

It's me again, Whitelighter21. I am still looking for the title of that movie I posted about 2 weeks ago. I will give you a little bit of a better discription if I can. The show was made and takes place in the 80's. It is about a genuis computer tech, and his quest to save his girlfriend. The story goes, the devil is intreguied by this new age of techonology, and wants to play a computer game, but he decides to make it intresting. He the computer tech, gives him a mini computer to place on his arm, which has wepons and a few other tricks built into it. The devil send deamons and other hellish creatures up against the guy, and of course he beats them all. He ends up getting his girlfriend back, and defeating the devil. Some of the thing I remember from the show are: at the begining of the movie, the tech guy is jogging, and switches a traffic light using his glasses. If anyone can help please post a reply or send it to my e-mail at [email protected]

Thanks everyone

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 05:51 PM
whitelighter21 is currently offline Click here to Send whitelighter21 a Private Message Find more posts by whitelighter21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superfly4000

I have no idea. if you could remember what company produced it it would be easier to find.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 10:34 PM
Superfly4000 is currently offline Click here to Send Superfly4000 a Private Message Find more posts by Superfly4000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbcliffo

Worried Any idea what this film is please??????

Hello there

Many years back I watched a film on tv with my sister that I have never forgotten and would love to see again. Me and my sis often talk about this film as at the time it scared and had us totally gripped as to what was going to happen. I must have watched it on tv in perhaps 1981. It was shown in the daytime and was like a really tame disaster movie (in hindsight). It was an old movie though (black & white, 1950's at a guess). So the main thing I can remember is these big black stalagmite things that emerged from the ground and kept reproducing. They were really tall tower-like things that grew and then fell over and then more grew. Does anyone have any idea what this movie is?? If not any ideas on a website that can perhaps help me?

Thanks

Old Post Sep 5th, 2005 07:11 PM
bbcliffo is currently offline Click here to Send bbcliffo a Private Message Find more posts by bbcliffo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Billy Brethren

Need to Identify a movie, please help

This is wierd for me. Several years I was sleeping on the couch and you know how things going on while you are sleeping have a "sub-liminal" effect ? Well, there was this show, and I think it was a movie but it might have been a TV show I can't say, but the fusion that took place between what was happening in the show and myself while I was waking up was profound and (I don't like to admit) somewhat obsessive.

Part of me thinks that there is some sort of message I am (or was) supposed to recieve from this experience. Another part of me thinks that if I can identify what the movie/show was, then it will stop bothering me because it does. Its not constant, but it is continuous. Every week or two, I get this feeling and it won't go away. And I can't help but think that if I can just identify what this movie /show was, I can put the experience in a "box" and then not worry about it anymore. So I am asking for some help.

I can't remember much, but the brief 5 or 10 seconds I remember with crystal clarity was the image of a person (probably wearing some sort of a light space-suit) walking across a barren desert landscape. It appeared to be "another planet", so I assume the movie/show was science fiction. It reminds me somewhat of (was it?) Charleton Heston walking across a desert landscape in one of the "Planet of the Apes" movies. (For all I know it WAS one of those movies. I can't say for sure.)

What haunts me was the "voiced over" narrative. It was a woman's voice, and it was if she were speaking to the "spaceman" while he walked across the desert. Either as a voice in his head, or what I cannot say. But what she says was something like "Why did you travel so far, Spaceman ? What did you think you would find ? Arms, to hold you ?"

It was the last line that won't leave me alone. The idea of venturing into terrifying, unknown and probably dangerous places, without even understanding that the reason for this is a search for comfort and love. Rejecting love in a universe that is "known", and choosing instead to try and find it in a dangerous and unknown universe, and not even being aware of why.

So if someone could please help me to identify where this bit of TV experience came from, I would be very appreciative. I've tried running Googly searches for "snatches" of the text I (think I) remember to no result.

Thanks in advance,

Billy

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 03:12 AM
Billy Brethren is currently offline Click here to Send Billy Brethren a Private Message Find more posts by Billy Brethren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jayy
Restricted

Account Restricted

2001 A Space Oddessy

wink

Old Post Oct 17th, 2005 09:58 PM
jayy is currently offline Click here to Send jayy a Private Message Find more posts by jayy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
plastic_pen

Question Private Lessons: Another Story Soundtrack, HELP PLEASE

Hello World!

I saw the movie "Private Lessons: Another Story" about 5 years ago, and I really enjoyed it , but I truly LOVED the soundtrack more.

Does Anyone out there, who knows what I'm talking about, know if a Soundtrack exists for this movie? If not, who was the female singer throughout the whole movie?

HELP ME PLEASE

I've been searching all over, and there's no information except how other users also loved the soundtrack, but like me, can't find it anywhere!!!!

Thank you for ANY help.

Plastic Pen

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2005 04:32 AM
plastic_pen is currently offline Click here to Send plastic_pen a Private Message Find more posts by plastic_pen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

Warning "What's this movie?" Ask Here - Version 2.0

Here is where you can post up plots and actors you remember in a movie, but cannot recall the title. Please Try and give out as much as you can. The more there is, the easier it is to find out.

Thanks, and I hope you find the title you are looking for! smile

-Mando

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 03:45 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
saltyjesus

What's the name of that movie that's like a western comedy/parody, it has paul hogan and.... maybe cuba gooding jr? I think cuba gooding's (or whoever) character is deaf or mute or something. It wasn't that great of a movie, but someone I watched it with really liked it and it may be a good last minute gift for them.

http://saltyjesus.squarespace.com

Old Post Dec 16th, 2005 04:19 PM
saltyjesus is currently offline Click here to Send saltyjesus a Private Message Find more posts by saltyjesus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

Lightning Jack

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2005 04:52 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SignSeeker

Desperately seeking title....

I've been trying to find out what this movie is since I saw it, in the early '80s (I think) on TV. I was very young then, so parts are murky. I am desperate to find out the title of this, as it's driving me nuts....

It starts with a young girl is walking down train tracks, explaining what happened to her older sister whom is now "in the boneyard." I don't remember who she's talking too. She is in a dead, dusty little town somewhere in America. Her third person narration leads into the first person story...

They live in a house with their mother (and father??). The mother lets rooms to passing guests, so I guess it's kind of a B&B thing.

Man comes through, stays as guest and and older sister hooks up with him. Mother walks into guests room to find her in bed with him. Sister is looking for a ticket out of town, so I think this was a regular occurrence.

Sister gets man (same man?) totally drunk one night (don't know if she was drinking too) and they get married on the spot. In the morning, when he's still passed out, she "rolls" him, taking all the money out of his pockets and skipping town without him.

This part is all murky... She's living in a big city. He's looking for her. I think he sees her on the street at one point. Maybe he does? I don't remember what happened or how she died....

I don't remember how it ends, though it might come back to the young girl who is "telling" the story, balancing on the tracks.

This is killing me! It's probably some crap made for TV film (or not), but I've been wondering for years. If anyone has ANY idea, please clue me in!

Thanks!

~SignSeeker~

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 09:37 PM
SignSeeker is currently offline Click here to Send SignSeeker a Private Message Find more posts by SignSeeker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

Sorry, I have no idea.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 09:26 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Talking_Owl
Jesus

What's that movie with Robin Williams where he plays a boy with a growth disorder(you know, he looks 30 when he's only actually 15). I was trying to reference it today, but couldn't come up with the name.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 11:26 PM
Talking_Owl is currently offline Click here to Send Talking_Owl a Private Message Find more posts by Talking_Owl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

Jack

Make poverty history.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2005 10:18 AM
Talking_Owl
Jesus

Thanks

Old Post Dec 21st, 2005 10:24 PM
Talking_Owl is currently offline Click here to Send Talking_Owl a Private Message Find more posts by Talking_Owl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nfgkid

Please help me remember...

I was wondering if you guys can help me remember the name of this movie. One of the scenes i distinctly remember is when the girl stands up at the dinner table and shows her family her pierced nipples. My friends and i were driving ourselves crazy the other night trying to think of the title.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 09:16 AM
nfgkid is currently offline Click here to Send nfgkid a Private Message Find more posts by nfgkid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

I' m clueless.

Make poverty history.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 09:06 AM
Billy Brethren

Maybe Not...

I downloaded the whole script for 2001: A Space Oddessy and read it start to finish and didn't see any mention of this particular scene.

Are you sure ? Or just taking a guess ?

Still would like to ID this scene from whatever movie or TV show it came from.

Thanks again in advance,

Billy

Old Post Dec 24th, 2005 06:31 PM
Billy Brethren is currently offline Click here to Send Billy Brethren a Private Message Find more posts by Billy Brethren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ailurofile

New member looking for a movie

Hi! I am a new member of the forum and I need to find out the title of a film which I partially saw on cable.

This was a war flick (WW2 Western Front) following an American unit in the winter of 1944. Some scenes I recall are:

-The unit crossing a shallow stream with steep banks and being ambushed by a panzer sitting on the opposite side.

- A flamethrower guy attacking an 88 emplacement on a hilltop and torching it (and some of the crew).

- The unit advancing through a forest and discovering they were in the middle of a minefield.

- There was a big, tall German NCO leading a group of enemy soldiers.
Looked like he spent a long time on the Eastern Front.

I think this must be a 90's era film and is similar to Saving Private Ryan in its graphic violence level. I did not recognize any of the actors.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 08:37 PM
Ailurofile is currently offline Click here to Send Ailurofile a Private Message Find more posts by Ailurofile Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote