KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Trivia » Vampire movie trivia

Vampire movie trivia
Started by: VampirePrincess

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
VampirePrincess
Moon Child

Vampire movie trivia

1)Who played Lestat in Interview with the Vampire?
2) Who played Buffy in the 1992 film Buffy the Vampire Slayer?
3) Shadow of the Vampire was based on what vampire character?
4) What vampire film did Keanu Reeves play in and who played the main villian in the film?
5) Hard one who did a song based on Béla Lugosi back in the late 70s early 80s? (hint: The name of the song is Béla Lugosi is Dead)
6) In Buffy the Vampire Slayer the movie who played an extra that is famous today? (hint he is marrying a popular singer)
7) What anime movie was created into a manga? (hint it was very short)
8) Who died in the film Queen of the Damn and what role was played by that person? (real life dealth)

Thats all I can think of. Have fun! embarrasment

Old Post Dec 1st, 2002 02:49 AM
VampirePrincess is currently offline Click here to Send VampirePrincess a Private Message Find more posts by VampirePrincess Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

1) Tom Cruise (I think)
4) Bram Stokers Dracula, can't remember the British actors name but it will come to me
8) Aaliya

Best I can do I'm afraid.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2002 01:41 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VampirePrincess
Moon Child

These are difficult question I most say. I was trying to get some hard ones in there.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2002 04:36 PM
VampirePrincess is currently offline Click here to Send VampirePrincess a Private Message Find more posts by VampirePrincess Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Gary Oldman played Dracula. Kristy Swanson played Buffy.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 1st, 2002 11:33 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

7) What anime movie was created into a manga? (hint it was very short)

um...not sure..Blood: Last Vampire is a very short movie.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2002 11:39 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VampirePrincess
Moon Child

I see who else answers my other questions and then I will give you the answers.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2002 01:35 AM
VampirePrincess
Moon Child

I feel like answering my questions because I was bored....

1. Tom Cruise
2. forgot that one wait its Kristian Swanson or something like that... Blah! I knew it when I wrote the question.lol
3. Nosfurato (sp?)
4. Dracula, Gary Oldman
5. Bauhaus
6. ummm.... I know this whats his name marry J-Lo... Awww...
7. Blood
8. Aaliya, Akasha

Old Post Dec 4th, 2002 02:37 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, I answered 2 for you...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 4th, 2002 03:15 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Vlad Tepez

Old Post Dec 4th, 2002 07:58 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VampirePrincess
Moon Child

Vlad tepes which stands for Vlad The Impaler aka Vlad Dracula. Yes he is like a hero to me.

Ush yep I know. Thanks! *smiles*

Old Post Dec 4th, 2002 04:52 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

yay, I had mine right! *does a little dance*

Old Post Dec 4th, 2002 04:57 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Well Vlad III`s father Vlad II was part of an order to defend christianity against the Ottoman turks, the order was a secret oneand was called
"Order of the dragon". The word for dragon in Romanian is
DRAC and Vlad II became known as Vlad the dragon
/or Vlad Dracul . The ending "ulea" means son of in
In Romanian so Vlad III became Vlad Dracula.
(Drac is also devil in Romania).
In his(Vlad III) reign as a ruler Vlad used terror as a tool and executed tons of people in a rater vicious way.
Folklore in the Balkan has like other mythological belives had vampire like creatures in it. And there is no doubt Bram Stokers used the historical Prince as a model for his own Count. (Count Dracula)

Old Post Dec 4th, 2002 06:07 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VampirePrincess
Moon Child

He impaled them on stakes and let them hang for all to see. I know allot on him. He did not rule much during his time but he had allot of power. Today they are building an amusment park around Dracula's Castle in Transvania. I don't know if thats a good thing unless they do it more for historical reasons other then that I am not sure if thats really honoring him well. To his people he is a hero.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2002 08:47 PM
finti

i dont think he is a hero for most of the things he did, he is a hero for keeping the Ottoman Turks away which means he kept the muslim rule away. And for the ortodox christians of that area he is a hero.
You are right about the Impalement thing he loved.
He had stakes arranged in geometrical patterns, most used pattern was a ring of concentric circles and the height of the spear/pole indicated the rank of the victim. Maybe the most famous is when around 20 000 Turkish/Ottoman prisoners were impales on stakes at the city of Tirgoviste. Imagine the sight that met the invading Turkish army.
Still Vlad Tepes/z( probably written with an z in the end which is custom for that region, Tepes/z is pronounced tse-pesh by the way) is the person Bram used to form his own Vlad

Old Post Dec 4th, 2002 09:43 PM
VampirePrincess
Moon Child

Actually there is a debate on wether Dracula was based on Vlad Dracul fully or was it just Bram using his name and a few details. Remember Stoker used two other influences Elizabeth Bathory and Jack the Ripper.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2002 10:04 PM
finti

Indeed, but the things with his name the origion of his whereabout. The thing with his wife jumping from the castle towers and stuff.
The movie certainly took the stand of those meaning Bram used historical Vlad fully. And I must say in my opinion too many things are to much like the real Vlad so I actually agree with those who claims Bram did use VTIII as model. Off course he was influenced by other things too espesially Jack The ripper who was rumored to be royal family and Bram uses the title Count. And Erzsèbet Bàthory who was a a countess.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2002 10:14 PM
VampirePrincess
Moon Child

Actually it seems like your info came from the movie called Dark Prince: True Story of Dracula... Actually I can't find the link when I do I will show you the opposing view to the argument. Its very worth reading. I have to find it. Actually Vlads name was never used in Stoker's Dracula... Actually the movies were the ones that used the name.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2002 10:19 PM
finti

quote:
I can't find the link when I do I will show you the opposing view to the argument.
I ve seen a lot of arguments about it.
Well Bram uses the castle Dracula and Dracula means son of Drac which Vlads dad was called. He(Brams dracula) is refered to as the Count which probably was Vlads titled too that or Prince

Old Post Dec 4th, 2002 10:28 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

whats the worst vampire movie ever made?

hell im not even going to wait for a response, the answer is queen of the damned.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2002 10:36 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

never saw it

Old Post Dec 4th, 2002 10:39 PM