KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Trivia » Name the movie

Name the movie
Started by: dylans09

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dylans09

Name the movie

To begin, this film is a sort of psychological one, the kind that messes with your head, such as shutter island, the butterfly effect etc.

The plot is simplified terms, a man moves into a new town with his family, everyone in the town including his neighbour seem to treat him weird, in particular the neighbour's daughter, who seems to be afraid of him. One night in his house with his family, a man (or woman) is outside his house, the man then goes outside to scare the man off or something. The man then goes to the police (I think) and they suggest it may be the old owner of the house, who was a serial killer that murdered his family. They send him to a mental home and he visits the home and looks up the mans documentation and see's a picture of himself. It basically turns out that he is the one who murdered his own family and had recently gotten out of the mental home. His family don't actually exist, he just see's them.

I don't know any of the names of the actors and this probably isn't enough detail but I have searched lists of psychological thrillers/horrors and cant seem to find it. I can't even recall how I came to finding this film, I just remember watching it with a friend, who also cannot remember what it was called.

This film was set in the US I believe, the town of which it was set had snow in it, if this is of any use at all.

Keep in mind that some of my details may be wrong, so if you have a film in mind and read something which didn't happen in the film you were planning on contributing, say it anyway, it is more than likely that I am wrong-

PLEASE HELP ME

Old Post May 8th, 2012 10:25 PM
dylans09 is currently offline Click here to Send dylans09 a Private Message Find more posts by dylans09 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
80sfilmsrule

I don't know the name but that sounds like a good movie!

Old Post Feb 4th, 2014 12:52 AM
80sfilmsrule is currently offline Click here to Send 80sfilmsrule a Private Message Find more posts by 80sfilmsrule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's called Dream House with Daniel Craig.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 04:30 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azzikhan
Restricted

Account Restricted

It seems very familiar, but at present it is not clicking in mind.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2014 05:09 AM
Azzikhan is currently offline Click here to Send Azzikhan a Private Message Find more posts by Azzikhan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JabberWaki
Restricted

Account Restricted

Err

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 07:00 PM
JabberWaki is currently offline Click here to Send JabberWaki a Private Message Find more posts by JabberWaki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote