KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » The Hobbit

The Hobbit
Started by: coolboarder98

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolboarder98

Warning The Hobbit

Anybody have any idea if PJ or any other director is planninn on doing a film version of The Hobbit? Just curious. (please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)

-Robert Plant, The Lemon Song, Led Zeppelin II

Old Post Sep 30th, 2003 11:34 AM
coolboarder98 is currently offline Click here to Send coolboarder98 a Private Message Find more posts by coolboarder98 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

Good question...

Thats a bit strange - one minute, he says "yes, I'll make a film version", next minute "no, not be, but perhaps some other guy... NLC got all the rights".

Old Post Sep 30th, 2003 11:47 AM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hypernova

NLC?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2003 12:01 PM
Hypernova is currently offline Click here to Send Hypernova a Private Message Find more posts by Hypernova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laguna
Lord of the thing

I've heard that it's to be given a TV series makeover. well that's what Ian McKellen said anyhow

Old Post Sep 30th, 2003 12:06 PM
Laguna is currently offline Click here to Send Laguna a Private Message Find more posts by Laguna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hypernova

New Line Cinema!! no

Old Post Sep 30th, 2003 12:14 PM
Hypernova is currently offline Click here to Send Hypernova a Private Message Find more posts by Hypernova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joseph_Kerr

My understanding is that PJ didn't start with "The Hobbit" because New Lines did not own the rights to it, and another company did. That at the present moment New Lines is trying to secure the rights to "The Hobbit". PJ has said that he would be willing to film "The Hobbit", but after a break (he's been working on these three films after it's all done for 7-8 years).

Let's just cross our fingers that New Lines can come up with the millions to secure the right to "The Hobbit" and PJ gets a good rest before production.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2003 11:45 PM
Joseph_Kerr is currently offline Click here to Send Joseph_Kerr a Private Message Find more posts by Joseph_Kerr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
billyboyd4ever
Diamond of Long Cleeve

YES YES YES!!!!!! PJ MUST DO IT!!!! then i can have more to look forward to....yet sadly, no pippin *runs away and cries*

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - J.R.R. Tolkien

*sigh* I've missed you guys.. smile

Old Post Oct 1st, 2003 02:49 AM
billyboyd4ever is currently offline Click here to Send billyboyd4ever a Private Message Find more posts by billyboyd4ever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

in a recent issue of sfx, the lotr actors did mention something about hobbit when they were at this convention.

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Oct 1st, 2003 04:57 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hypernova

New characters or stick with Gandalf and Bilbo etc?

Old Post Oct 1st, 2003 05:14 AM
Sifer

It won't be done unless the original actors can be in it - Jackson wouldn't allow it smile

Old Post Oct 1st, 2003 05:32 AM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

... But I think Bilbo should look a bit different... I mean when The Hob happens, he's the same age as Frodo, but (in the foreword) looks faaaar older

Old Post Oct 1st, 2003 08:51 AM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joseph_Kerr

Ian Holm is too old.. but Ian McKellan isn't.. he should reprise his role as Gandalf.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2003 03:45 PM
Joseph_Kerr is currently offline Click here to Send Joseph_Kerr a Private Message Find more posts by Joseph_Kerr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolboarder98

Dude! It's Hollywood! Not only do they have the technology to make Ian Holm look younger, they also have really thin prothetics (did I spell it right?). That's my bit.

-Robert Plant, The Lemon Song, Led Zeppelin II

Old Post Oct 1st, 2003 07:38 PM
coolboarder98 is currently offline Click here to Send coolboarder98 a Private Message Find more posts by coolboarder98 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
billyboyd4ever
Diamond of Long Cleeve

um in FOTR when they showed holm finding the ring as young bilbo, they taped his face back (hahah laughing out loud ) i dont kno ho wmuch holm would like that for a whole movie...of course he'd get paid a ton, but still...

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - J.R.R. Tolkien

*sigh* I've missed you guys.. smile

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 04:55 AM
billyboyd4ever is currently offline Click here to Send billyboyd4ever a Private Message Find more posts by billyboyd4ever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
must_kill_Santa
Evil Princess

i hope they do coz that would be really good

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2003 10:27 AM
must_kill_Santa is currently offline Click here to Send must_kill_Santa a Private Message Find more posts by must_kill_Santa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote