KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Gandalf the Gay

Do you dislike Gandalf more knowing that he is gay?
This poll is closed.
yes 4 12.12%
no 23 69.70%
a little 3 9.09%
alot 3 9.09%
Total: 31 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gandalf the Gay
Started by: ROTK_Rocks

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ROTK_Rocks
LOTR

Gandalf the Gay

Does it take away any liking away from the charactat Gandalf that he is gay in real life....I personally can't help but disliking him a little even when i'm reading the books.....Plz vote

Last edited by ROTK_Rocks on Oct 4th, 2003 at 07:57 AM

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 07:01 AM
ROTK_Rocks is currently offline Click here to Send ROTK_Rocks a Private Message Find more posts by ROTK_Rocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
El Toro
Tszyu Crew

sir ian mckellen is a great actor. he portrays Gandalf much better than what i expected.
his sexual preference doesnt make me believe otherwise.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 08:59 AM
El Toro is currently offline Click here to Send El Toro a Private Message Find more posts by El Toro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

Exactly my opinion... as long as he plays well, why should I dislike the actor being gay??
I mean, does it change anything? Nah.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 12:50 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Camellia
Complete Tolkien geek

I think he's a fantastic actor, a very kind and funny person: I don't care if he's gay!!

In fact, I wouldn't mind if any of the actors I admire are gay....except maybe Elijah Wood....I'm planning on forcing him to marry me! angel

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 02:34 PM
Camellia is currently offline Click here to Send Camellia a Private Message Find more posts by Camellia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

it bothers me hust a little

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 03:17 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arwenishott
Rohirrim

it doesnt bother me at all. one shouldnt judge an actor by his life off screen.........they should judge them by the way they perform off screen. Ian Mckellen is a fantastic actor, and he portrays Gandalf the excact way i hoped for.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 03:21 PM
Arwenishott is currently offline Click here to Send Arwenishott a Private Message Find more posts by Arwenishott Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

oh my god that shouldn't even be a factor to consider ..............Sir Ian Mckellen is an incredible actor............and the fact that he is comfortable with his sexuality and is not ashamed of his lifestyle makes him a much better person than all the damn homophobs and hypocrites out there ( who rather care about what people think about them than being true to theirselves)

i say ( like i've said in sooooooo many other thread).........You go BOY!!!!!

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 04:57 PM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CandyKoRn
In Orlando Blooms Pant's

homophobes....

Happy Dance Go Banana Go Banana! Go! Go! Happy Dance

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 05:03 PM
CandyKoRn is currently offline Click here to Send CandyKoRn a Private Message Find more posts by CandyKoRn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

ah crud.........me cant spell...........lol thats what spell check is for.......

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 05:11 PM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
drunk_nazgul
obscure

I don't dislike him... My nickname for Gandalf is The Gay Wizard, but that's as far as it goes. I think Sir Ian McKellen is a very cool actor, except that time he, uhhh... touched... Orlando Bloom...
Not a good pic.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 05:14 PM
drunk_nazgul is currently offline Click here to Send drunk_nazgul a Private Message Find more posts by drunk_nazgul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
o kiMMii o
= MJ 2o06 =

WdF?! seriously who cares if his gay?! not gona effect yooh guys or something stop being so judgemental all the time......as Arwenishott
said..... his so brilliant on screen, i dont care bout his personal life

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 06:23 PM
o kiMMii o is currently offline Click here to Send o kiMMii o a Private Message Find more posts by o kiMMii o Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
billyboyd4ever
Diamond of Long Cleeve

gosh him being open about his sexuality has only made him a better role model and person in my eyes.....hes one of the best actors out there, and hes also not afraid of what the world thinks...it bugs me when people judge others on their opinions...stupid homophobes

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - J.R.R. Tolkien

*sigh* I've missed you guys.. smile

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 06:28 PM
billyboyd4ever is currently offline Click here to Send billyboyd4ever a Private Message Find more posts by billyboyd4ever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
o kiMMii o
= MJ 2o06 =

yeh i reckon...

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 06:30 PM
o kiMMii o is currently offline Click here to Send o kiMMii o a Private Message Find more posts by o kiMMii o Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pinksuezo
I'm not that new!

yeah if the maker of this thread is serious, hes kinda a homophobe. i like sir ian mckellen a lot, and im a guy who isnt gay.

his personality comes thru in a funny way when he winks at aragorn near the beginning of the two towers (which i dont think he would have done if he wasnt gay), and in his joking with peter jackson that gandalf shud have a love interest, at which pj asked if galadriel was a good idea, and sir ian mckellen sed legolas is who he had in mind, hahaha.

hes awesome, and his being gay is of no true importance to how much he really is gandalf.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 10:12 PM
pinksuezo is currently offline Click here to Send pinksuezo a Private Message Find more posts by pinksuezo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
johnnys#1 fan
SuperJohnnyFan

I don't care at all he's awsome at playing gandalf

I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me..A day will come when the courage of men fail..when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship... but it is not this day..THIS DAY WE FIGHT!!!

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future"

I Love Johnny Depp love

loveIcan't carry it for you but i can carry youlove

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 11:31 PM
johnnys#1 fan is currently offline Click here to Send johnnys#1 fan a Private Message Find more posts by johnnys#1 fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

lol........and he winks at Elrond when people start coming forward to go with frodo to mordor...............look carefully.........its right after he said " i would help u bear this burden"

hmmm nice to know that there are people who believe in one's own views and not the masses

Old Post Oct 5th, 2003 02:19 AM
ilvorlandobloom

im sorry, but i hate people who r gay... it makes me sick.

yay now everyones gonna start yelling at me saying im a homophobe or whatever but i dont care, i have my opinions
i hope theres no gay people here (for more reasons than one)

Old Post Oct 5th, 2003 06:01 AM
ilvorlandobloom is currently offline Click here to Send ilvorlandobloom a Private Message Find more posts by ilvorlandobloom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
El Toro
Tszyu Crew

na, i think it's cool for people to hate gay people. jus as long as u keep ur distance it's alright. i personally hate da idea of same sex relationships but sum people dont think like i do. but as long as dey dont approach me everything is cool.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2003 06:23 AM
El Toro is currently offline Click here to Send El Toro a Private Message Find more posts by El Toro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilvorlandobloom

yes

Old Post Oct 5th, 2003 06:28 AM
ilvorlandobloom is currently offline Click here to Send ilvorlandobloom a Private Message Find more posts by ilvorlandobloom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ROTK_Rocks
LOTR

yes i agree with you too.....(except for hating him)....no matter what you other ppl think it still makes a difference that he is gay.....I'm a Christian and obviously plenty of yall aren't since you think that breaking one of God's law is no matter at all.....Let me ask you a question.....

What if he got AIDS and died.....capoof no more ian mckellen.......Would you still think it's "OK" to be gay??????

Old Post Oct 5th, 2003 08:07 AM
ROTK_Rocks is currently offline Click here to Send ROTK_Rocks a Private Message Find more posts by ROTK_Rocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote