KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » best pic of shelob yet

best pic of shelob yet
Started by: Cowboyography

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cowboyography
Eye Of God

best pic of shelob yet

this is the best pic I have seen of the Spider from the trailer, Many have speculated that this could possibly be an offspring of Shelob, in hopes that she is much bigger, However the scene looks really well done!

Attachment: shelob.jpg
This has been downloaded 310 time(s).

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 02:29 PM
Cowboyography is currently offline Click here to Send Cowboyography a Private Message Find more posts by Cowboyography Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

I love that pic
I also think that's not Shelob... but however looks cool cool

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 02:34 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cowboyography
Eye Of God

Its hard to say, It looks like there may be a lot more body around the corner there that we dont see.
TTT book says that Shelob has offspring spread all across middle earth, however it also said that she would kill any of her Kin that would dwell within her Lair.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 02:46 PM
Cowboyography is currently offline Click here to Send Cowboyography a Private Message Find more posts by Cowboyography Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

I really think some people are idiots. Have you see the SIZE of that ***** smile Everyone is complaining she is too small around the web. OMFG That is just her ****in head FFS. If you look towards the top left of her, you can see one of her back legs and OMFG it is like a tree trunk. Not to mention we have yet to see her "shakin that ass" and that is gonna be J-Lo stylee, I guarantee it.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 03:43 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corlindel
Noldor

smile)

Por minha Dama
«...et tu seras pour moi unique au monde, et je serais pour toi unique au monde...»

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 04:27 PM
Corlindel is currently offline Click here to Send Corlindel a Private Message Find more posts by Corlindel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corlindel
Noldor

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 04:30 PM
Corlindel is currently offline Click here to Send Corlindel a Private Message Find more posts by Corlindel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

Thats right but I just dont think PJ would show Shelob in the trailer... would be cool if this is just one of her offsprings big grin but this one is big enough to be Shelob.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 05:53 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

well here is a size comparison. she looks pretty big to me. i highly doubt it is one of her offspring.

Attachment: shelob.jpg
This has been downloaded 248 time(s).

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromė himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 05:59 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

wow she's really fat Ō.o
thanks for that pic smile

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 06:00 PM
Aragorn#1
Aragorn's Angel

I think it is her cuz if you see the trailer than you cant really see her cuz it goes so fast but i think thats a hint to the public from PJ of what she looks like. But i thought she would be bigger cuz even men fear her but you never know size isnt always the thing

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 09:22 PM
Aragorn#1 is currently offline Click here to Send Aragorn#1 a Private Message Find more posts by Aragorn#1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aragorn#1
Aragorn's Angel

oh ya awsome pic!!

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 09:23 PM
Aragorn#1 is currently offline Click here to Send Aragorn#1 a Private Message Find more posts by Aragorn#1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smodden
Keyblade Chosen

i heard that in the movie, sheelob was going to be the size of a "ford taurus" i think i heard that in one of the movie books the pic looks prety close, it could be one of her child, in the book i think it said the mirkwood spiders were kin to her, is that right?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 09:34 PM
Smodden is currently offline Click here to Send Smodden a Private Message Find more posts by Smodden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilvorlandobloom

wow, i just now noticed the part behind her head, and she is BIG. i think its definitely her cuz if it was her offspring, she would have eaten it by now.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 04:25 AM
ilvorlandobloom is currently offline Click here to Send ilvorlandobloom a Private Message Find more posts by ilvorlandobloom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dejio

By looking at the picture, (thanks Turin for the size comparison) it seems to me that Shelob is indeed smaller than what i expected her to be. Remember, Frodo is a hobbit (i.e. small) Shelobs body may just be a little over as tall as a man. That wouldn't be too frightening. Wargs would be scarier in packs.

I agree with Exa in saying that Peter jackson would never show Shelob in trailers... i hope. : )

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 08:07 AM
Dejio is currently offline Click here to Send Dejio a Private Message Find more posts by Dejio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cowboyography
Eye Of God

her body does look huge, however without the glowing Stomach shot we wont know if this is Shelob until December, and where the hell is sam during this scene?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 05:18 PM
Joseph_Kerr

That's just her head folks.. we haven't even seen the body yet. So give Shelob a chance. smile

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 05:29 PM
Joseph_Kerr is currently offline Click here to Send Joseph_Kerr a Private Message Find more posts by Joseph_Kerr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smodden
Keyblade Chosen

totaly agree with Joseph_Kerr give shelob and pj a chance, pj hasn't let us down so far...

and dejio! u mean to tel me that a spider taller than a man woudn't be very frightning!?!! do you mean frightning to a hobbit or to the audience watching the movie?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 08:55 PM
Smodden is currently offline Click here to Send Smodden a Private Message Find more posts by Smodden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

I don't think she looks so fat or big, if that whould have been, Borormir or an urukhai, she whould defently have looked alot smaller

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 09:01 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

like mr kerr said, thats just the head, the thorax (i beleive thats the word for it) is still behind the rock. plus she is in a tunnel so she is probably hunkered down (sloutching). its going to be awesome!

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromė himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 09:22 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

hope so

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 09:34 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote