KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Concerning the hobbits

Concerning the hobbits
Started by: Hypernova

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hypernova

Love Concerning the hobbits

"My dear Bagginses and Boffins, Tooks and Brandybucks, Grubbs, Chubbs, Hornblowers, Bolgers, Bracegirdles, and Proudfoots...Today is my one-hundred and eleventieth birthday....Alas eleventy-one years is far too short a time to live amoung such excellent and admirable hobbits... I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."-Bilbo

"My dear Frodo. Hobbits really are amazing creatures. You can learn all that there is to know about their ways in a month, and yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you..."-Gandalf

Attachment: it15_elfboats_pippin_merry.jpg
This has been downloaded 56 time(s).

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 12:46 PM
Hypernova is currently offline Click here to Send Hypernova a Private Message Find more posts by Hypernova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hypernova

And this one smile

Sam: Frodo, no! Frodo! Frodo...
Frodo: No, Sam.
Frodo: Sam, go back. I'm going to Mordor alone.
Sam: Of course you are. And I'm going with you!

Sam: I wonder if we’ll ever be put into songs or tales?
Frodo: What?
Sam: I wonder if people will ever say: "Let’s hear about Frodo and the Ring." And they’ll say "Yes, that’s one of my favorite stories. Frodo was really courageous, wasn’t he, Dad." "Yes, my boy, the most famousest of hobbits. And that’s saying alot."
Frodo: You left out one of the chief characters - Samwise the Brave. I want to hear more about Sam.
Frodo wouldn’t have gotten far without his Sam.
Sam: Now Mr. Frodo, you shouldn’t make fun. I was bein' serious.
Frodo: So was I.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 01:03 PM
Hypernova is currently offline Click here to Send Hypernova a Private Message Find more posts by Hypernova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

uhhh hypernova deary what is the point of this thread???............posting hobbit lines???????
cause if it is i'll fill up the page...........hehe

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 03:48 PM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arwenishott
Rohirrim

i think these lines support the staement that hobbits are amazing creatures.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 10:26 PM
Arwenishott is currently offline Click here to Send Arwenishott a Private Message Find more posts by Arwenishott Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hypernova

*had this all written out before life interrupted stick out tongue *

Thank you Arwenishott smile You are right. Those quotes were chosen because they do show how amazing hobbits are!

I don't think the hobbits have enough forum-time evil face and seeing that ROTK is about to come out we see the rise and rise of our fav hobbits namely Merry and Pippin, and Sam and Frodo *takes a deep breathe*

To borrow from Gandalf "hobbits really are amazing creatures" and I think they should be discussed more big grin

I do love Pippin and Merry (and no they are not just comic relief) rolling on floor laughing
And I absolutely love Sam for his dedication to Frodo... and of course Frodo himself

I don't really want to pose a question... but just leave it as a thread "concerning the hobbits" smile

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 08:34 AM
Hypernova

The History of ‘Hobbits

"On a blank leaf I scrawled: 'In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit.' I did not and do not know why."
The Letters of J.R.R. Tolkien, No 163, to W.H. Auden, dated 1955

This is Tolkien's own account of his invention of the word 'hobbit', while marking School Certificate papers: he gives no date, but from the clues he gives, this most likely happened one summer in the late 1920's. This, then, is one of the most significant doodles in the history of literature: without it, there would have been no Hobbit, and without The Hobbit no Lord of the Rings, and without The Lord of the Rings, surely no Silmarillion. If not for those ten scrawled words, the world might never have heard of J.R.R. Tolkien.

Attachment: image9.jpg
This has been downloaded 38 time(s).

Old Post Oct 17th, 2003 09:40 AM
Hypernova

Tongue The Scouring of the Shire

Will link rather than post this one... Could be a SPOILER!!

Scouring of the Shire

Old Post Oct 17th, 2003 10:06 AM
Maikahyandowen
Entropy

Hobbits rock.
"what about breakfast?"
"you've already had it."
"we've had ONE yes, but what about SECOND breakfast?"
rolling on floor laughing eek! doctor ninja

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2003 10:22 PM
Maikahyandowen is currently offline Click here to Send Maikahyandowen a Private Message Find more posts by Maikahyandowen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
.Dance_Inside.

"even the smallest person can change the course of the future"

"Oh sam"

and...

Frodo: I cant do this, Sam.
Sam:I know, It's all wrong. By rights we shouldnt even be here. But we are. Its like in the great stories Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened.
But in the end its only a passing thing. This shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Those were the stories that stayed with you. that meant something. Even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back only they didnt.
They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.
Frodo: What are we holding on to, Sam?
Sam: That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And its worth fighting for

EDWARD CULLEN IS MY LIFE.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2003 10:29 PM
.Dance_Inside. is currently offline Click here to Send .Dance_Inside. a Private Message Find more posts by .Dance_Inside. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote