KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Celebrian's departion

Celebrian's departion
Started by: BingaBonga

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BingaBonga
**-Away-**

Question Celebrian's departion

Okay, so after she was tortured and posioned and etc... Her sons rescued her, and after Elrond healed her, she just decided to leave.... why did she leave, i mean wasn't she happy that she was saved, and like why didn't elrond go with her? confused

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 06:12 PM
BingaBonga is currently offline Click here to Send BingaBonga a Private Message Find more posts by BingaBonga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OrliNElijahsGrl
A Proud Ringer

woah what in the bloody blazes are you talking about? fill me in...im lost! LMAO

"There are some things time cannot mend, some hurts that go too deep, that have taken hold"-Frodo
Watch Lost every Wednesday at 8pm on ABC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 10:26 PM
OrliNElijahsGrl is currently offline Click here to Send OrliNElijahsGrl a Private Message Find more posts by OrliNElijahsGrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arwenishott
Rohirrim

i believe she left because she was too ill to live and would have eventually died..............this way she did not have to............send a pm to mormegil or exa............they know so much about this stuff

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 10:29 PM
Arwenishott is currently offline Click here to Send Arwenishott a Private Message Find more posts by Arwenishott Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowy_blue

Celebrian and her party were attacked by Orcs in the Misty Mountains when they were traveling to Lórien. She was wounded by a poison arrow. Her sons rescued her and took her back to Rivendell where Elrond healed her. However, she had "lost all delight in Middle Earth and the next year went to the Havens and passed over the Sea," leaving Elrond and her family behind in Rivendell.

Elrond did not go with her because he still has responsibilities in Middle-Earth especially in Imladris but they have promised each other that he will follow her in Grey Havens if "it is time".

smile

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 11:39 PM
shadowy_blue is currently offline Click here to Send shadowy_blue a Private Message Find more posts by shadowy_blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BingaBonga
**-Away-**

thanks people, and i'm sorry to Elijah's girl that i confused u because i think i confused myself, but now i'm good, but what a wonderful mother to leave her family!, haha, lol roll eyes (sarcastic)

◦•~The KMC Sisterhood~•◦

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 11:47 PM
BingaBonga is currently offline Click here to Send BingaBonga a Private Message Find more posts by BingaBonga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

quote:
Originally posted by Arwenishott
i believe she left because she was too ill to live and would have eventually died...

As shadowy_blue said, she "lost her delight" - she just was sick of seeing all the people die (but she wouldntve died herself as she's an elf... Elrond healed her totally) and so much she loved just faded away

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 12:44 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hypernova

Fair enough.

Those Elves really have been through alot!

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 12:48 PM
Hypernova is currently offline Click here to Send Hypernova a Private Message Find more posts by Hypernova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

well elrond healed her much like he healed frodo, but frodo carried the pain with him the rest of his life as i am sure she did. maybe for her it wasnt physical pain though and as others suggested maybe it was emotional pain, pain for the state of middle earth, pain for their losses, and heck who wouldnt want to go live in "heaven". the sad thing is she never got to see any of her children again.

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 04:25 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BingaBonga
**-Away-**

yeah really, but i guess i see why celebrian left, but like when they sail away from Gray Havens can they ever come back to like visit Middle Earth again or is it like "it". I'm too lazy to go upstairs and look in the appendixs, i am soooo lazy... cool

◦•~The KMC Sisterhood~•◦

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 04:49 PM
BingaBonga
**-Away-**

does anyone have any fan art of celebrian..... does arwen look like her, or does she look like galadriel.... or celeborn, lol, if you have any could u post it... i'd like to know what she looks like...

◦•~The KMC Sisterhood~•◦

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 04:50 PM
fini
Hurricane stalker

hhhhmmmmmmmmmmm you know that is one good question!!!!
* fini goes in search of celebrian's pic*

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 07:58 PM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BingaBonga
**-Away-**

heck, i have nothing else to do, i'll do that too...

◦•~The KMC Sisterhood~•◦

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 09:50 PM
turin

once you go to valinor you are there for good. there are exceptions though. the noldor returned to middle earth, though they were cursed in part for doing so, and depending on what of tolkiens work you hold as true glorfindel also returned. but pretty much no, you cant return.

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 10:05 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BingaBonga
**-Away-**

OMG, i was just looking for pictures on celebrian, so i typed in celebrian in google, and one site, which i didn't even go to had made up some story up about orcs raping her, god i hate people who makes everything like that even lotr a disgusting mess... sick miffed mad

◦•~The KMC Sisterhood~•◦

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 10:27 PM
shadowy_blue

quote:
Originally posted by BingaBonga
yeah really, but i guess i see why celebrian left, but like when they sail away from Gray Havens can they ever come back to like visit Middle Earth again or is it like "it". I'm too lazy to go upstairs and look in the appendixs, i am soooo lazy... cool

I think I have read in one of the books, I can't remember if it's the Appendices, or Unfinished Tales or Silmarillion or Book of Lost Tales..can't remember, but I think I've read that once you go to Havens, you can never come back to Middle-Earth again, or is it in Valinor? Can't remember but yeah.. (my mind is too jumbled) stick out tongue

'Nyways, here are the pics:

(please log in to view the image)
Luthien - Arwen's great, great, great, grandmother (paternal side)

Galadriel - Arwen's grandmother (maternal side)

Celebrian - Arwen's mother

Arwen

big grin

Last edited by shadowy_blue on Oct 14th, 2003 at 12:08 AM

Old Post Oct 14th, 2003 12:06 AM
shadowy_blue is currently offline Click here to Send shadowy_blue a Private Message Find more posts by shadowy_blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowy_blue

Here's another pics:

Galadriel

Arwen

Old Post Oct 14th, 2003 12:14 AM