KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Narsil Reforged

Narsil Reforged
Started by: jpdt1989

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jpdt1989

Narsil Reforged

I found it so cool when they show Arathorn being given Narsil and drawing it who agrees!

Old Post Oct 14th, 2003 11:02 AM
jpdt1989 is currently offline Click here to Send jpdt1989 a Private Message Find more posts by jpdt1989 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

aaaaa, its aragorn, but ya its pretty cool

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2003 02:26 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arwenishott
Rohirrim

yeh its cool..........u dumbass its aragorn not arathorn,,,,,arathorn is his father. i hope u dont call urself a fan

Old Post Oct 14th, 2003 07:05 PM
Arwenishott is currently offline Click here to Send Arwenishott a Private Message Find more posts by Arwenishott Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

ouch that was harsh man..........lol

Attachment: nienna-of-the-valaranduril_1500x381.jpg
This has been downloaded 74 time(s).

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Oct 14th, 2003 08:01 PM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

NOW THATS a Sword

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Oct 14th, 2003 08:04 PM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CandyKoRn
In Orlando Blooms Pant's

I was pissed off that they didn't show it in the FotR..

Aparently it's gonna be shown being reforged in RotK.

Happy Dance Go Banana Go Banana! Go! Go! Happy Dance

Old Post Oct 14th, 2003 09:59 PM
CandyKoRn is currently offline Click here to Send CandyKoRn a Private Message Find more posts by CandyKoRn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
billyboyd4ever
Diamond of Long Cleeve

yea i thought they should have had it in fotr like in the books...but iguess it makes more sense or something blink
my friend owns "the shards of narsil" hehe its cool

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - J.R.R. Tolkien

*sigh* I've missed you guys.. smile

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 02:55 AM
billyboyd4ever is currently offline Click here to Send billyboyd4ever a Private Message Find more posts by billyboyd4ever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hypernova

I agree, it's beautiful! thumb up

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 11:48 AM
Hypernova is currently offline Click here to Send Hypernova a Private Message Find more posts by Hypernova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jpdt1989

I admit i got the name wrong but where did u get such a good pic of the sword. Its cool. Hope they put it in the museum after the film

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 07:05 PM
jpdt1989 is currently offline Click here to Send jpdt1989 a Private Message Find more posts by jpdt1989 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlayerChick
Hot Chick w/ Superpowers

At least they showed Elrond giving the sword to Aragorn in FotK Extended Edition. I was VERY happy after that... happy

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 07:33 PM
SlayerChick is currently offline Click here to Send SlayerChick a Private Message Find more posts by SlayerChick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

I REALLY want that sword, and hopefully will be ordering it soon.

Cut some Orc's head off big grin

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 08:11 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Oh and CandyKorn: It is definately being shown in ROTK. Have you watched the trailer? If not, go watch, fly you f... smile

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 08:13 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

Cool inscription cool but erm a bit boring, compared to the ones in the other swords. Strange, it's two different languages... one Quenya one Sindarin. Why didnt the smiths do the new one in Quenya too??

The scene in the trailer is great smile

Old Post Oct 17th, 2003 08:08 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kitoky
Starting Anew

Ya, Elrond giving Aragorn the sword was really cool, because really Elrond kept it as a keep sake for Aragorn because Elrond foresaw that Aragorn had to become King one day.

Elrond has the shards of Narsil reforged and after giving it to Aragorn, Aragorn named it Anduril. The inscriptions on the sword were carved to help Aragorn in battle, to have the strenght of the elves fight with him, it's either Quenya or Sindarin.

The sword picture above looks as though it's inscripted with a language of the Dwarves for some reason, I can't tell. confused

Thank you so much Eezy!!
I'm starting over, do not mistake me for my brother - he has left. Eezy has convinced me to come back, give him some credit.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2003 03:51 PM
Kitoky is currently offline Click here to Send Kitoky a Private Message Find more posts by Kitoky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

rigwraith sowrds are betterer

Old Post Dec 7th, 2003 03:56 PM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 7th, 2003 03:57 PM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

see, they're betterer

Old Post Dec 7th, 2003 03:57 PM
Camellia
Complete Tolkien geek

I was wondering about that though: is it a flashback explaining about the reforging, or is it happening in the third film (i.e actually happening in that time and place)???

Because (and I am going to feel so stupid if I'm wrong!) Aragorn was given this sword before he set off on the quest was he not?...

Hope it's a 'flashback', if not, oh well, I'll live big grin

Old Post Dec 7th, 2003 06:52 PM
Camellia is currently offline Click here to Send Camellia a Private Message Find more posts by Camellia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

hmm maybe one of elrond sons brings it to him

But in the book he had it before yes

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Dec 7th, 2003 07:17 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VengeanceGOD

Elrond himself brings it to him in ROTK. In the movies, Narsil is used to symbolize that he accepts his kingliness, so the sword is given to him at the end, as opposed to the beginning.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2003 11:05 PM
VengeanceGOD is currently offline Click here to Send VengeanceGOD a Private Message Find more posts by VengeanceGOD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote