KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Cirdan

Cirdan
Started by: Corlindel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Corlindel
Noldor

Cirdan

Anyone can expain me why everyone is missing Cirdan sad ???

I think he it will be completely forgotten in LOTR movies and his role is so important as Elrond or Galadriel as the owner of the third elven ring.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 12:17 PM
Corlindel is currently offline Click here to Send Corlindel a Private Message Find more posts by Corlindel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

Good question
The problem is that the fellowship didnt travel to Mithlond yet
And hm he's "just" the ex-owner of Narya big grin

I hope we'll see him at the end of RoTk (lol Im wonderin what he gonna look like cuz in the book he has a long beard big grin )

I think Cirdan is even one of the most important people I mean just look at him he had been fighting Sauron and supporting Elrond&co for centuries (maaaaany centuries)

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 12:24 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corlindel
Noldor

Ex owner but owner for centuries smile

Thanks for the explanation but independently of the travel to Mithlond it will happens only in ROTK, the problem is that i am afraid he might be forgotten by Peter Jackson.

Do you know something about that. Dis anyone knows if he will appear in ROTK

Por minha Dama
«...et tu seras pour moi unique au monde, et je serais pour toi unique au monde...»

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 12:32 PM
Corlindel is currently offline Click here to Send Corlindel a Private Message Find more posts by Corlindel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

Hm yes right
But the also showed Gilgalad so shortly yet he even had two rings of power for a very long time...

"forgotten", yes, like *some* other characters... :angry:

No dunno anything I just found some pix that might show parts of Mithlond but empty.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 12:39 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corlindel
Noldor

Empty Mithlond and Rivendell without Glorfindel sad

Por minha Dama
«...et tu seras pour moi unique au monde, et je serais pour toi unique au monde...»

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 12:41 PM
Exabyte

mad yes glorfindely... and then Arwens horse even got the same name as his *cries*

Empty cuz I think its just a photo of a set... perhaps it isnt even Mithlond.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 12:44 PM
turin

dont we see cirdan in the prologue in the fellowship, when they are showing the rings of power and the elf with the grey hair in the back i assume is cirdan. PJ has to show him at the havens, he just has to. and you say he was aiding elrond for ceturies but his history is much more then that. he endured the long march from lake cuiniven (i beleive thats the name) and when osse persuaded some of the teleri to remain on the shores of middle earth cirdan took their lordship. he sent aid in all the great wars of beleriand (except perhaps the war of wrath) he looked after gilgalad when fingon sent him to the falas, he aided the remanents of menengroth and gondolin. he remained in middle earth after the first age and aided gilgalad in the wars againt sauron. he marched in the amy of the last alliance. he was the man! lol. he is the oldest living elf (in middle earth) and i dont beleive treebeard could be too much older then him.

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 02:52 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

It's "Cuiviénen" wink

Hm I didnt know or forgot that he was born near Cuiviénen, thanks

You're right he really did a lot of cool things but his publicity-problem is that he lives somewhere nearly no other important people live and he has no important parents big grin big grin

It should be Círdan but I'm not sure about it (the scene looks a bit strange to me cuz Celebrimbor gave to Rings to Gil-Galad and none to Círdan - Gil-Galad gave him one of his cuz he thought it would be safer.

Last edited by Exabyte on Oct 21st, 2003 at 03:20 PM

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 03:13 PM
Corlindel
Noldor

I think he is not so older as treebeard but older enough and more powerful than Elrond, and older than Galadriel too but I am not sure if Galadriel came from Cuiviénen too as the other noldor...

Por minha Dama

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 04:01 PM
Exabyte

She was born long after Círdan... and in Valinor.

I also think Treebeard is older than Círdan as he is the oldest Ent and am think the Treeherds are older than the Eldar (though the Elves were the ones that taught the Ents to speak)

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 04:24 PM
Corlindel
Noldor

thanks

Por minha Dama

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 04:26 PM
Corlindel
Noldor

I must restart reading again coz i am forgetting all that I read before about 15 years ago...I think i am getting to much older to this Fórum doctor

Por minha Dama

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 04:29 PM
Exabyte

lol big grin I also restarted reading some days ago with the Sil and the unfinished Tales... and rotk big grin
Its only one or two years since I read them but I also forgot everything big grin

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 05:15 PM
turin

well i dont beleive it says anywhere that he was born there but i doubt he would have been born on the journey and still be held as a leader among his people.

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 08:31 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote