KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » RoTK soundtrack

RoTK soundtrack
Started by: Exabyte

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Exabyte

RoTK soundtrack

Soundtrack will come out at the end of november and feature the following tracks (spoiler)

1. A Storm Is Coming
2. Hope And Memory
3. Minas Tirith (featuring Ben del Maestro)
4. The White Tree
5. The Steward Of Gondor (featuring Billy Boyd)
6. Minas Morgul
7. The Ride Of The Rohirrim
8. Twilight And Shadow (featuring Renée Fleming)
9. Cirith Ungol
10. Anduril
11. Shelob's Lair
12. Ash And Smoke
13. The Fields Of Pelennor
14. Hope Fails
15. The Black Gate Opens
16. The End Of All Things (featuring Renée Fleming)
17. The Return Of The King (featuring Sir James Galway, Viggo Mortensen and Renée Fleming)
18. The Grey Havens (featuring Sir James Galway)
19. Into The West (performed by Annie Lennox)

Interesting, shelob seems not to come at the beginning but in the middle of the film... and why th. is Cirith Ungol before Shelob's Lair?!?

Hm good we'll see the Black Gates again... thanks PJ... and, yep, the Grey Havens AND "Into the West" which indicate a veeeery long mithlond-scene

Yes and obviously Pippin will really sing the song in the halls of Denethor... and Aragorn is also allowed to sing a bit!!

Ben delMaestro is the only other one that already was on the TT-soundtrack.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 07:37 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OrliNElijahsGrl
A Proud Ringer

oooo how exciting!!!!!!! cant wait ;-)

"There are some things time cannot mend, some hurts that go too deep, that have taken hold"-Frodo
Watch Lost every Wednesday at 8pm on ABC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 07:47 PM
OrliNElijahsGrl is currently offline Click here to Send OrliNElijahsGrl a Private Message Find more posts by OrliNElijahsGrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lady Ellie

Hehe...that's goint to be a vey cool soundtrack ( Viggo and Billy singing...) big grin

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 08:04 PM
Lady Ellie is currently offline Click here to Send Lady Ellie a Private Message Find more posts by Lady Ellie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

i am worried about the songs that the actors are singing as well as annie lenoux. i dont think that there going to sound to good, but at the same time howard shore wouldnt let it happen if it stunk.

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 08:27 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

I'm more worried about the listing of the scenes

Something must be missing...

Hope the battle music is as good as in TT

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 08:31 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

hopefully one of those has the theme from gondor in it that was played in the trailer.

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 09:12 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

smile

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 09:27 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
orlisgrl15
Riddle Malfoy and Black

i cant wait to get that soundtrack!!! i have the first two already and they are soooo good happy

"So ends the famous Harry Potter," said Riddle's distant voice. "Alone in the Chamber of Secrets, forsaken by his friends, defeated at last by the Dark Lord he so unwisely challenged. You'll be back with your Mudblood mother soon, Harry... She bought you twelve years of borrowed time... but Lord Voldemort got you in the end, as you knew he must..."

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 09:34 PM
orlisgrl15 is currently offline Click here to Send orlisgrl15 a Private Message Find more posts by orlisgrl15 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Camellia
Complete Tolkien geek

Oh, Billy Boyd on one of the tracks - that alone makes me want to buy the soundtrack!!

(Although I would have done anyway!)

Old Post Oct 24th, 2003 08:00 PM
Camellia is currently offline Click here to Send Camellia a Private Message Find more posts by Camellia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

Pippin AND Aragorn... maybe we wont hear so much of Aragorn like on the FoTR SEE...

The Gondor theme? Wasnt that also on the TT SEE? If yes I doubt it will be...

Old Post Oct 24th, 2003 08:23 PM
Shield_Eowyn
Eldar

AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! I WANT! *hyperventalates*

A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them, and all chance of valour has gone beyond recall or desire.
You are a daughter of kings, a sheildmaiden of Rohan. I do not think that will be your fate.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2003 02:40 AM
Shield_Eowyn is currently offline Click here to Send Shield_Eowyn a Private Message Find more posts by Shield_Eowyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shield_Eowyn
Eldar

BTW, how can the soundtrack come out before the movie????

A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them, and all chance of valour has gone beyond recall or desire.
You are a daughter of kings, a sheildmaiden of Rohan. I do not think that will be your fate.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2003 02:41 AM
Shield_Eowyn is currently offline Click here to Send Shield_Eowyn a Private Message Find more posts by Shield_Eowyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shield_Eowyn
Eldar

The ride of the Rohirrim??? That sounds so cool, i think theres a bit of that playing on the preview on the TTT DVD............It really rox

Go LOTR music!!

Old Post Oct 26th, 2003 02:46 AM
Exabyte

All the LoTR soundtracks and also those of many other films came out before the movie started. Will make waiting a bit shorter smile

Old Post Oct 26th, 2003 05:18 PM
Exabyte

The cover as it will probably be:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 01:27 PM
Daragon

great

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 05:17 PM
Daragon is currently offline Click here to Send Daragon a Private Message Find more posts by Daragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

I think Dernhelm or Denethor shouldve been on the cover X( (as it is also the official Poster)
And Gollum only so small sad

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 08:45 PM
Verity

Exa> looks to me like everything is there...or enough!
Is the soundtrack on sale already?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 11:05 PM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

I can't wait too hear what Minas Tirith is like, hope it's gonna be very good

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 11:45 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

No, not yet on sale, we'll have to wait until the end of November - I have the date somewhere but I dunno exactly.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2003 09:20 PM