KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Sauron Defeated

Sauron Defeated
Started by: Tifa_Lockheart

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tifa_Lockheart
Maia of Middle-earth

Smile Sauron Defeated

Anybody read Sauron Defeated. I found it informative, and loved the Notion Club Papers. rolling on floor laughing

-MR ANDERSON.....THIS IS THE SOUND OF INEVITABILITY. FRODO IS COMING TO DESTROY ZION!! MWAHAHA

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 03:48 PM
Tifa_Lockheart is currently offline Click here to Send Tifa_Lockheart a Private Message Find more posts by Tifa_Lockheart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

where is sauron defeated, a seperate book, in the silmarillion, unfinished tales??

(i will never truly be defeated, not while evil still stalks the earth)

Im Back happy

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 07:04 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arwenishott
Rohirrim

sauron defeated.....never heard of that

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 11:39 PM
Arwenishott is currently offline Click here to Send Arwenishott a Private Message Find more posts by Arwenishott Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

sauron defeated is one of a series of 12 books christopher tolkien did called the history of middle earth. i believe it is book 9? i havent finished it yet, i just got the peoples of middle earth and got excited and started it before i finish the others, oops

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 11:49 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BingaBonga
**-Away-**

oh yeah, i saw that, i think that it's cool, i want to read it!

◦•~The KMC Sisterhood~•◦

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 02:58 AM
BingaBonga is currently offline Click here to Send BingaBonga a Private Message Find more posts by BingaBonga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

Sauron Defeated is the next book I'm going to read from the History (or I start nr 12 the Peoples of Middle-earth), I think it's quite interesting because of all the Tengwar texts (they were in the Notion Club Papers, right?) and the stuff about the Númenórean language. I love Adûnaic.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 05:29 AM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BingaBonga
**-Away-**

that's by chistopher tolkien right, his son?

◦•~The KMC Sisterhood~•◦

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 02:21 PM
BingaBonga is currently offline Click here to Send BingaBonga a Private Message Find more posts by BingaBonga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

Yes, that's right BingaBonga. Another in the series is "The Treason of Isenguard." Sauron Defeated is narrated by Sam in the early Fourth Age. smile

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 03:55 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

No it's not BY him he just put together everything Tolkien himself wrote and added comments and explanations.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 09:27 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nephalim27

quote:
Originally posted by Exa
No it's not BY him he just put together everything Tolkien himself wrote and added comments and explanations.

You're thinking of the Sillmarillion, or Unfinished Tales.

I saw, in the back of one of JRR's books, that he wrote one more book called "The adventures of Tom Bombadil." I've never seen it, nor heard of it, but i'm interested. Anyone?

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 10:03 PM
nephalim27 is currently offline Click here to Send nephalim27 a Private Message Find more posts by nephalim27 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

Hm I was thinking of the History. Christopher didnt invent that himself.

The Adventures (as far as I know) contain different poems - mostly hobbit poems, quite nice to read.
And well one of the poems is about Bombadil

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 04:19 PM
Tifa_Lockheart
Maia of Middle-earth

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sauron
[B]where is sauron defeated, a seperate book, in the silmarillion, unfinished tales??

Its a book, all by itself. Type it in your search engine to find out. Its not included in the silmarillion, most of this book is Christopher Tolkien's take on his fathers book. A must for LotR fans, like me!! lolz

-MR ANDERSON.....THIS IS THE SOUND OF INEVITABILITY. FRODO IS COMING TO DESTROY ZION!! MWAHAHA

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 04:59 PM
Tifa_Lockheart is currently offline Click here to Send Tifa_Lockheart a Private Message Find more posts by Tifa_Lockheart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tifa_Lockheart
Maia of Middle-earth

So you are all kind of right!

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 05:00 PM
Exabyte

Which of the History do you like best?

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 08:16 PM
Exabyte

I recently again read parts of Sauron Defeated... GREAT book, especially the Nights 66 ff, really enlighting, and all the Adûnaic and Old English bits are fascinating (cf user title ^^)... at the moment the Downfall of Númenor is my fav story of the later ages, so I absolutely enjoyed the texts of Sauron Defeated.

Old Post May 9th, 2004 10:14 AM
The Inkeeper

so you enjoy seeing me in pain huh? your sounding very much like feanor stick out tongue

anywhoo turin, where the hell have you gotten too, i know that post is from like months ago but get back ere now, im not joking, i know you cant see this but so!

*gives turin about a week to return*

Im Back happy

Old Post May 9th, 2004 10:20 AM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

quote:
Originally posted by sauron
so you enjoy seeing me in pain huh? your sounding very much like feanor stick out tongue

laughing laughing

The title rather refers to the first third of the books which shows the earlier drafts of the End of LoTR where the Ring is destroyed... I didnt read that part wink ... Sauron didn't really suffer when Númenóre was drowned laughing out loud he laughed and laughed and laughed wink

And best parts of the book are those with the text-fragments telling about the Shadow of Númenor and the time after its Downfall... Ús swíthe onsitt déathscúa, wóh bith seo woruld, feor nú is Niwelland and so on smile

Old Post May 9th, 2004 10:29 AM
The Inkeeper

so on and so forth,

which shows the earlier drafts of the End of LoTR where the Ring is destroyed...

wow, are they any different, or are they the same just a tiny bit altered

*hope sauron gets the ring and mercilessly slaughters the shire-folk*

Im Back happy

Old Post May 9th, 2004 10:39 AM
Exabyte

quote:
Originally posted by sauron
wow, are they any different, or are they the same just a tiny bit altered

*hope sauron gets the ring and mercilessly slaughters the shire-folk*

A "tiny bit" laughing out loud but the ring IS destroyed stick out tongue ... and Wiki is killed in the fires of Mt Doom mad poor Witchy sad

Old Post May 9th, 2004 10:42 AM
The Inkeeper

WOW wiki killed in mt doom, nice big grinbig grin

well not nice for wiki but its a better way to die, than bloody folding up when some bird stabs you stick out tongue

Im Back happy

Old Post May 9th, 2004 10:48 AM