KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » what is one hting you're NOT looking forward to in ROTK?

what is one hting you're NOT looking forward to in ROTK?
Started by: billyboyd4ever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
billyboyd4ever
Diamond of Long Cleeve

Question what is one hting you're NOT looking forward to in ROTK?

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: saruman's death... i fear it will be too different from the book

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - J.R.R. Tolkien

*sigh* I've missed you guys.. smile

Old Post Nov 11th, 2003 07:08 PM
billyboyd4ever is currently offline Click here to Send billyboyd4ever a Private Message Find more posts by billyboyd4ever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

It's been cut and will only make it to the DVD...apparently. But I am looking forward to absolutely everything in the next movie...EVERYTHING smile

Old Post Nov 11th, 2003 07:12 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadowskill
The Mourning Sage

I... I dunno... I bet the movie'll be great though there are some things...

Thanks Swe_Bum for my siggy big grin

Old Post Nov 11th, 2003 07:18 PM
Shadowskill is currently offline Click here to Send Shadowskill a Private Message Find more posts by Shadowskill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Altar[1stONE]
Lone Wolf

Im not looking forward to seeing some memorable charcters die , it will be hard to watch but you must sacrafice certain things to gain victory.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2003 07:24 PM
Altar[1stONE] is currently offline Click here to Send Altar[1stONE] a Private Message Find more posts by Altar[1stONE] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

agreed, i don't want to see anyone die, exept maybe frodo .... muuuhahahahaha

Old Post Nov 11th, 2003 07:52 PM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

yes i dont want to see myself be defeated. i hope p.j changed the ending

*tremble*

Im Back happy

Old Post Nov 11th, 2003 08:05 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crzyboutsum1

I'm really afraid that their going to cut out the part where the hobbits go back and free the Shire, but if they don't the movie is gonna be five hours long. :s :/

Last edited by crzyboutsum1 on Nov 11th, 2003 at 08:35 PM

Old Post Nov 11th, 2003 08:32 PM
crzyboutsum1 is currently offline Click here to Send crzyboutsum1 a Private Message Find more posts by crzyboutsum1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

they do cut it, its been confirmed for a while

Im Back happy

Old Post Nov 11th, 2003 08:36 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BingaBonga
**-Away-**

Well, first of all i'm goin to LOVE lotr, because rotk will probably be one of the best movies that i've ever seen, in fact i know that it will be...

1. The war in the shire.... has been CUT... that ticks me off, because i was looking forward to it so much... but i understand that.

2. Along with that Saruman's death will be so much different but that goes with the shire since sarumans death is in the shire...

3. I'm not going to like watching Aragorn and Arwen get married, but hey i don't like the actress or the character, so you can't blame me, and it's my opinion, so people please don't tell me how wrong i am and blah blah blah i know i know your opinion, so yeah...

Other than that this movie will be awesome... espically the crowning of Aragorn... and the action scenes, and yum... *drools* embarrasment

◦•~The KMC Sisterhood~•◦

Old Post Nov 11th, 2003 08:38 PM
BingaBonga is currently offline Click here to Send BingaBonga a Private Message Find more posts by BingaBonga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

well i am very affraid of where the army of the dead is going to be used. i hope that they do it like the book, but it seems like everything is pointing to them being on the pelenor fields.

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2003 10:52 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lady Bri
Woman of Rohan

i already know the shire part's been kicked off the agenda (which sucks) and i honestly can't say i'm looking forward to RotK as much as I was the other two. PJ's a good director but he's taking too much liberty with the story. i am interested in seeing how saruman dies though. it's still gonna be a great movie! wink

Last night, while I was in bed looking up at the stars, I was thinking to myself, "where the heck is my ceiling?"

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 12:19 AM
Lady Bri is currently offline Click here to Send Lady Bri a Private Message Find more posts by Lady Bri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
billyboyd4ever
Diamond of Long Cleeve

quote:
Originally posted by turin
well i am very affraid of where the army of the dead is going to be used. i hope that they do it like the book, but it seems like everything is pointing to them being on the pelenor fields.

yea....the rangers are already not gonna be there...which bugs me cuz i always thought they were cool...

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - J.R.R. Tolkien

*sigh* I've missed you guys.. smile

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 12:45 AM
billyboyd4ever is currently offline Click here to Send billyboyd4ever a Private Message Find more posts by billyboyd4ever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlayerChick
Hot Chick w/ Superpowers

Well I CAN'T WAIT FOR ROTK!!!! but everyone's gotta understand, there is NO conceivalbe way to completely adapt a novel to a film: It just can't be done, and you know those hollywood guys haven't read the books and could care less about preserving the story, but hey, we all have read it and APPRECIATE the story, and THATs what counts, right?

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 12:52 AM
SlayerChick is currently offline Click here to Send SlayerChick a Private Message Find more posts by SlayerChick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

YOU KNOW What i am not looking forward too?!?!?!?

THE movie ending..............bwaaaaaaaaaa!!!!....the journey ends
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 01:01 AM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
drweirdnsteve

Everything that's getting cut out, maybe?

Yeah, that's the stuff I'm not looking forward to seeing. Well, at least we know they kept the Mouth of Sauron, so Jackson didn't screw that up.... let's see, his blunder in saying that Sauron is formless (written all over the official site)... hmm... Sauron has a form throughout the books. It's simply that he's clever and doesn't walk into battle, instead lets people fight each other... weaken each other, and stays hidden in his tower until his plans come to fruition. Now look back at the films and see what's been screwed up about that so far...

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 01:42 AM
drweirdnsteve is currently offline Click here to Send drweirdnsteve a Private Message Find more posts by drweirdnsteve Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BingaBonga
**-Away-**

quote:
Originally posted by fini

Yup, me too, i hope that they do other movies on Tolkien's work... such as THE HOBBIT!! Why didn't they start with that? Just my opinion, well they should do a movie on it, because i don't want to keep watchin a cartoon! stick out tongue

◦•~The KMC Sisterhood~•◦

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 03:16 AM
BingaBonga is currently offline Click here to Send BingaBonga a Private Message Find more posts by BingaBonga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

NO MORE ARWEN!!!

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 03:52 AM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

I'm not looking forward to the time of the day I'll walk out of the cinema, seeing I have a preliminary exam the same morning.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 02:36 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nephalim27

Alot of changes PJ made pissed me off, and while I do understand it's impossible to transform a novel into a movie without changes, I think alot of them were done needlessly and/or badly (I think a long series, perhaps on TV, could have done it loyal to the book, and I would have enjoyed much more.)

However, the whole Shire thing at the end is a must-cut (for PJ's adaption,) even die-hards would be bored to tears at that point. There's no way around it. I have no qualms with that.

I feel like saying that I do think at least the casting and characters were done excellently (for the most part,) but I don't like the portrayal of Merry and Pippin, especially at the beginning. And things either should be cut or uncut...like Bill the Pony, he was obviously not with them then all of a sudden he was there for a second in a very awkward attempt to stay loyal to the book. Either do it or don't. But now i'm starting something I shouldn't. smile

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 06:16 AM
nephalim27 is currently offline Click here to Send nephalim27 a Private Message Find more posts by nephalim27 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hypernova

quote:
Originally posted by fini

Yeah, I agree with fini!! Definitely the ENDING!

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 10:03 AM
Hypernova is currently offline Click here to Send Hypernova a Private Message Find more posts by Hypernova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote