KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Palantir and ROTK

Palantir and ROTK
Started by: Smodden

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smodden
Keyblade Chosen

Question Palantir and ROTK

as EXA said in a post today, what about the palantir? hmmm... the saruman death scene won't be in the movie, so how will pippen get it and aragorn look into it? its a major part of the book so it has to be in the movie...

...any ideas...???

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 11:12 PM
Smodden is currently offline Click here to Send Smodden a Private Message Find more posts by Smodden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadowskill
The Mourning Sage

I'm beginning to think it's not gonna be in there....

Thanks Swe_Bum for my siggy big grin

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 12:39 AM
Shadowskill is currently offline Click here to Send Shadowskill a Private Message Find more posts by Shadowskill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nephalim27

I said it several days ago.

I seriously doubt they will cut out the plantir parts.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 05:42 AM
nephalim27 is currently offline Click here to Send nephalim27 a Private Message Find more posts by nephalim27 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smodden
Keyblade Chosen

then how will gandalf get the palantir?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 07:17 PM
Smodden is currently offline Click here to Send Smodden a Private Message Find more posts by Smodden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nephalim27

I thought of something else, how will Gandalf, Aragorn & co. get reunited with Pippin & Merry?? I think it's a really serious mistake to cut out the Isengard scenes.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 04:13 AM
nephalim27 is currently offline Click here to Send nephalim27 a Private Message Find more posts by nephalim27 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

heyyyyyyyyy i posted a pic with the palantir..........and i have another one( not posted) with Aragorn holding the palantir.

And without the palantir Aragorn wouldn't have gone to the paths of the dead....and WE KNOW THAT HE IS GOING.

sooooooo I seriously doubt that they are gonna cut out the palantir parts

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 01:25 PM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

We WILL see the palantir, the question is how...
especially as the other scenes with orthanc will only be seen on the TT SEE

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 02:46 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

they DO go to orthanc thats where the palantir is found in sarumans stash (in the movie) also they do get re-united they do all go to orthanc, just we do not see saruman thats all

Im Back happy

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 03:25 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

But how can they get the Palantír if we don't see any Gríma scenes while yet Gríma drops it from the balcony?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 03:35 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

because, some of you may have seen pictures of merry and pippin wading through the water, they find it there along with some other of sarymans possesions

Im Back happy

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 04:36 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

Yes thats from the special edition. Maybe, good idea... but I dont think Saruman will let his palantir just flow out of the window

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 04:40 PM
Verity

Noooo!!!!!!!!! Please Noooo!!!!!!!!! I had seen images of Pippin with the Palantir, and from what I understand, the title is even in the soundtrack! So how could that be??...I hope Saruman's absence is a rumour too! confused

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 10:11 PM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

No, Saruman's absence was said to be true by PJ.

Yes the scenes with the palantir were definitely shot

Attachment: pala.jpg
This has been downloaded 51 time(s).

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 10:59 AM
Ariadne
Frodo Lives

Perhaps the Palantir will also be an extended edition thing. But of course, that leaves know reason for Pippin and Gandalf to go to Minas Tirith unless they just happen to feel like a little trip to the place right next to Mordor. Yeah...Saruman not giving his little speech and such from the balcony and Grima not dropping the Palantir would present some problems. Who knows what they'll stick in there instead.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 08:37 PM
Ariadne is currently offline Click here to Send Ariadne a Private Message Find more posts by Ariadne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smodden
Keyblade Chosen

so pippen just finds the palantir floatin' around in the flood?... i don't know about that..........that would ruin it.. the have to have grima throw it out the window!!!

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 09:22 PM
Verity

Exa> Can u post a link where i can actually see them saying that Saruman was left out?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 09:28 PM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

I'll look for one smile

But it IS official

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 01:59 PM
The Inkeeper

erm, in that picture, pippin HAS the palantiri, so WHY is his hand still under gandalfs shees

*shudder, not worth thinking about*

Im Back happy

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 08:39 PM
Camellia
Complete Tolkien geek

*gasp* I'd never thought of THAT!!!

Although the palantir scene IS in the film so...phew! big grin

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2003 05:09 PM
Camellia is currently offline Click here to Send Camellia a Private Message Find more posts by Camellia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

but look, the hand is still under the sheets ahhhhh pippin no,

*begining to feel quite scared, maybe kinky hobbit games in secret diaries (cassandra claire) not a lie after all*

Im Back happy

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2003 06:01 PM