KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » What Themes Does Lord Of The Rings Have

What Themes Does Lord Of The Rings Have
Started by: SIBO

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SIBO
Restricted

Account Restricted

What Themes Does Lord Of The Rings Have

HIYA, I NEED HELP I HAVE AN ENGLISH PRESENTATION TO DO ON THE LORD OF THE RINGS!!!!!!!!!!

I NEED TO FIND OUT WHAT THEMES IT HAS AND WHAT AFFECT IT HAS MADE ON PEOPLE

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

HELP PLEASE

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 11:13 AM
SIBO is currently offline Click here to Send SIBO a Private Message Find more posts by SIBO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

plz, use minuscel, easier for the brain to understand that...

Hm, you mean, like the Hobbit theme (happy, sorrowless), the Ring theme (doomful), the Rohan theme (sad, shows a portrait of Rohan)..?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 11:48 AM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

well the main theme that carries through all of lord of the rings and silmarillion is the battle of good vs. evil, and at what cost and sacrafice it takes to defeat evil. plus i really like the idea of no matter how hopeless the cause, it is worth it, i.e. frodo destroying the ring, the noldor in beleriand, beren and luthien ........

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromė himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 06:46 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lady Ellie

And also close friendship. Sam will help Frodo, no matter what!

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 06:50 PM
Lady Ellie is currently offline Click here to Send Lady Ellie a Private Message Find more posts by Lady Ellie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

yes! good one

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromė himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 07:04 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ariadne
Frodo Lives

Maybe something about courage and strength....

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 10:07 PM
Ariadne is currently offline Click here to Send Ariadne a Private Message Find more posts by Ariadne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tassie

Dont forget a main one- power

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 10:22 PM
Tassie is currently offline Click here to Send Tassie a Private Message Find more posts by Tassie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

well you can also add this one

if all good unite they can overcome even the most powerful evil
(always reminds me of WWII)

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 10:25 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Power is a good one, also one related to that is how power can corrupt you heh like our government

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 12:28 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Verity

Friendship, loyalty, power, choice, responsability....Life, death...The way we take care of our world today, looked at from an ecological point of view..Gosh!, there's so much!(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 12:34 AM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BingaBonga
**-Away-**

sorry, we have to do so much with themes in school that i am so sick of them that i really won't put too much effort into this... but maybe do what's right? i don't know, but it's just i am so sick of stupid themes.... gah!

◦•~The KMC Sisterhood~•◦

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 03:54 AM
BingaBonga is currently offline Click here to Send BingaBonga a Private Message Find more posts by BingaBonga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nephalim27

Holy crap BillaBonga, you were born in 1990!?! God I feel old...
(no offense is meant to you, I am amazed how quickly the years have started going by.)

Sorry for the totally off-topic post.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 04:25 AM
nephalim27 is currently offline Click here to Send nephalim27 a Private Message Find more posts by nephalim27 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

Death and Immortality
(according to Tolkien wink

But it's mostly about friendship

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 04:38 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BingaBonga
**-Away-**

quote:
Originally posted by nephalim27
Holy crap BillaBonga, you were born in 1990!?! God I feel old...
(no offense is meant to you, I am amazed how quickly the years have started going by.)

Sorry for the totally off-topic post.

heh.. that's alright... i guess? well anyway...*raises an eyebrow*...

◦•~The KMC Sisterhood~•◦

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 08:34 PM
BingaBonga is currently offline Click here to Send BingaBonga a Private Message Find more posts by BingaBonga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
enya

viggo talks about how the message at helms deep iz dat you need to try no matter how bad the odds are

hey to all the people on the kmc LOTRs forum

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 07:41 PM
enya is currently offline Click here to Send enya a Private Message Find more posts by enya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BingaBonga
**-Away-**

yup, use aragorn as much as u can wink

◦•~The KMC Sisterhood~•◦

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 07:46 PM
Tassie

*he he*

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 07:47 PM
Tassie is currently offline Click here to Send Tassie a Private Message Find more posts by Tassie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BingaBonga
**-Away-**

muahahahahaha....*calming down* don't worry evil face evil face evil face

◦•~The KMC Sisterhood~•◦

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 07:53 PM
enya

ahhhhhh bless ( i say dat way too much)

hey to all the people on the kmc LOTRs forum

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 08:31 PM
enya is currently offline Click here to Send enya a Private Message Find more posts by enya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nephalim27

If you have't done your report yet, I strongly suggest you read the preface to the book (2nd edition,) which suggest there are no real "themes" and certaintly no allegory to actual current events (at the time) or history, at least it was strongly his intention, as he says, that it would not be that way.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 04:39 AM
nephalim27 is currently offline Click here to Send nephalim27 a Private Message Find more posts by nephalim27 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote