KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Lady of the Rings...

Lady of the Rings...
Started by: Dark_Queen

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dark_Queen
Mistress of Evil

Smile Lady of the Rings...

Personally i liked all the female characters in LOTR, and i always wished Tolkien included a few more female characters. But i think Eowyn was the best,because she really knew how to use a blade(kicked butt in ROTK!!lol),and was strong willed.Arwen wasnt in the book very much which surprised me when i read it.

So this is the place to talk about the females u liked and hated,an d the obvious gender imbalance in LOTR!!!smile have fun!!

Attachment: eowynready4battlerotk.jpg
This has been downloaded 54 time(s).

mmmm..precious..we wants it!

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 12:28 PM
Dark_Queen is currently offline Click here to Send Dark_Queen a Private Message Find more posts by Dark_Queen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

yeah there is a gender imbalance in LOTR..........but as was said SOOOOO MANY times before........this book was written before women actively sought equality.........the mere fact that TOlkien put in strong women characters in his story ( ie, Eowyn, Arwen, Galadriel...who is the most powerful elf in middle earth by the way) made tolkien write a bit ahead of his time

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 01:59 PM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

well i didnt think she did to well in rotk, the only significant thing with a blade i remember her doing was killing witch king

and as iv said before, without merry she could not have done it

Im Back happy

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 03:10 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BingaBonga
**-Away-**

well...definately agreed, eowyn is so cool, an arwen is not, lol, but i think as fini said we've had this discussion so many times before... but i really don't mind, as long as it's not about arwen...hehe stick out tongue

◦•~The KMC Sisterhood~•◦

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 04:11 PM
BingaBonga is currently offline Click here to Send BingaBonga a Private Message Find more posts by BingaBonga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chica16
chica

i wish there was a female in hte fellowship or something

the crownless again shall be king.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 06:26 PM
chica16 is currently offline Click here to Send chica16 a Private Message Find more posts by chica16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chica16
chica

say a female elf... that had sex with legolas... played by me

the crownless again shall be king.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 06:26 PM
chica16 is currently offline Click here to Send chica16 a Private Message Find more posts by chica16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

somehow, i knew thar was comeing big grin

Im Back happy

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 06:33 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
orlandoOYEA
Since When?

lol, thats great. i would want more Eowyn types. Say a whole village of them. SHE KICKS MAJOR @$$!! Cany wait to see her in ROTK, should be great.

made by cinemaddiction

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 07:06 PM
orlandoOYEA is currently offline Click here to Send orlandoOYEA a Private Message Find more posts by orlandoOYEA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

how many ppl now repeat the speech on the pellenor fields

not a sniff of it before then i said how great i though it was and now BOOM everyopne using it in sigs

Im Back happy

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 07:25 PM
billyboyd4ever
Diamond of Long Cleeve

i lik ethe galadriel because of ho wpowerful and majestic and beautiful she is....
i also like arwen, tho it bugs me ho w she SUCH a big part and other parts *cough* pippin *cough* were dwarved by her...like on the TTT poster, she is huge on that but merry and pippin didnt even make it on, when they are more important.

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - J.R.R. Tolkien

*sigh* I've missed you guys.. smile

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 07:36 PM
billyboyd4ever is currently offline Click here to Send billyboyd4ever a Private Message Find more posts by billyboyd4ever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BingaBonga
**-Away-**

yes i wish there was one sex scene with viggo... but NOT with arwen... well i think i may watch some scenes with him in other movies... yum... love

◦•~The KMC Sisterhood~•◦

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 07:48 PM
BingaBonga is currently offline Click here to Send BingaBonga a Private Message Find more posts by BingaBonga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ariadne
Frodo Lives

Eowyn is definitely the coolest LotR character. And Galadriel too. While it would be great if there had been a female in the Fellowship, at least there are some good female characters.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 08:31 PM
Ariadne is currently offline Click here to Send Ariadne a Private Message Find more posts by Ariadne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
enya

alot of people are goin to moan at me but i didnt like her in thetwo towers but finking about dat i blame her uncle coz he wont let her fight

ive got the feeling dat i will like her more when she starts fightin ROTK

by da way give me warning if you are going to post spoilers

hey to all the people on the kmc LOTRs forum

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 08:36 PM
enya is currently offline Click here to Send enya a Private Message Find more posts by enya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BingaBonga
**-Away-**

why didn't u like her? theoden's character was an ass... i'm like pj what the f*ck are you doin to him and faramir...?

◦•~The KMC Sisterhood~•◦

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 08:40 PM
enya

she doesnt do much useful

its not so much dat i dont like her its just i prefer other characters like aragorn and legolas the ultimate fighting machines

but like i said i will probaly like her more wen she starts to fight

hey to all the people on the kmc LOTRs forum

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 08:44 PM
enya is currently offline Click here to Send enya a Private Message Find more posts by enya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

I really liked Níniel. She's cool...

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 08:45 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Verity

Eowyn actually sings in the TT EE! I love that!! big grin

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 09:33 PM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

what did arwen EVER DO TO YOU PERSONALLY??? bingabonga??????

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 08:16 AM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hypernova

I like that Eowyn pic!! Cool!! (Methinks I am starting to like MO beer )

I love the character of Eowyn!!

Attachment: eowyn_rocks.gif
This has been downloaded 32 time(s).

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 08:39 AM
Hypernova is currently offline Click here to Send Hypernova a Private Message Find more posts by Hypernova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote