KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Coolest part in the Battle of the Pellenor Fields/Siege of Gondor

Coolest Scene in the Battle of the Pellenor Fields/Siege of Gondor
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Siege of the city (siege towers, decapitated heads, etc.) 3 6.98%
Nazgul swooping down 2 4.65%
Grond 1 2.33%
Ride of the Rohirrim 9 20.93%
Pyre of Denethor 0 0%
Rohirrim vs. Haradrims and the Oliphaunts 4 9.30%
Eowyn vs. Witch King 12 27.91%
Aragorn's Return with the Army of the Dead 7 16.28%
Legolas vs. Oliphaunt 5 11.63%
Aragorn freeing the Oathbreakers 0 0%
Total: 30 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Coolest part in the Battle of the Pellenor Fields/Siege of Gondor
Started by: shadowy_blue

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
shadowy_blue

Coolest part in the Battle of the Pellenor Fields/Siege of Gondor

OK...What would you say was the coolest of these scenes in the Battle of the Pellenor Fields and The Siege of Gondor?

For me the most awesome scenes were The Ride of the Rohirrim, Aragorn and the Army of the Dead, and Eowyn vs. Witch King.

1.Seiging of the city
(please log in to view the image)

2.Nazgul swooping down

3.Grond

4.Ride of Rohirrim

5.Pyre of Denethor

6.Rohirrim vs Oliphaunts

7.Eowyn vs Witch King

8.Aragorn's Return with The Army of the Dead

9.Legolas vs Oliphaunt

10.Aragorn freeing Oathbreakers

Last edited by shadowy_blue on Jan 1st, 2004 at 12:56 AM

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 12:41 AM
shadowy_blue is currently offline Click here to Send shadowy_blue a Private Message Find more posts by shadowy_blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kitoky
Starting Anew

I think Legolas vs. the Olliphant would be the coolest, I mean I dearly love the Dead Army but I think Legolas really had his glory at that moment.

Thank you so much Eezy!!
I'm starting over, do not mistake me for my brother - he has left. Eezy has convinced me to come back, give him some credit.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 12:49 AM
Kitoky is currently offline Click here to Send Kitoky a Private Message Find more posts by Kitoky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
.:Vegeta14:.
''Super-Saiyan''

obviously when the dead fight

THE PRINCE OF EVIL...!

I Will Galit Gun Your Ass!!!

Cool People:
Exa, Kit, sauron, mw741 and others...

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 01:05 AM
.:Vegeta14:. is currently offline Click here to Send .:Vegeta14:. a Private Message Find more posts by .:Vegeta14:. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

i picked aragagorn's return with the army of dead... they just swept house... totally overwhelming... though i must say legolas and the oliphaunt came in very close second... one guy-- okay elf-- taking down a giganormous beast like that is quite a herculian task...

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 01:40 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowy_blue

I also like Aragorn with the Army of the Dead though it could have been better if it was longer and we really saw how the dead fought. I mean close-up and not just like sweeping up. Still very awesomely cool, but if you'll think about it, it's a little anti-climactic due to the fact that they were the ones who rapidly finished the battle. But still, the sequence where Aragorn charged and the army just appeared behind him and of Legolas and Gimli just really took my breath away, so yeah, I still voted for it. big grin

Last edited by shadowy_blue on Jan 1st, 2004 at 02:24 AM

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 02:19 AM
shadowy_blue is currently offline Click here to Send shadowy_blue a Private Message Find more posts by shadowy_blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

i know huh... there shoulda been scenes up close where they show the awesome fatality of the army of dead...

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 02:22 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

Eowyn vs. Witch King gave me chills..how friggin awesome was she!

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 02:25 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowy_blue

quote:
Originally posted by kalantiaw
i know huh... there shoulda been scenes up close where they show the awesome fatality of the army of dead...

Seriously. I mean, Elrond even said that it is an army more deadly than any man that walks this earth. It could have been more chilling if they showed how they fought. Maybe in the EE. big grin

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 02:31 AM
super pr*xy

quote:
Originally posted by shadowy_blue
Seriously. I mean, Elrond even said that it is an army more deadly than any man that walks this earth. It could have been more chilling if they showed how they fought. Maybe in the EE. big grin

hopefully in the EE...

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 02:41 AM
fini
Hurricane stalker

i'm not voting cause i have an absolute tie, cannot decide between Eowyn taking out the witch king and aragorn returning with the army of the dead.
and you are not gonna make me decide, uh uh, no way

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 05:56 AM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowy_blue

But it's a multiple option poll....you can vote more than one.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 08:52 AM
fini
Hurricane stalker

you can?.........i never knew there was such a poll here!!! why didn't you say that before

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 11:59 AM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
.:Vegeta14:.
''Super-Saiyan''

eowyn v.s the witch king was not bad

THE PRINCE OF EVIL...!

I Will Galit Gun Your Ass!!!

Cool People:
Exa, Kit, sauron, mw741 and others...

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 12:33 PM
.:Vegeta14:. is currently offline Click here to Send .:Vegeta14:. a Private Message Find more posts by .:Vegeta14:. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tassie

i cant believe i had 2 chose btw Aragorn and the Oathbreakers, n Legolas n the Oliphant!!
Neways, i chose Eowyn, of course.
That was horrible when they threw back the heads

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 01:04 PM
Tassie is currently offline Click here to Send Tassie a Private Message Find more posts by Tassie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kitoky
Starting Anew

NAZGUL GO SWOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!!!

Thank you so much Eezy!!
I'm starting over, do not mistake me for my brother - he has left. Eezy has convinced me to come back, give him some credit.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 03:37 PM
Kitoky is currently offline Click here to Send Kitoky a Private Message Find more posts by Kitoky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

The best for me was the Ride of the Rohirrim but I voted for several -

Siege of the city (i love sieges)
Nazgul swooping down (oooh nazgulnazgulnazgul!!!)
Grond (looked amazing)
Ride of the Rohirrim (simply the best)
Rohirrim vs. Haradrims and the Oliphaunts (WOW)

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 08:04 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreddieFreeload

quote:
Originally posted by shadowy_blue

I think that their deadliness doesn't lie in their blades, but merely the fact that they are scary as hell. In the book they don't do much fighting (at least i think not), but they make the bad guys poop their pants so bad that they can't fight back, and as such it makes more sense to me if you see them scaring the enemy so bad they flee or get heartattacks rather than doing real fighting... But they ARE pretty darn effective. Within minutes of their arrival, the battle ends.

Oh. For me it would The Ride of Rohirrim (though I had hoped that they would do that singing thing for their first charge, and waited for the 'Death'-thing for Eomers despair at the apperent loss of his sister)for sure, and Eowyn and Merry fighting the Witch King.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 08:13 PM
FreddieFreeload is currently offline Click here to Send FreddieFreeload a Private Message Find more posts by FreddieFreeload Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Candy
Jedi-Quietscheentchen

i liked fiorst when eowyn vs. the witch king, and then that ride....
that was really cool!

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 09:20 PM
Candy is currently offline Click here to Send Candy a Private Message Find more posts by Candy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
.Dance_Inside.

Eowyn vs witchking for sure that was awsome!

EDWARD CULLEN IS MY LIFE.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 10:26 PM
.Dance_Inside. is currently offline Click here to Send .Dance_Inside. a Private Message Find more posts by .Dance_Inside. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

the ride of the rohirrim is the most breathtaking scene I have ever seen.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 11:20 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote