KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Boromir [merged]

Boromir [merged]
Started by: Smodden

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smodden
Keyblade Chosen

what do you think about boromir's death?

how would things be diferent if boromir hadn't died?

by the way, my name is Smodden, but i used to be username39120jo, does anybody remember me? any way i'm now Smodden. and i'll rock your world!

Old Post Oct 5th, 2003 03:11 AM
Smodden is currently offline Click here to Send Smodden a Private Message Find more posts by Smodden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

hmmmmmmm i dont think so......the uruks would have still attacked them at amon hen and frodo and sam would have left on their own.....
but i do regret not seeing Boromir in any more bettle scenes

i mean the man fought with heart..........i would have loved to see him dishing it out at helm's deep

yes and i know i can see something like that in TTT EE

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Oct 5th, 2003 03:21 AM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arwenishott
Rohirrim

yeh it would be cool to see boromir fighting at minas tirith.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2003 03:31 AM
Arwenishott is currently offline Click here to Send Arwenishott a Private Message Find more posts by Arwenishott Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilvorlandobloom

i thought Boromir was so annoying so i was kinda glad when he died.
oh that makes me sound like a horrible person, doesnt it? confused
im not, really! i just didnt like boromir...i like Faramir though...

Old Post Oct 5th, 2003 05:25 AM
ilvorlandobloom is currently offline Click here to Send ilvorlandobloom a Private Message Find more posts by ilvorlandobloom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

Yah, things would've been different, I think...
He'd surely manage to get the Ring to Minas Tirith, somehow... and Denethor wouldntve killed himself... perhaps Aragorn wouldntve become king after all.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2003 06:56 AM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
drunk_nazgul
obscure

Here's what I thought of his death: NOOOOOOOOO! no
*wraps arms around legs and rocks back and forth*
"B-man's not dead... he survived all the battles... he still gets to betray the Fellowship... Middle-earth has fallen to Sauron... everything's okay..."

eek! eek! I'm still sane?!

Old Post Oct 5th, 2003 07:05 AM
drunk_nazgul is currently offline Click here to Send drunk_nazgul a Private Message Find more posts by drunk_nazgul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nemo
ocean and sea

i was abit bumped out when he died, but after i read about faramir, i thought better him than faramir.
i think he would have to die at some point, he was really taken in by the ring. if he live, he might have killed frodo for ring, and then have to be killed by the other fellowship. i think that's a possiblity.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2003 10:00 AM
nemo is currently offline Click here to Send nemo a Private Message Find more posts by nemo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
muse5
Fool of a Took

quote:
Originally posted by ilvorlandobloom
i thought Boromir was so annoying so i was kinda glad when he died.
oh that makes me sound like a horrible person, doesnt it? confused
im not, really! i just didnt like boromir...i like Faramir though...

no, not at all, i cheered when [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Denethor died

A time to gain, a time to lose
A time to rend, a time to sew
A time to love, a time to hate
A time for peace, I swear it’s not too late

Old Post Oct 5th, 2003 08:35 PM
muse5 is currently offline Click here to Send muse5 a Private Message Find more posts by muse5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilvorlandobloom

YES me too! i HATE him so much!!!

Old Post Oct 5th, 2003 08:38 PM
ilvorlandobloom is currently offline Click here to Send ilvorlandobloom a Private Message Find more posts by ilvorlandobloom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Borormir's death was soooooooo sad I wiped when he died, He was so well played by Sean, with emotion and everything, he would have fought well for hes country in Minas Tirith, WHY DID HE HAVE TO DIE!!!!!!!!!

I would have followed you my brother, my captain, my king..........

soooooooo sad...sad

Old Post Oct 5th, 2003 09:27 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadowskill
The Mourning Sage

You people are mean... I cried when B-Man died. Things would definetly be different. Like... The Rohirrim would be less hostile because they knew Boromir.
And he'd kick some serious a** in Helm's Deep.

Thanks Swe_Bum for my siggy big grin

Old Post Oct 6th, 2003 09:41 PM
Shadowskill is currently offline Click here to Send Shadowskill a Private Message Find more posts by Shadowskill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
drunk_nazgul
obscure

quote:
Originally posted by Lord_Andres
Borormir's death was soooooooo sad I wiped when he died,

Uhhh... you wiped?

Old Post Oct 6th, 2003 09:51 PM
drunk_nazgul is currently offline Click here to Send drunk_nazgul a Private Message Find more posts by drunk_nazgul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
billyboyd4ever
Diamond of Long Cleeve

i cried the first time i saw it whne he died...he was such a cool character... sad

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - J.R.R. Tolkien

*sigh* I've missed you guys.. smile

Old Post Oct 6th, 2003 10:50 PM
billyboyd4ever is currently offline Click here to Send billyboyd4ever a Private Message Find more posts by billyboyd4ever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

i love boromir. i think he was a good person, but was taken by the ring. eventually though i think that it passed and he earned his redemption with his death. if he had survived the story would be quite different. he would have let frodo go (in his death he was very repentful which i think would have carried over if he survived) i dont think he would have gone to rohan but straight to minis tirith (although he probably wouldnt want to condem merry and pippin as well). denethor would be worse off in my opinion, because aragorn made a beleiver out of boromir and denethor would not be.

P.S. props to sean bean (i think thats his name) for being in my opinion one of two or three roles that were cast perfectly

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2003 10:51 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
muse5
Fool of a Took

if i'm in a sad mood when i watch the fellowship, i'll cry... and orli lover... his character deserved that... i want to see that in the movie

Old Post Oct 6th, 2003 11:10 PM
muse5 is currently offline Click here to Send muse5 a Private Message Find more posts by muse5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

you mean Boromir deserved too die?

Old Post Oct 6th, 2003 11:18 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
muse5
Fool of a Took

no... see the spoiler i posted up there... i don't think boromir deserved to die at all... he was an awesome character, very human

Old Post Oct 6th, 2003 11:22 PM
Smodden
Keyblade Chosen

nah he was very orcish. just kiddin'lol boromir would have shurely track'd the hobbits down and tried to persuade the hobbits to come to his city, than taken the ring...

Galadriel:"Men are Weak"

Old Post Oct 7th, 2003 06:07 PM
Smodden is currently offline Click here to Send Smodden a Private Message Find more posts by Smodden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
drunk_nazgul
obscure

quote:
Originally posted by Smodden

Galadriel:"Men are Weak"

drunk_nazgul:"And women make them grovel."

Old Post Oct 7th, 2003 08:48 PM
turin

what? no woman would make me grovel...............unless she was really hot, lol

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2003 10:25 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote