KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Official Inter-House Challenge Thread

Official Inter-House Challenge Thread
Started by: Tassie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tassie

Warning Official Inter-House Challenge Thread

Firstly, you must belong to one of our LotR houses-- either The Prancing Pony, The White Horse Inn, or The Green Dragon. To become a part of it, PM either me, shadowy_blue, or Exa.
Permission for the entire I-H has been given by our Razmeister!

You chat and discuss and plan Challenges in your House Threads. This thread is NOT a chat or discussion thread, like your Common rooms. The sole purpose of this thread is for houses to post and answer Challenges. Points will eventually be deducted for unnecessary posting-- but for now you guys can go ahead and post in here big grin Since the game's just begun.

An Official thread is created so that many individual Challenge threads won't appear, cluttering the forum.

The Prefects ((which are elected by the members of the house)) of Houses will be in charge of rewarding points. Please Be Fair!! stick out tongue

Every house should participate in each Challenge, including the House that started the Challenge. It's not compulsary for your house to be a part of every Challenge, but if you're not, it's your house's loss.

The house which has proposed the challenge, is also in charge of setting a scoring scheme. smile

Each Challenge should have a deadline, which will also be decided by the proposing House.

And also, the amount of entries per house, per challenge, will vary depending on the challenge and what the House which created the challenge says. Every entry becomes permanent on entering; ya can't take it back.

Houses may tie smile

I will start off the first challenge, but first I want all the houses up and running-- so by tomorrow, or Monday I'll give you the First challenge.

Tell me if you understand everything I just said stick out tongue Let me know if you have any problems, questions, or anything to add!

Don't forget that the purpose of the whole I-H game is to have fun!! stick out tongue
So if you're gonna cheat, at least do it good stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 02:37 AM
Tassie is currently offline Click here to Send Tassie a Private Message Find more posts by Tassie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowy_blue

Hullo! big grin

I'm shadowy_blue, I'm not really dead. stick out tongue

You guys can also PM me if you have any questions. happy I promise, I'll be nice. shifty

YEY! I can't wait for this to get started! We need more people! eek!

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 05:23 AM
shadowy_blue is currently offline Click here to Send shadowy_blue a Private Message Find more posts by shadowy_blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tassie

Somebody please hold down the dead girl no stick out tongue

I promised S-b I'd propose the First Challenge when everyone's a little aware of everything.. so most of you here are from my hp thing, and don't really need any explanation. But if anyone still doesn't understand it, just PM me smile

---

First LotR I-H Challenge
As proposed by Head, Tassie, member of The White Horse Inn
This is a simple one just to start things off smoothly--
To design a LotR-related crest for your Inn, including the Inn name
-Mustn't exceed sig limit.
-Max 2 entries per Inn
-Challenge ending Wednesday 30th June

Scoring Scheme--
6 for creativity
1 for not exceeding deadline
2 for following guidelines
3 for clarity
3 for originality

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 01:45 PM
Tassie is currently offline Click here to Send Tassie a Private Message Find more posts by Tassie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

quote:
Originally posted by Tassie~Cyanide~
First LotR I-H Challenge

[B]To design a LotR-related crest for your Inn, including the Inn name
-Mustn't exceed sig limit.
-Max 2 entries per Inn
-Challenge ending Wednesday 30th June

happy Perfect idea for the start smile yes

I just see one problem - until Wednesday?!? I think that's a little too short as the houses have just started... and as seen in HP everything will be very chaotic in the beginning stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 01:56 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eezy45
Winter is coming

yeah! very good start! reminds me of the HP I-H challenge wink

ah well WE ROCK rock GREEN DRAGON!

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 03:10 PM
eezy45 is currently offline Click here to Send eezy45 a Private Message Find more posts by eezy45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorondor
Love?

sig limit?

A God Among Geeks

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 03:40 PM
Thorondor is currently offline Click here to Send Thorondor a Private Message Find more posts by Thorondor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

sig limit is 10 lines I think,

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 03:42 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

Sig limit is 500x200 px wink

200 px count as 8 lines, but the pix still cant be bigger.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 03:44 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

so everyone has to make a sig?

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 06:08 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

eek!

Attachment: pp.jpg
This has been downloaded 113 time(s).

Im Back happy

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 06:28 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorondor
Love?

careful sauron once you've entered a sig that counts as your inn's entry.

A God Among Geeks

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 06:41 PM
Thorondor is currently offline Click here to Send Thorondor a Private Message Find more posts by Thorondor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nienna
nonexistent

laughing I lurve that sig laughing

Oh my God, Sauron...laughing out loud

Anyway *PMs some people* smile

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 09:04 AM
Nienna is currently offline Click here to Send Nienna a Private Message Find more posts by Nienna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorondor
Love?

so what are the member's and inn's at the moment

A God Among Geeks

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 05:55 PM
Exabyte

blink

Members -- still the same I think?

Tassie- The White Horse Inn
Shadowy_blue- The Green Dragon
Exabyte- The Prancing Pony
Sauron/ Shadowy_Exa- The Prancing Pony
Nienna/ Ying- The Prancing Pony
Smodden- The Green Dragon
Discos- The Prancing Pony
pip-foot/ Elessea- The White Horse Inn
eezy/ Ancalagon- The Greet Dragon
Agent Elrond/ I am a sock- The Prancing Pony
Thorondor/ Thór Vór- The White Horse Inn
Spearhead- The Green Dragon
AlexRyder-The Green Dragon
Montross- The White Horse Inn
Fee- The Green Dragon

blink

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 06:03 PM
The Inkeeper

I know thor
thats why i did it stick out tongue

*doesnt wait for anyone permission*

i mean we still have a chance for another sig to be entered
its not like i entered two shit ones smile

*laughs at what he is about to do, watched everyone in his inn pm each other with i hate sauron titles*

Attachment: nazzy.jpg
This has been downloaded 100 time(s).

Im Back happy

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 06:04 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tassie

okay, you want the deadline pushed back till Thurs?
I'm currently doing some re-arranging, so some of you might have to move-- except the 3 Heads, and Sauron will remain with Exa, of course wink

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 06:46 PM
The Inkeeper

love

Thank you tassie smile

Im Back happy

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 06:51 PM
Thorondor
Love?

re-arranging...hmmm big grin

A God Among Geeks

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 06:56 PM
Discos
The Discmeister

mines is going to be as bad as saurons am afraid,

Discos - just a minky paint job

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 06:59 PM
Tassie

Sauron, are those two your house's entries? You're The Prancing Pony..?

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 07:01 PM